- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hey guys! After a complete wipe and install I finally got Hawken up from 12 FPS to about 25, which is awesome!

However, I was joining a match on Uptown and I got "Lost Connection. Error: 475E2DCF "Failed to load package 'VS-Alley'." 

Any thoughts? I have played a few matches on Bazaar, Lost Echo, and Facility, with no problems. 

Fox

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Isn't  "VS-Alley" the name for Uptown in the game files? Oh, and This

Edited by (TDM) DallasCreeper, 15 March 2016 - 06:56 AM.

• Desert_Fox2 and kaiserschmarrn_ like this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

kaiserschmarrn_

kaiserschmarrn_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Those are some of the uptown files, and they are probably either corrupted or missing.

The easiest way to deal with this is to verify the integrity of the game cache on steam. To do this, you want to start by going into your steam library. Right click on hawken in the list of games on the left, and then click properties. In the properties window, open the local files tab. You should have the option to verify the integrity of the game cache once there.

If this doesn't work, steam probably saw that the files were there, but not that there was something wrong with them. In this case, you are going to go back to your library, right click on hawken, and select delete local content (Don't worry, none of your account information is stored here). After that you may reinstall hawken on steam (I think that launching the game after deleting the local content will cause a reinstall prompt to appear, not sure though).

If this doesn't work, submitting a support ticket @ https://hawken.zendesk.com/hc/en-usmay give you some more insight into the problem.

• Ashfire908, eth0 and Desert_Fox2 like this

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

For better performance from the game's graphics, a config mod is available: "Plastic Hawken"

• Desert_Fox2 likes this

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks for the help guys! 

Ran the file integrity check, which worked like a charm. There were 9 missing files, which are now downloaded. I haven't gotten a match on Uptown yet, but I want to assume that it should be fine. 

Good hunting,

Fox

Edited by Desert_Fox2, 15 March 2016 - 08:46 AM.

• eth0 and kaiserschmarrn_ like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users