• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Mech Trap: An item that you fire at a mech and it locks it in place.

Not a spinning top, more like a rocket propelled pod (with a short proximity range) so that it only hits one mech, rather than having a blast radius.

It forms a bubble of energy around it that it can't shoot out of, but doesn't disable the mech.

This also means you cannot damage the mech by shooting at it from the outside.

They can spin on the spot and weapons are active. Yes they could Tow or Det themselves in the face.

Cannot squat repair, but out of combat regen can activate.

When the bubble dissolves the mech is immediately able to be fired at and return fire.

The concept is more of a mitigation for unbalanced fights. If you get ambushed by 2, you can trap one while you deal with the other.

If your teammate is getting wooped and about to die, you can trap them and they get a moments respite where you can potentially kill one or more of their attackers. If you are trying to escape to repair, you can trap a pursuer so you can escape or just squat and repair so you can fight them a moment later.

You find a hacker you get everyone on both teams to equip traps to troll them.

And just for giggles, troll your teammates by trapping them just as the start zone walls drop :tongue: :devil:

Whats not to love?

#HawkenNeedsMoreItems

Cheers,

6ixxer

Edited by 6ixxer, 05 May 2016 - 02:41 AM.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

And some I have mentioned elsewhere, but this seems like a good place to mention them for proper discussion.

Anti-Repair charge: Like a heat charge you lob it into an area and it creates area denial.

It can neutralize any orb in its radius, whether it is a death orb or a repair charge.

Mechs that attempt to repair in its radius by squat-repairing or pocket tech or out of combat regen, the repair is reduced by 50%? (can always increase it later)

Good for chucking in the AA to assist in ousting the defending team.

Radius should be about the same size as the inner part of the AA. if you throw it as far into the AA as possible your attaching team can repair at the edge of the AA, but the defending team would have the anti-repair zone encompass the area outside the AA so they have to move further away to repair.

Also good for breaking up fights at choke points, for nerfing an orblord or forcing a pocket tech to abandon healing in favour of vamping.

Redox charge: Like a heat charge that you lob into an area and it creates area denial

It pulses three waves of a redox energy that applies the same debuff as redox to any mech in its radius (doesn't stack with redox)

Like anti-repair charge, is good for using around AA or choke points. Toss it in, wait for it to finish 3 pulses, rush the point.

Also can be used if you are being pursued, can drop it in a narrow path and potentially give you that added boost to turn and fight them.

Sticky Turret: Doesn't deploy on the ground, you fire it at a wall/roof and it sticks there and deploys

Use item by launching it  in a straight line like Det. Turret has timed lifespan such as 20-30 sec, shorter effective range and slightly lower damage output compared to traditional Turret.

Get it to deploy in areas ahead of you for taking objectives, slowing/finishing fleeing mechs, preventing effective repairing, griefing a camping reaper/SS...

If you hit a mech with it, instead of deploying it does the same damage as destroying a Turret by stomping on it... which brings me to the next point...

MG Turret: Same as current, but destroying it by walking on it does 50 damage

Rocket Turret: Same as current, but destroying it by walking on it does 50 damage.

Turrets are too easy for experienced players or a cloaked Pred to squash. They should have to avoid it, shoot it, or take the stomp damage. I mean, squashing a rocket launcher under your foot *should* explode, at least a little.

• asipo likes this

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

I love the first idea, mainly because i got the pokemon theme stuck in my head and all i can think about is trying to catch them all

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Imagine if your team of 6 all had these and legit managed to trap the whole other team and screenshot while dropping Holos and Taunting!

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

I remember seeing folks getting bi-sected by the barricade item when it first came out. Happened to me twice in one game. Haven't seen it in a while so I don't know if that is still a bug or what not, however if it is and you got really good at throwing it you could use that as a mech trap. But again, I have no clue if that is still possible. It would be Damn funny if it is and you do pull it off though.

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Not a spinning top, more like a rocket propelled pod (with a short proximity range) so that it only hits one mech, rather than having a blast radius.

It forms a bubble of energy around it that it can't shoot out of, but doesn't disable the mech.

They can spin on the spot and weapons are active. Yes they could Tow or Det themselves in the face.

When the bubble dissolves the mech is immediately able to be fired at and return fire.

The concept is more of a mitigation for unbalanced fights. If you get ambushed by 2, you can trap one while you deal with the other.

If your teammate is getting wooped and about to die, you can trap them and they get a moments respite where you can potentially kill one or more of their attackers. If you are trying to escape to repair, you can trap a pursuer so you can escape or just squat and repair so you can fight them a moment later.

And just for giggles, troll your teammates by trapping them just as the start zone walls drop :tongue: :devil:

Whats not to love?

#HawkenNeedsMoreItems

Cheers,

6ixxer

Can i have some scout rush with that?

For real tho love that idea i  would use it when jumping pairs of two, OR vs tech + heavy TRAP THE HEAVY

Edited by Shade__, 05 May 2016 - 07:31 PM.

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Whats not to love?

#HawkenNeedsMoreItems

Cheers,

6ixxer

How to make aimbotters rage 2016. 

• Shade__ likes this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

How to make aimbotters rage 2016. 

YOU KNOW WHATS UP
giphy.gif

• DallasCreeper likes this

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

Texhnolyzing

Texhnolyzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I would love some form of stasis item that allows you to freeze a mech inside of an area but also makes it so they are immune to damage. It could also double as a way to stasis yourself so you could be immune to damage even though you can't shoot. I could see this working in cases where you are about to die but your team is running to save you. Buy yourself 5-10 seconds until your team comes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users