• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Thought I'd share a mech idea I had been turning over for a while with the recent console announcement and all. I have a few other ideas as well, but this one felt the most fleshed out. It's really just a culmination of several ideas I've had, so it features more unique features than needed for one mech. I'm not completely confident about it not being overpowered.

Here it is, hope you guys like it:

FENCER

A-Class, Support/Dueler, Very Short-Range

ARMOR - 295

FUEL TANK - 135 L

BOOST SPEED - 40 m/s

FUEL REGEN - 7 L/s

GROUND SPEED - 18 m/s

AIR SPEED - 29

RADAR - 90 m

OVERHEATING - 4 s

DODGING - .85 s

ABILITY

[En Garde] Projects barrier panels that completely cover the front of its body, dramatically reducing all damage taken from the front/top/sides/bottom above a certain threshold (a tow would do negligible damage but a submachine cannon would do a good amount). Self-Damage is reduced by half. Depth of view is reduced to a similar range as a Predator in Stalker Mode (imagine everything further being a light-blue haze, making a kind of 'arena'). Duration is similar to the Infiltrator's Camouflage ability in that it is determined by fuel (though the concept is that this mech's ability would last longer than an Infiltrator's by having more fuel). Cool-down is 20 seconds.

SECONDARY

[LN-G3] A large jackhammer that pierces armor at close range dealing tremendous damage (think of a MIRV). Extend distance is about 1 mech space. Penetrates thin walls/shields/barriers/other mechs. Cool-down is about 2 seconds. No self-damage.

PRIMARY

[FOL-7] A cannon that fires a single high velocity bolt (deals similar damage to a charged Breacher) that is not detectable on enemy radar (which means your enemy doesn't see that damage/direction indicator). Close-range, damage falls off at longer distances. Cool-down is 1 second.

ALTERNATE PRIMARY

[EP-A] A cannon that fires a single high velocity penetrating bolt that can pierce multiple enemies or shields/barriers (similar damage to a T32-Bolt). Can be charged to increase damage and penetration distance (charged damage is still substantial mid-range after penetration). Cool-down is 2 seconds.

PRESTIGE

[SAB-R] A modified heat cannon that fires multiple smaller projectiles in a sweeping/fan motion (the total damage output is similar to an EOC Repeater’s direct hit). Can be charged to dramatically decrease projectile velocity and increase splash radius. Cool-down is the same as a Heat Cannon.

---------------

ITEMS

Cloaking panel - a barrier that cloaks both ways.

Flare - a low-velocity projectile that emits a heat signature similar to a mech (it shows up on the radar like a boosting mech and maybe it can be used against hellfires).

Jump pad - a one time use platform that propels a mech upwards

Also, an internal I've been thinking about that might end up just being another mech idea's passive:

Heat Supressor - after being out of combat for 15 seconds, boosting does not reveal you on enemy radar

---------------

If you liked this mech or these ideas, I'll share some more in the future.

A few rough mech concepts are:

HOWLER - a C-class that separates a heavy artillery compartment and transforms into an A-class.

HUNTER - an A-class stealth mech that pings areas to detect enemies and increases its movement speed when an enemy is detected and/or nearby.

PATROLER - a B-class mech that can attack around corners. Ability is to scope in with heat vision.

Thanks.

What the Heca-

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

My main issue with the mech suggested was that it would be brokenly good on prosk, uptown, and origin, and useless on bazar, bunker, and probably frontline, the range of its secondary is seriously limiting. in an effort to make it viable its broken close and useless against anything faster than it or at greater range than its secondary range.

• Hecatoncheires likes this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

I think the G2 Raider can one-shot it. Reloaded pls. 

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

As far as melee mech concepts go, this one isn't terrible.
Except all the going through shields and stuff on every weapon is kinda cheesy, TBH. I mean, I get the theme and all, but... It's a bit much.

IMO, I still have to say "no" to 'tru melee' in HAWKEN; The raiders are the only "melee" mechs we need & deserve.

Edited by (TDM) DeeRax, 14 June 2016 - 08:06 AM.

• Hecatoncheires likes this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

My main issue with the mech suggested was that it would be brokenly good on prosk, uptown, and origin, and useless on bazar, bunker, and probably frontline, the range of its secondary is seriously limiting. in an effort to make it viable its broken close and useless against anything faster than it or at greater range than its secondary range.

My solution to its weakness at long/mid range was its ability. Since most A-class mechs tend to rely on burst damage, having the shield up would allow all damage it takes to be sustain for a period of time (other than if it were to be attacked from behind). For the secondary, the trade-off I intended was a shorter and limited range compared to the corsair, but with a faster cool-down and the ability to penetrate defenses effectively. The reason was because i saw this as a mech that would be meant for dueling rather than assassination.

For being broken up close, I feel like most of it is because of my choice in damage output. I decided on the damage of the secondary being similar to a MIRV because of the limited range, but perhaps lowering it to the damage of a tow rocket and maybe lowering the cool-down a bit more would make it better.

I did have a previous iteration of the weapon that was similar to a close-ranged tow, but I felt like it was out of place and uninteresting.

As far as melee mech concepts go, this one isn't terrible.
Except all the going through shields and stuff on every weapon is kinda cheesy, TBH. I mean, I get the theme and all, but... It's a bit much.

IMO, I still have to say "no" to 'tru melee' in HAWKEN; The raiders are the only "melee" mechs we need & deserve.

The reason i added the ability to penetrate shields/barriers/etc is because of the mech's great weakness without its ability compared to other mechs. I was thinking it would be interesting for it to be able to utilize walls, barriers, and shields much better than other mechs to compensate. And only the alternate primary and the secondary have the capability, with only the secondary being able to penetrate walls.

I think there is still potential for 'tru melee' in Hawken, since I find myself dying from self-damage more than anything else.

What the Heca-

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

I gotcha..

Like I said, as far as ideas for melee mechs go, this one is prolly the classiest so far.

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I gotcha..

Like I said, as far as ideas for melee mechs go, this one is prolly the classiest so far.

Thanks

What the Heca-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users