• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TrueMA

TrueMA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Yes. I've been finally granted spectator permission. But, It was a while ago when I left Hawken for about 2-3 months (I'm back, baby) I was wondering... Does it expire? And if It doesn't... How, exactly do I use it? Yeah, I know. It's stupid, but I had laid out and planned a cinematic for weeks. I even bought Adobe Premiere pro Just for it. Only to come back and find, I'm either too stupid to use it, it expired, or something happened If anyone could take some time and help me, it'd be awesome. 

Cheers!

-TrueMA

I deleted my shitty old signature

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

IIRC the list of people who had spectator permissions was cleared. You can request spectator permissions by submitting a support ticket.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

TrueMA

TrueMA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

IIRC the list of people who had spectator permissions was cleared. You can request spectator permissions by submitting a support ticket.

Ok. Thanks! I knew something was up

Edited by TrueMA, 09 December 2015 - 02:51 PM.

I deleted my shitty old signature

maxajcd

maxajcd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

what exactly is spectator perms?

I do appreciate the art, but I don't have time to find anything good. /h/

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

what exactly is spectator perms?

It's access to a really clunky, totally unrefined, occasionally game breaking (think the game itself, not the balance) piece of software that lets you move around the map in a server with other people without a visible physical entity or the ability to interact with the players in the game. (That being said you can't go through walls, and the space you seem to occupy is significantly larger than any mech in the game.)

I'm sure someone that's not me can pull in examples of it in use, but in general access is restricted because the permissions physically allow you to use it on any server - however you are explicitly forbidden from doing so on any server that you do not have permission from the owner to use it on. In addition to potential game crashes, it also takes up a slot in the game, never allowing a server to reach full capacity.

Basically, unless you have a good reason that benefits the community - typically through streaming or for youtube, and can follow through with that reason, please don't waste developer time asking for it.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, 09 December 2015 - 07:04 PM.

• JackVandal likes this

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

maxajcd

maxajcd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

It's access to a really clunky, totally unrefined, occasionally game breaking (think the game itself, not the balance) piece of software that lets you move around the map in a server with other people without a physical entity or the ability to interact with the players in the game. (That being said you can't go through walls, and the space you seem to occupy is significantly larger than any mech in the game.)

I'm sure someone that's not me can pull in examples of it in use, but in general access is restricted because the permissions physically allow you to use it on any server - however you are explicitly forbidden from doing so on any server that you do not have permission from the owner to use it on. In addition to potential game crashes, it also takes up a slot in the game, never allowing a server to reach full capacity.

Basically, unless you have a good reason that benefits the community - typically through streaming or for youtube, and can follow through with that reason, please don't waste developer time asking for it.

alright, thanks, just wondering what it did and hope to whoever has access to it that you game is not too broken :P

I do appreciate the art, but I don't have time to find anything good. /h/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spectator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users