• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Some users need to bind the boost or dodge to single keys for gamepads or joysticks. It's possible to rebind these actions to single keys but only via editing the config files. Credit goes to shosca for posting it on the former forums:

I've done it. Disabled shift+s and mapped x to quick 180.

Search for GBA_Backward in HawkenInput.ini file and you should find lines that start with:
Bindings=(Name="S",Command="GBA_Backward" .....

Make sure this line has bIgnoreShift=True, if its missing add it like:
Bindings=(Name="S",Command="GBA_Backward",bIgnoreShift=True)

if it is set to False make it True.

Now create a copy of this line right there and replace "S" with "X" and replace Command with  "GBA_Boost | GBA_Backward". This will bind X to quick 180 without shift. Make sure there are no other lines that start with:
Bindings=(Name="X"... within the config section.

You can also bind left and right dodges like this to individual keys if you want to.

• HorseHeadProphet, Amidatelion and DemitronPrime like this

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

You know ReEvolve, I've missed you. I just wanted to let you know that. And thanks for this. Hopefully it'll help with my constant need to turn my back to my enemy mid-rocket volley.

• ReEvolve likes this

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Right, so I'm trying to get this to work and it doesn't seem to be taking effect in game. Nor is it breaking anything, so I'm pretty sure I'm either in the wrong area, not doing something right, or any number of other things.

So, I go through the documents folder to get to the Hawken files, find the HawkenInput.ini, and open that up. (If that sounds right, then I'm in the right area.)

I then find the line Name="S",Command="GBA_Backward", and edit that to have the bIgnoreShift=True to be added on the end of it. (If yes, then did that.)

I finally create a copy of that line, and put that copy in the series beneath it, change S to X, (after setting whatever actorpicker to a different key), and set the X button's command to be *command="GBA_Boost | GBA_Backward",bIgnoreShift=True"*.

If everything I've done sounds right, then I couldn't get this to work, or really change anything in-game. (I only tried exploring maps, I didn't want to jump into a round and not be able to move backwards.)

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

I'd really love some info on this if I could get it.

ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

I'd really love some info on this if I could get it.

Hm, I managed to get it to work before. I'll try doing it again later today.

Killsum

Killsum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi, I have rebind Spacebar to Boost / Dodge and Shift to Hover. This works well for me, however I still regularly do an 180 turn suddenly while moving / dodging so that gets me killed a lot when it happens in the middle of a fight.

I could not find a bIgnoreSpacebar value so can you tell me what I have to do to disable Spacebar-S to do an 180 turn? And how do I rebind the 180 turn to X?

Thanks.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

shift is a modifier key and space is a character input key as such there are only so many  keys you can send at one time, modifier keys dont input a character they only change how another key inputs its character so you can press them all day and not have a rollover (look up n-key rollover keyboards) as compared to character keys like space you can only press 3 at one time, some usb keyboards add n-key rollover to fix this but they are pricey, the cheap and best option price/performance wise  is an oldschool ps/2 mini din plug (little round purple plug) this keyboard is far superior to usb keyboards performance wise in many ways i wont go into detail but this could be why you have issues with using space as your hover

Zimduo

Zimduo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Going to try this because most times in a fire fight my dodge is delayed because of my silly pinkie finger not doing its job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users