Photo

How to make 11 other people mad at you...

- - - - - aimbotting

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

BlackWarGreymon

BlackWarGreymon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

It was so open, and he wasn't even ashamed about admitting it- his excuse was that other people were cheating too ( no evidence of this, despite watching other people he accused ). The entire server turned against him and kept emping him and reporting his location so he could be murderized; I have sent a report to the devs.
  • CoshCaust likes this

:devil:

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

time to lock this topic...

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

BlackWarGreymon

BlackWarGreymon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
No names mentioned :D

But yeah, this is just to highlight the issue and what to look for if you suspect someone of botting.

Coboxite

Coboxite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
Please Stop Making These Threads

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

No names mentioned :D

ad3ddbf167.jpg

b00085d099.jpg

• Skrill likes this

d1eZeG3.png

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

i think i won a siege against this guy.. or not. maybe both.

BlackWarGreymon

BlackWarGreymon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

{image}

Video title not withstanding.

Please Stop Making These Threads

Why? The rules on call-outs are fair enough, but when you have clear video evidence, the community deserves to know that these cheaters are around and that they should be avoided / observed where possible and reported if they are still insistent on hacking. The feeling against hackers is very strong right now and is putting people off playing the game- there is no reason to shield the hackers to protect their feelings if they are killing the game and its community.
  • CoshCaust likes this

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Why? The rules on call-outs are fair enough, but when you have clear video evidence, the community deserves to know that these cheaters are around and that they should be avoided / observed where possible and reported if they are still insistent on hacking. The feeling against hackers is very strong right now and is putting people off playing the game- there is no reason to shield the hackers to protect their feelings if they are killing the game and its community.

The forum can't ban players, but the people who read support tickets can. If you have clear evidence of a hacker, naming and shaming them on the forums can only give the offender the attention they crave and do nothing productive.

If you submit a ticket, however, the folks at Reloaded can take the cheater out back and quietly dispose of him in a shallow grave next to the other ones that have had a legitimate ticket submitted against them.

Edited by Hyginos, 12 February 2016 - 11:19 AM.

• talon70 likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

if this was one of MY posts it would have been removed already... js,

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

BlackWarGreymon

BlackWarGreymon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

... shallow grave...

Good answer, though I'd question if the cheater wants attention- if they get it and are spotted cheating, that's the end of their account- better to be subtle surely? ( unless they're a trolling moron ). A lot of guys never look at the forum so shaming them does little good I suppose. Meh. 

if this was one of MY posts it would have been removed already... js,

There is no love for you.
  • claisolais likes this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

maybe not, but there are also no fuzzy bunnys givin about this....

the biggest reason i get no love is because i call out most the eltist fuzzy bunnytards on their smurf accounts....

Oh and because alot of people cant read proper like and think im some one im not ;)

hint hint

r4GY0PF.jpg

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

MODS HE NAMED NAMES B& PLS

Ignore the h8rz OP, people haven't been getting banned fast enough, it's definitely beneficial for people to see names of confirmed script kiddies- and the benefit trumps any insignificant collateral stroking you accidentally do to the script kiddy's ego.

No, more important to know who these names are so we can clear a lobby out before the game starts.

People forget, also, that reactions are what feed trolls, not actions. Taking action to simply add a name to the list of known script kiddies in order to nullify their griefing? Good. Reacting to said script kiddie in a fit of rage and butthurt in any public forum? Bad. We can do one without the other- in fact this forum has been doing pretty well at it from what i've seen.

EDIT:

Come to think of it, there should really be a list of confirmed script kiddies somewhere...does one exist? If not, someone should make it. It would be easy to simply link the proof right next to a name- Google docs maybe?

Edited by CoshCaust, 12 February 2016 - 09:33 AM.

• claisolais and Luaq like this

BlackWarGreymon

BlackWarGreymon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

the biggest reason i get no love is because i call out most the eltist fuzzy bunnytards on their smurf accounts....

The trouble with smurf accounts, as I've stated elsewhere in threads on the subject, is that they aren't smurf accounts for very long- it only takes a few hours to raise your MMR from the 1400 starting level to 1800-2000, at which point you are no longer a smurf, and in fact are handicapped against other players who have 'better' mechs/load outs and a similar skill level. Having multiple accounts isn't an issue unless they are using them to do naughty things like aimbotting, exploiting, or testing other hacks to the detriment of everyone on the server ( testing in private or just with friends is not an issue ).

I don't mind playing against smurfs so long as they aren't hacking- all it does is force me to raise my game to match them, which is never a bad thing really...
  • BimboRotto likes this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

you realize though...

that climbing mmr process often shits all over other players attempt to climb the mmr right?

i mean logic.... it takes 2 hours to get the mmr up, in that 2 hours you have assassinated five new players and killed their willingness to play, stomped all over who ever the fuzzy bunny you feel like it to make your smurf account....

to be honest smurfing and hacking are both pathetic little kids games in my opinion, i mean if your as good as you say you are, why the fuzzy bunny do you NEED to practice on a smurf account? (oh because your not and you dont want your mmr to go down)

hacks and smurfs are BOTH fuzzy bunnyng the hawken community, hacks maybe more directly but the damage smurfing does is undeniable...

you wonder why we dont have new players? ask the smurfs and elitist pricks that pub stomp them daily....

ps. (edit)

that is not even mentioning the damage done to auto-balance that i think 90% of players are aware of as its even worse lately

Edited by DemitronPrime, 12 February 2016 - 01:18 PM.

• Luaq likes this

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

BlackWarGreymon

BlackWarGreymon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Well, I suppose it comes down to how merciless the smurfs are- there are other reasons for wanting/needing alternate accounts besides the ability to be an a-hole to the rookies ( 4 year old game, no real udates for nearly two years- when you have 3 of every mech and 500k HC spare, it might just be nice to have a second account for spare, or to challenge yourself to level up quicker and achieve a better k/d ratio etc etc ).

Regards auto-balance, it has never worked properly from day-1, no matter what tweaks have been made over the years- when the new devs made some changes back along it made things a whole lot worse; you can't solely blame smurfing as smurfs have been around since the beginning too. Baring in mind that the lack of any updates is why player retention and new players joining is so poor, so you will see a strong divide between 'good' and 'new/weak' players, hence the smurfs are more obvious to see, rather than being lost in the crowd as it were.

TL;DR- ban the hackers, update the game, happy days, k thnx bye.
  • DemitronPrime likes this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

I agree, we DEFINITELY need anti cheat man, also i think some means of stricter naming engine because some people are just overly offensive with their names....

be it racist or just overall arrogance or  in some cases, making a  smurf account to hack on and naming it after another player... etc etc

this stuff COULD prob be prevented, and Sure, new content would be great and all.... to be honest i 95% agree with you, the other 5% says smurfs make accounts so they can

a) stomp

b) not risk mmr ( which kinda defeats the purpose of HAVING it in the first place )

you say auto balance hasn't worked since day one... and yet you also say there have been smurfs since day one... 1 + 2 = ;)

all in all though you are right about getting rid of hackers....

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users