• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

If you don't want to put in your login credentials everytime you start Hawken then you should be pleased to hear that there are alternatives!

Using the automated Login with Hawken

You can put your login credentials into the launch paramters via Steam. It will let you login automatically when you start the game. There is a drawback though: if you input your login credentials as launch parameters then they will be saved without being obscured or encrypted in any way. That's not safe and shouldn't be done if you use the same password anywhere else.

1. Open your Steam Libary
  2. Right-click on Hawken and select "Properties"
  3. Click on "Set Launch Options"
  4. Type  the following parameters into the text field:
    -login="YOUREMAIL" -password="YOURPASSWORD" 
  5. Click on "OK"

Credit goes to Vdragon for posting the original guide for using the automated login on the former forums.

Using password safe programs with Hawken

Password safe programs usually have an "auto-type" function. This function can be used to input the login credentials so you don't have to type them manually each time you want to play. This method usually only works if Hawken is running in windowed or borderless windowed mode. Here is an explanation using KeePass (the same method should work with other password safe programs as well):

1. Launch KeePass
  2. Launch Hawken
  3. Use alt+tab to switch over to KeePass while you are on Hawken's login screen
  4. In KeePass, add an entry for Hawken
  5. Under "Auto-Type" (fourth tab), select "Enable auto-type for this entry"
  6. Select "Override default sequence"
  7. Select the edit button for the sequence. The sequence should be "{PASSWORD}{TAB}{ENTER}"
  8. Under "Use custom sequences for specific windows:" select "Add"
  9. A new window will appear. Hit the "Target Window" dropdown and select your Hawken window
  10. Leave "Use default keystroke sequence" checked and hit "OK"
  11. Hit "OK" again and save your changes to the database

Now, the next time you log into Hawken, rather than remembering your password, and rather than copy/paste, you'll select your Hawken credentials in KeePass and hit "Ctrl-V" (or right click and select "Perform Autio-Type").

Credit goes to WookieWizard for posting the original guide for using KeePass with Hawken on the Steam forums.

Edited by ReEvolve, 28 March 2015 - 04:49 PM.

• Amidatelion and Molasses_Jack like this

Trigary

Trigary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Thanks! Is there a way to skip the moovies, too? I could delete them, but I don't want to do that.

ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Thanks! Is there a way to skip the moovies, too? I could delete them, but I don't want to do that.

You can disable the startup movies via the editing config or via adding a specific launch parameter. There's a guide on Steam for editing the config and here's how you can add that specific launch parameter:

4. Add the following parameter in the text field:
    -nomoviestartup
  5. Click on "OK"

• nepacaka and gopherAnime like this

spo0n

spo0n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

You can disable the startup movies via the editing config or via adding a specific launch parameter. There's a guide on Steam for editing the config and here's how you can add that specific launch parameter:

4. Add the following parameter in the text field:
    -nomoviestartup
  5. Click on "OK"

Does this method no longer cause sound to drop on map loading sometimes?

Not only that, but this method is not even present in the guide you linked to.

Here is solution one from the steam guide.  This is the method I use, sometimes the cfg files reset but it's not too bad.

Navigate to:

[Root Directory (ie. "C:']\Users\***********\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config

And, using notepad, open:

HawkenEngine.ini (make a back-up just in case)

Now look for the lines under [FullScreenMovie] : 

StartupMovies=Splash_legal

StartupMovies=Splash_nVidia

StartupMovies=Splash_meteor

StartupMovies=Spash_adhesive

StartupMovies=Splash_hawken

StartupMovies=Splash_loading

SkippableMovies=Splash_nVidia

SkippableMovies=Splash_meteor

SkippableMovies=Spash_adhesive

SkippableMovies=Splash_hawken

Delete them and hit "Save"

Now fire up Hawken without having to see the intro videos again.

ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Does this method no longer cause sound to drop on map loading sometimes?

The parameter method that I posted is not the "method that causes sound to drop on map loading".

The method that can cause sound to drop on map loading is when you set "bForceNoMovies" to true in the config.

Not only that, but this method is not even present in the guide you linked to.

Well, uh, it's not my fault that it wasn't included. :tongue:

Trigary

Trigary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Thanks again!

spo0n

spo0n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

The parameter method that I posted is not the "method that causes sound to drop on map loading".

The method that can cause sound to drop on map loading is when you set "bForceNoMovies" to true in the config.

Well, uh, it's not my fault that it wasn't included. :tongue:

I was sure they both did so.  My bad.

Well, this method is easier, so if cfgs reset again I'll try it  :pirate:

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

I just delete the intro movies. EZ.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

I just delete the intro movies. EZ.

Yes, this works too.

Browse to "SteamApps\common\Hawken\HawkenGame\Movies" and delete or rename the "Splash_adhesive", "Splash_hawken", "Splash_legal", "Splash_meteor", "Splash_nVidia" .bik files.

Don't remove "Splash_loading" though, else there might be problems with loading screens ingame.

(It will freeze after carousel when attempting to load a new map).

Treat them with honour, my Brothers.

Not because they will bring us victory this day,

but because their fate will one day be ours.

MrLolendo

MrLolendo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

auto login is not working for me.

hendman

hendman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

There is yet another way to avoid having to manually login everytime you start the game.

Create a shortcut to the hawken exe-file (hawkengame-win32-shipping.exe in the steam folders). and then add the -login="Youremail" -password="Yourpassword" sequence to the command line of the shortcut. (RIghtclick the shortcut, select properties, add to the command line in the target box.)

As a bonus this method also doesn't require steam to be running. Only when hawken needs to be updated you need to open steam.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

sounds iffy wether or not steam would allow using our own shortcuts or other  launching scripts as they want us to watch them ads and all that buti could make a special little app that sits somewhere not suspicious that clicking it toggles encrypt/decrypt the credentials stored in the steam cfg far as i know there is no rules against  editing inis or any other file while game is not running

easier to tell you how, just google up a tutorial on substring in php or your fav code language, make a codepage that simply does what the tutorial does teaching you to manipulate strings programaticaly, with built in hashing tools and optional pseudo random num generator, you could go from novice wanabe coder to coding your own hawken security wrapper 

ps wrappers that execute the code on the hawken cfg will do its job (encrypt/decrypt) then closewhilst executing game with decrypted arguments so i am BETTING that is not considered third party hacking as any ini file people legaly edit  gets  resaved, restructured rebuilt by anyones existing txt editor so i doubt there is a single difference

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, 16 September 2015 - 07:44 PM.

Asmider

Asmider

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi there! Just wanted to confirm, since the overhaul update. I'm having the dreaded 5D error login code. I've been doing multiple things some days I can log in others I can't. This is one of those days and I suspect it has something to do with the login.. For the Password and Email startup options do we include the "  " ??
Thank you, been playing xbox and pc new update is amazing!!! Thank you so much dev team please don't take notice of all the whinners who dont understand how a major update can be so insane!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users