11 replies to this topic

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Pretty simple, really.

Instead of dumb-fire missiles without locking on, what if they were manually controlled? You can either lock-on with the middle mouse button, or you can shoot your missiles and have limited control of their direction once they are deployed (to the same extent as you would locking on). Or maybe it could be only implemented as an addition to the Rocketeer ability? You would drag your mouse in the direction you want the missiles to go. Manual detonation seems reasonable as well.

I think this would definitely make hellfire missiles be much more useful in a high-tier/competitive setting.

• DeeRax likes this

2XhpJes.png

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

well i would use rocketeer more if this gets in so i say

Spoiler

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Replace the current lock-on function with something similar to your suggestion.
Keep dumbfire as a thing, just make it better (somehow).

IMHO, dumbfire rocket shotgun should be the primary way to use hellfires, with some kind of manual guidance/lock-on capability/curved trajectory added only to assist the user in making cool trick shots around corners and stuff (In exchange for TOW's easy trajectory & manual detonation, GL's flexibility & manual det, corsair's 2 differing modes, etc.). Their current implementation is backwards and uncreative. With some re-working, they can easily be an elegant and (relatively) skill-based weapon, like most of the other secondaries (If a little powerful, comparatively, in the right hands; but what weapon isn't).

Edited by (TDM) DeeRax, 08 May 2016 - 10:41 AM.

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

You would drag your mouse in the direction you want the missiles to go.

Like Seeker does already? 

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Like Seeker does already? 

Seeker auto-tracks. Just point and click.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

You have to keep the crosshairs on target... don't you?  I don't use (edit) rocketeers

Edited by Lunatic, 07 May 2016 - 07:02 PM.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

You have to keep the crosshairs on target... don't you?  I don't use (edit) rocketeers

I wish it worked that way. 

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Nightfirebolt

Nightfirebolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Nope. As long as your crosshair is on target when you fire the seeker, it will track on its own.

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

did it? i thought seeker will sense mech nearby and go

so usually i lead my seeker and not pointing at enemies

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

What about adding a double click functionality where after you fire once you click your secondary again to redirect the rockets towards the spot your cursor falls on when you do so? You could wait for it to go past cover then click on the cover to direct it behind the cover and hopefully hit your target

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

What about adding a double click functionality where after you fire once you click your secondary again to redirect the rockets towards the spot your cursor falls on when you do so? You could wait for it to go past cover then click on the cover to direct it behind the cover and hopefully hit your target

That could work. Like double click and hold to control the missiles? I was thinking the best bet would be to add it to the Rocketeer ability, so that you can fire as normal in turret mode but with the manual control. The limited mobility would be an easy trade-off for greater control over your missiles, as well as auto lock-on.

2XhpJes.png

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

See, the issue with that idea still now that I've thought about it is it would still be terrible trying to hit targets in the air with them. What if lock-on functionality only worked on targets in the air? That could add a whole new aspect to area denial as to greatly reduce incentive to take to the air in firefights or skirmishes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users