• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

So, giving this game another go and decided to try to give a controller a chance. I'm currently using a PS2 (yes, 2) controller and a USB converter. I'm not sure where I'd put xinput, or even if it's viable, but as of now I can't use my controller as is.

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

I've tried this one with success for a non xinput joystick: https://github.com/x360ce/x360ce

Haven't tried this one but might work better for ps: http://forums.pcsx2....-XInput-Wrapper

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Oh, sorry, I had x360 already. I was just calling it the wrong thing.

I still don't know where to put it, though.

Edited by Panzermanathod, 24 March 2016 - 08:32 PM.

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

I used to use motionjoy, but don't remember if it supported ps2 controllers.

xpadder was another one that worked for remapping things.

A simple wired Xbox360 gamepad works right out of the box, so go find one at a thrift store somewhere.

• CraftyDus likes this

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Oh, sorry, I had x360 already. I was just calling it the wrong thing.

I still don't know where to put it, though.

For x360ce, the dll and config go in the same folder as the hawken executable, usually something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Hawken\Binaries\Win32\"

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

I use Xpadder. It works wonders. I think I also have the same PSX to USB converter. The see-through blue one?

FYI: The PSX to USB converter should also work on Android devices with a USB OTG cable. Drivers detected right away for me. Amazing! Right?

Edited by WillyW, 25 March 2016 - 09:32 AM.

2XhpJes.png

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
A simple wired Xbox360 gamepad works right out of the box, so go find one at a thrift store somewhere.

But I don't want an Xbox360 controller.

I use Xpadder. It works wonders. I think I also have the same PSX to USB converter. The see-through blue one?

You are correct!

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

But I don't want an Xbox360 controller.

That may be the case, but its the easiest solution that doesn't require any adapters or 3rd party software to get things to work correctly.

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Trying to use x360 and while I can, with some work, get Hawken to recognize the left stick in the key binding options, I can't actually move in game. The right stick works, however.

And I tried this with both my PS2 controllers.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Trying to use x360 and while I can, with some work, get Hawken to recognize the left stick in the key binding options, I can't actually move in game. The right stick works, however.

And I tried this with both my PS2 controllers.

using the guide detailing how to disable 180 turns may hint to you how to map your movement keys

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

What guide? I tried using the Search function but got nothing.

However, the issue isn't mapping the keys. I can map movement to the left stick in game. It just won't actually move me.

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

What guide? I tried using the Search function but got nothing.

However, the issue isn't mapping the keys. I can map movement to the left stick in game. It just won't actually move me.

Xpadder allows you to assign keyboard keys to any input from a controller, as well as mouse movement. So you don't even need to re-map any controller input in Hawken at all.

All you'd need to do is assign the thumb stick x+, x-, y+, and y- to the wasd keys. However, the mouse movement isn't as easy because the crosshair wont automatically move back to being level with the horizon, like most console FPS games do, when you let go of the thumb stick. I don't know of any possible way to get past this issue. Maybe a complicated macro software? But that's only a theory, if such software exists.

FYI: Try toggling the 'analog' input button in the middle of your PS2 controller if it isn't registering input in Hawken. Depending on the mapping, it might only work one way or the other.

Edited by WillyW, 27 March 2016 - 08:54 AM.

2XhpJes.png

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

simply maping the games input for GBA_StrafeRight (the D key) and others to the analog stick in the ini may let you get a awkward crapy analog stick position info rounded down to 4 bianary values losing movement fidelity bad unless the game is specificaly programed to allow analog movement its not worth it and considering the advantage that would give i doubt hawken does

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users