• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Texhnolyzing

Texhnolyzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I'm trying to get set up for streaming, testing lots of different settings... But this just happened and it literally almost gave me a heart attack at 25 seconds into the stream/joining game in progress.

As a lesson to you all! Pay attention to who is in the game with you! xD

https://www.twitch.t...zing/v/71943961

*I apologize for the bad quality, 4 college students watching Netflix and then me streaming never goes well when we are also cheap on the internet plan.

Edited by Texhnolyzing, 11 June 2016 - 06:17 PM.

• ARCH3TYP3 likes this

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

BUT PLAYING WITH YOUR SOUND OFF GIVES YOU SIXTH SENSE HURR DURR

• OdinTheWise likes this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

Texhnolyzing

Texhnolyzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

I'm kinda blind and deaf already, so it may be just giving me a 4th sense or a 5th sense, more like 4.5th sense xD

I need to calibrate my extra senses with knowledge of what to feel for when the spidey senses go tingling, I was not at all aware of or even feeling for G2 raiders. >.<

Texhnolyzing

Texhnolyzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

How noticeable is a G2 raider sound wise??? (I haven't had sound on in 200 hours+ of game time, might need to turn it on and be amazed at all these new sounds)

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

How noticeable is a G2 raider sound wise??? (I haven't had sound on in 200 hours+ of game time, might need to turn it on and be amazed at all these new sounds)

G2 Raider ability shows up on radar.

In fact, in the VOD you linked, hestoned's dot is on your radar fully 4 seconds before he shoots you.

Edited by Hyginos, 12 June 2016 - 08:02 AM.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Texhnolyzing

Texhnolyzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

G2 Raider ability shows up on radar.

In fact, in the VOD you linked, hestoned's dot is on your radar fully 4 seconds before he shoots you.

I saw the Dot on the radar, it's why I jumped up to shoot at it, I just didn't know the dot was a G2 raider, thought it would be any other mech. I was talking more about a special way to differentiate who is a G2 from who isn't using sound.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I saw the Dot on the radar, it's why I jumped up to shoot at it, I just didn't know the dot was a G2 raider, thought it would be any other mech. I was talking more about a special way to differentiate who is a G2 from who isn't using sound.

T32 and Corsair both have unique sounds, which narrows it down to the two raider flavors. Looking at the scoreboard or the relatively slow motion of the dot eliminates the normal raider leaving only one possible mech.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

and the movement pattern of the battle turkey in blitz...  most will zig-zag to keep you enfiladed, not blitz in a straight line.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

The exact same thing happened to me last night in a DM. 

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Texhnolyzing

Texhnolyzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

The exact same thing happened to me last night in a DM. 

Isn't it always a scare? It's like one of those happy moments that instantly turned bad.

Texhnolyzing

Texhnolyzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

T32 and Corsair both have unique sounds, which narrows it down to the two raider flavors. Looking at the scoreboard or the relatively slow motion of the dot eliminates the normal raider leaving only one possible mech.

Well based on this information, I am going to go back to playing with sound, wish me luck. I have a bad case of ADD and get overwhelmed easily, so hopefully I don't explode.

Texhnolyzing

Texhnolyzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

and the movement pattern of the battle turkey in blitz...  most will zig-zag to keep you enfiladed, not blitz in a straight line.

It's like the running from monkeys thing, except it ends up hypnotizing me until I'm dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users