- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

coliverse

coliverse

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm unable to launch Hawken, which is really frustrating considering I just spent money on it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, verified integrity of game cache, ran UE3Redist, and still its not working. Whenever I launch it, it says running in steam, and then it stops, and i'm online again. I don't understand, hopefully someone who's having the same problem can help.

• Rainbow_Sheep likes this

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I had this exact problem a while back, and resetting my config fixed it.

Reset your config files:
Depending on your operating system there are different ways to perform this step.

• For everything older than Windows 8:
    Navigate to "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\" and rename the "Config" folder to "ConfigBackup".     

• For Windows 8 ond newer:
    Navigate to "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\" and rename the "Config" folder to "ConfigBackup". Afterwards copy the "Config" folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\HawkenGame" to "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame".

• If you don't have the folder "Hawken" in your "My Games" folder yet:
    If you don't have the necessary folders yet you have to create them yourself. Please create the necessary folders to get a filepath looking like "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\HawkenGame" to "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame". 

• minefake likes this

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users