• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Anyone know about a 3rd party program or a plug in that can modify video effects such as as filters for colorization?
I run a c270 logitech and in the webcam's controls, the closest "color" modifyer I play with it the white balance.

I'd actually like to make it red and dark as in my profile pic here while I take video captures and doing that "natively" and not add an effect after recording but while recording.

I don't really want to play in the dark with a red lamp in my face... hehe

Thanks

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

The latest OBS (multiplatform) lets you add color correction filter to your webcam.

Not sure what might do this as a standalone, though.

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

I don't really want to play in the dark with a red lamp in my face... hehe

why not.. :nuke: sounds kinda cool 

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

A cheaper way to get the same effect in OBS is to add a layer of a picture of a red rectangle above your cam and set the opacity for it.

Edited by Houruck, 22 January 2016 - 12:23 AM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I was thinking about getting the same webcam as you have luaq, how is it? I would probably use it as a streaming webcam so I don't mind if it's not super high def

Spoiler

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

I was thinking about getting the same webcam as you have luaq, how is it? I would probably use it as a streaming webcam so I don't mind if it's not super high def

Seriously, I have no complaint. It does the job good and for the price, really nothing to complain about.
I'd still do a small research as to C270 vs ______ on the web :P

A cheaper way to get the same effect in OBS is to add a layer of a picture of a red rectangle above your cam and set the opacity for it.

Not sure I understand you, a red film filter maybe? That I would understand with the transperancy...

why not.. :nuke: sounds kinda cool 

I've already done it for the photoshoot I did for my avatar which is an old auto-portrait done long ago. It was fun to do as light painting but I want to see my computer screen when I play not a red beam in my eyes ahah, that's why ;)

The latest OBS (multiplatform) lets you add color correction filter to your webcam.

Not sure what might do this as a standalone, though.

What's OBS actually? A program?

Edit: Ok Open Broadcaster Software? That it?
I whould pic the multiplatform? Why?

EDit2: Is this where I should be to add things to my OBS program?
I have zero coding capability. I didn't find any adjustments possible as to modify color or other filter than scaling ones...
I'm lost

EDit3: Also, from what I read and saw, OBS seems to need a good rig and a lot of "testing" to get the right settings.
My computer is 8yrs old... haha fml

Edited by Luaq, 22 January 2016 - 12:10 PM.

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

EDit3: Also, from what I read and saw, OBS seems to need a good rig and a lot of "testing" to get the right settings.
My computer is 8yrs old... haha fml

I can't really comment on if your computer will run OBS well or not, but it appears to be a pretty well-made program which doesn't have too massive of an effect on performance.

Watch a Youtube video on how to stream with OBS, and that will get you off the ground with how to use OBS (focus mostly on how the user interface works, it can be wonky; get to where you understand 'scenes' and settings profiles, etc.). Then when adjusting settings, pay most of your attention to bitrate, resolution, and frames per second- i'm pretty confident you'll be able to get something watchable working.

You likely understand the frames per second (literally the number of frames generated per second) and resolution (vaguely the number of individually colored blocks generated per frame), and to put very simply, bitrate is how quickly and accurately the colored blocks are changing with the actual game- it ends up having a similar affect on quality as resolution/fps mixed together.

• Luaq likes this

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

Red Saran wrap. Done.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Red Saran wrap. Done.

such a thing exists?

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

such a thing exists?

No.

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

OBS is a broadcasting and recording software.

I have added several video effects on top of my camera while I was streaming with it live.

Spoiler

• Luaq likes this

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

No.

Yeah okay, real photo/film filters like I mentionned.
(Thoses one look like decorative ones... celophane...)

But thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users