- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SSSS

SSSS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hard-coded dead zones on the thumb sticks of game pads... The sticks on game pads of last-gen consoles were crap, so the devs had to code pretty big dead zones into their games (otherwise worn/old sticks would start drifting). In comparison, the sticks on current-gen game pads are much better than the old ones = devs (sadly not all devs) code smaller dead zones into their games.

Some examples:
The Last Of Us on PS3 and PS4 = same dead zones

Uncharted 2 on PS3 and PS4 = smaller dead zones on the remastered PS4 release

MGS5 on PC and PS4 = smaller dead zones on the PS4 release (all PC games still use the "old-gen dead zones" due to xinout and the Xbox 360 controller standard)

RLD, please, for your own sake, give Hawken on consoles smaller dead zones with a higher sensitivity near the middle. It's at least 3 times easier to aim with smaller dead zones than the "default" dead zones most old-gen and PC games have. I'm not even exaggerating

The more precise mechanics is something we can thank Sony for as the new controller has a dead zone with the analogue sticks that is 20 times smaller than with DualShock 3 and PlayStation 3. The latency between controller and game is much shorter, which makes for a sense of more direct and immediate response

- Michiel van der Leeuw from Guerilla Games

Personally, I don't plan on "maining" the PS4 version but I'm going to try it out for 1-2 hours. Small dead zones are important... Don't fuzzy bunny this up.

• XPloyt likes this

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

snip

Or be like XPloyt with no dead zones at all XD.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

SSSS

SSSS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Welp, the game uses the same dead zones and sensitivities as xinput on PC and the last-gen consoles... Sigh... The aiming sucks really hard, especially after playing games like Uncharted 4.

Or be like XPloyt with no dead zones at all XD.

Drifting is pretty much guaranteed without a small dead zone.

Edited by SSSS, 08 July 2016 - 08:00 AM.

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

i just got done playing ps4 version and i had a pretty bad time with the lack of other controller configurations seeing that the triggers should be boosters and the bumpers be for guns since movement is more fluid from there.

i dunno i just got through the tutorial feeling like i played stepmania on way too hard 

plz i just want to be able to use proper fingers for things, like moving and shooting

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users