• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Z1Alpha

Z1Alpha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

So I was thinking about all those mines that I see on the floor all the time, and how I do my best to shoot them. I can never hit them, even when I'm just standing there. I feel they need to have their hit-boxes updated so if I see them I can shoot them. I know I can just go around them, and I know I can shoot one type of mine, but I'd like to be able to shoot both, and not concentrate my aim so hard, especially when just by walking by them sets them off. Thought's on this matter are appreciated.

image.jpg

- How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your

condition is not permanent. You're lucky, too. Mad eyes suit so few. -

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
The EOC-Predator mines are the ones you can shoot. Regular EOC mines can't be shot. Easiest way to shoot EOC-Ps is to splash damage them. Sometimes small surface imperfections (like Origin's ground... ugh) can block said splash, tho.

Being able to shoot regular EOC mines would be nice. I'm actually not sure why they can't be. I'd actually like to be able to shoot all projectiles down like how TOWs and Grenades can be shot down. Always wanted to throw a grenade into the air, air burst it, and take out some hellfires mid-flight. ;)
  • talon70 likes this

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

The EOC-Predator mines are the ones you can shoot. Regular EOC mines can't be shot. Easiest way to shoot EOC-Ps is to splash damage them. Sometimes small surface imperfections (like Origin's ground... ugh) can block said splash, tho.

Being able to shoot regular EOC mines would be nice. I'm actually not sure why they can't be. I'd actually like to be able to shoot all projectiles down like how TOWs and Grenades can be shot down. Always wanted to throw a grenade into the air, air burst it, and take out some hellfires mid-flight. ;)

I really think some hellfires and eoc spam should be able to be shot. It just makes sense

Edited by talon70, 25 March 2015 - 11:06 PM.

Z1Alpha

Z1Alpha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

I never thought about that, but that would be cool. Trading TOW's or something. Wonder how often that would happen though. Even the regular EOC's are hard to hit, due to terrain like you said and what not. I just feel blowing them up needs to be easier.

image.jpg

- How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your

condition is not permanent. You're lucky, too. Mad eyes suit so few. -

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

I swear I've seen people shoot down my TOWs right after I fire them, causing them to blow up in my face as if it was a 'self' TOW. Not sure if it's a glitch or a rarely known secret.

Edited by IareDave, 26 March 2015 - 01:58 AM.

• dorobo likes this

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

ye those things possible..

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

I swear I've seen people shoot down my TOWs right after I fire them, causing them to blow up in my face as if it was a 'self' TOW. Not sure if it's a glitch or a rarely known secret.

It's definitely possible. I think Vana or Hughes confirmed it in one of the Cockpit interviews some while back. It's only on TOWs and Grenades tho, so far as I'm aware. I've even seen TOWs and/or Grenades collide with each other (it's been a while, can't remember which it was, or both).

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

It's definitely possible. I think Vana or Hughes confirmed it in one of the Cockpit interviews some while back. It's only on TOWs and Grenades tho, so far as I'm aware. I've even seen TOWs and/or Grenades collide with each other (it's been a while, can't remember which it was, or both).

Was going to say, I could have sworn someone posted a video of this happening...

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EOC, Repeater, Mine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users