- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

VagabondZ

VagabondZ

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I can't get 3D to work. I have 3D enabled in my nvidia control panel and the test there works fine. Hawken isn't in 3D and i don't see any option anywhere to enable it.

TURDxSANDWICH

TURDxSANDWICH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

are you running it in fullscreen mode or borderless windowed mode?  It boots up just fine for me when i give it a chance.

Hawken in 3D has the potential to be great, but unfortunately, its not quite there.  The geometry renders perfectly, which is awesome, but the UI elements (crosshairs and player tags) aren't at proper depth. So the only way to make it somewhat playable is to set the 3D to moderate depth and almost no convergence which basically defeats the point of playing it in 3D.

Edited by TURDxSANDWICH, 16 February 2016 - 03:15 PM.

4wBdPaU.jpg

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I have played in 3D but had to turn off UI and use the NVidia crosshair.

Makes it interesting to have no idea of your health or heat.

If the UI were able to work in 3d and not just 2D then this would be great.

• KaBLoS likes this

KaBLoS

KaBLoS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

The same as ^ plus only 60 fps :/

Zellfreid

Zellfreid

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I can't get 3D to work. I have 3D enabled in my nvidia control panel and the test there works fine. Hawken isn't in 3D and i don't see any option anywhere to enable it.

No replies answered this issue.  I am having the same problem. Is Hawken supposed to automatically launch in 3D? Or is there a setting to adjust? Please help.

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

No replies answered this issue.  I am having the same problem. Is Hawken supposed to automatically launch in 3D? Or is there a setting to adjust? Please help.

Nobody knows.  The number of people that have seen the 3D Vision mode can be counted on a single hand, and that includes me.  It used to just force itself on automatically when it detected the drivers were installed, and years ago my fix to that was to just uninstall both 3D Vision drivers.  I never looked back or regretted that decision.  

I have no idea if they moved it to an ini setting to enable it, but feel free to look.  Theres a whole section dedicated to it in Hawkenengine.ini

[Engine.Stereo3D]
bEnabled=False
EyeDistance=0.064000
HudDepth=100
bOverrideFov=False
CrosshairOffset=1280
bVisibilityTestBothViews=True
bOverrideRecenter=False
bOverride2D=False
FrustumOffset=0.000000
MovieDepth=150
MovieWidth=400
bForceStereoOn=False

Start by making bEnabled = True and bForceStereoOn = True and loading up the game.  Its also possible that if that doesn't work they moved it to a flag like they did for the oculus.  Its also possible it has been completely disabled.

You are not going to find any answers or any more help with this subject due to its unpopularity, but if you are the type of person that enjoys tinkering and trying to get things to work maybe writing up a HOW TO for the community then by all means proceed, if not then I wouldn't waste your time.

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users