• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

The_Neuromancer

The_Neuromancer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello to everybody.

I am a new player to Hawken and I really enjoy the game, it brings so much good memories about Mech Warrior and gameplay is really smooth and dynamic. But there are few things that ruin the great impression a bit:

1. Any queue  aside from TDM takes forever. I've tried Siege and Deathmatch - 10 minutes of waiting and than I just abandoned the idea and went back to TDM. Inability to play certain game mods simply because there are not enough players to create a match  creates disturbing association with Battlefield: Hardline. Anyone familiar with the franchise remembers how it was. The game had many other flaws, but for me it was the lack of different game mods and repetitive playing on same maps / game mods that really killed the fun.

Perhaps it is possible to make other game mods aside TDM slightly more rewarding? Or introduce a daily bonus, like "First completed match in every mode grants +20% more exp / credits than usual"?

2. Fixed secondary gun with no choice makes it a little too predictable. While I understand that just unlocking the secondary slot and  allowing players to put whatever they like there is a bad idea overall, at least some flexibility would be nice.

It doesn't have to be different weaponry, but at least variations of the same weapon. For example:

Grenade launcher:

• Incendiary grenade - deals less damage, but  applies DOT that constantly damages target and slightly increases heat.
  • Cluster grenade - sacrifices damage for increased AOE, after initial explosion splits into 8 micro-grenades.
  • Mag-nade - instead of bouncing attaches on collision with surfaces or mechs, up to 4 of them can be placed at the same time, detonates after 10 seconds or on middle click.

TOW Rocket:

• AP shell, -30% splash damage, +30%  increased single target damage.
  • Barrage - replaces one rocket with 4, they fly slightly faster while, each doing 25% damage.
  • Beehive -  -30 splash damage, fires a shell impregnated with flechette darts that do reduced damage, but puncture the fuel tanks and cause fuel loss over short period of time.

This way we will be able to have some variations in the single class, allowing more in-depth customization, while keeping the secondary weapon balanced so classes still will have distinctive weaponry.

3. Add option to remove exclamation marks on demo-mechs. This is purely cosmetic, but highly irritating. While the advertisement of Meteor Credits in the game is non-intrusive and so far I don't feel that game forces  me to purchase them, the constant flashing exclamation marks  on demo kits just drives me insane. I understand that they are created so new players can experience different mechs early in the game to have idea about what each class do, but If  I don't want to purchase a mech? Maybe it can be dismissed and I am missing something?

Please just add " Dismiss"  or "Roger that" button, so players can acknowledge idea of demo-kits and stop the constant flashing.

InsaneBeast

InsaneBeast

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Totally agree with the first thing...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users