• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Yes, I already posted that on the last forum (probably in a different way, need to rewrite the whole stuff again ...)

Scorpion (A-Class)

The Scorpion is an A-Class mech which is specialized on stealthed actions and is capable of moving through the battlefield without being noticed if used properly.

Its main purpose is to flank hostile mechs while staying undetected. 

Due to the advanced stealth technology, the Scorpion can shoot and boost without leaving a radar signature.

Special Ability (Stealth):

The Scorpion's special ability allows it to boost, shoot and dodge without leaving a radar signature. Additionally, the Scorpion will not appear on the Predator's vision if enough distance is kept between them (still appears through walls when being close enough).

The scanner will also not be able to track the Scorpion with its ability active.

Once the ability is activated, heat will build up slowly and the stealth will break either if it is deactivated manually or if the mech simply overheats. Shooting will, ofcourse, generate the same amount of heat.

Primary Weapons:

In its standart version, the Scorpion comes with the Hawkins-RPR as a primary weapon. 

The pilot can also chose the alternative weapon, which is the Breacher

For experienced pilots, the Heat-Cannon is a good choice for a mixture of a decent burst combo while maitnaining a good amount of pressure.

Secondary Weapon (XS-Sizzler):

The XS-Sizzler is a uncommon, high accuracy weapon which has the ability to choose between two types of ammunition (aka two modes). 

Unlike other secondary weapons, the XS-Sizzler shoots twice with a delay of 0.3 seconds to the first shot.

When preparing for an ambush, the highly energized projectile ammunition is the best for the maximum damage output.

Upon impact on an enemy mech, the mech will suffer a shock first (around 30 HP damage, remember that the XS-Sizzler shoots twice) and after that, the energy contained by the projectile(s) is released after 0.5 seconds* which deals another 30 HP damage over 2 seconds. The energy damage is increased by 10 if the target is already energized (does apply for multiple Scorpions targeting one enemy mech and to mechs affected by EMP).

Secondly, a H.E. ammunition can be loaded to create an explosion upon impact on terrain or mechs (the explosion radius should be more or less the same as the charged Heat-Cannon shot). 

The explosion(s) deal up to 55 HP damage each, adds up to a total of 110 if both projectiles successfully hit.

*So it prevents the second shot to deal the extra 10 HP damage if the target is hit unenergized.

Spoiler

Items:

Besides the XS-Sizzler, the Scorpion is equipped with an EMP MK-I to energize its targets.

Additional Equipment:

In another thread, I suggested an internal, which also reduces your radar signature. This internal is called Silator.

The basic/advanced/"normal" Silator decreases your radar signature range by 15%/30%/50%. Radar signatures in the effective area of the Scanner remains unchanged.

This would add some additional stealth ability to any mech but the Scorpion also has its ability. However, this makes the Scorpion not that powerful if other mechs have also the possibility to commit stealth attacks, though not as effective as the Scorpion.

Armor, Speed and other Stats:

Armor: 335

Fuel Tank: 84 L

Boost Speed: 36.35 m/s

Fuel regeneration: 11.4 L/s

Ground Speed: 19.0 m/s

Air Speed: 23 m/s

Radar range: 140m

Overheating: 6 s

Dodge recovery time: 1s

Tell me what you think of this mech, wheather it is OP or not, just the idea. Balance and stuff can still be adjusted later.

And ask questions if anything is unclear.

Greetings! :]

PS: Sorry for spelling/typos and grammar mistakes.

Edited by FakeName, 05 July 2015 - 12:02 PM.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Not saying it wont be useful but wouldn't having a modified Predetor or extra utilties for it be more fitting?

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Not saying it wont be useful but wouldn't having a modified Predetor or extra utilties for it be more fitting?

I just say G2

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Wouldn't it be better served to have the breacher remain a Predator exclusive weapon? Maybe give it something a little less accuracy focused, since it already has both the RPR and Heater, maybe give it a close quarters weapon?

Edited by Brawler_Yukon, 29 March 2015 - 02:38 PM.

This is a signature, revel in its glory.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Wouldn't it be better served to have the breacher remain a Predator exclusive weapon? Maybe give it something a little less accuracy focused, since it already has both the RPR and Heater, maybe give it a close quarters weapon?

Hm, what would you think of? (But please no kind of Flak/Shotgun). Maybe a new weapon? Though I didn't want to create the whole stuff completely new, since it will be harder/take more time to write then.

However, what close combat weapon would you like? A burst weapon or a sustained one? Or maybe something in between?

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Hm, what would you think of? (But please no kind of Flak/Shotgun). Maybe a new weapon? Though I didn't want to create the whole stuff completely new, since it will be harder/take more time to write then.

However, what close combat weapon would you like? A burst weapon or a sustained one? Or maybe something in between?

Well if your original wanting was the breacher you could technically do a kind of breacher-xt, and make it the RPR of the breacher, making it charge faster but do less base damage. Like how the the G2 weapons work? Maybe?

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Well if your original wanting was the breacher you could technically do a kind of breacher-xt, and make it the RPR of the breacher, making it charge faster but do less base damage. Like how the the G2 weapons work? Maybe?

I would not like to see another copy or weaker version of a weapon just because it is an A class. 

So I came up with this:

Harpoon:

The Harpoon first deals 60 HP damage on hit and will add up to 60 addtional HP of damage through electric impulses if the target does not break the rope (just dodge behind a wall and the rope cuts). 

Impulse damage: 20 HP damage every 0.67 seconds.

During the time connected to a mech, both can't increase distance between eachother.

Press fire mechanism again to pull back the harpoon and deal 10 HP of damage.

Edited by FakeName, 01 April 2015 - 04:05 AM.

• Benrefle, Meraple and Liederkranz like this

Benrefle

Benrefle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I would not like to see another copy or weaker version of a weapon just because it is an A class. 

So I came up with this:

Harpoon:

The Harpoon first deals 60 HP damage on hit and will add up to 60 addtional HP of damage through electric impulses if the target does not break the rope (just dodge behind a wall and the rope cuts). 

Impulse damage: 20 HP damage every 0.67 seconds.

During the time connected to a mech, both can't increase distance between eachother.

Press fire mechanism again to pull back the harpoon and deal 10 HP of damage.

It would be better if the Harpoon also had a tracking ability that allow enemymech to be showed on friendly pllayer HUD for a few seconds after shot  by that weapon, making it more suitable to support.

Edited by Benrefle, 01 April 2015 - 05:55 AM.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

It would be better if the Harpoon also had a tracking ability that allow enemymech to be showed on friendly pllayer HUD for a few seconds after shot  by that weapon, making it more suitable to support.

You know, if an enemy is in your sight (dispalyed on your HUD) it will automatically be shared on your teammate's radar (Does not apply for cloaked mechs). And you won't hit unless you don't see your enemy.

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

I like the sound of it.  The XS-Sizzler sounds really interesting for sure, the Harpoon.... that one not so much.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Why not the Harpoon? I always wanted to have one in atleast one shooter haha.

Scow2

Scow2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Wouldn't it be better served to have the breacher remain a Predator exclusive weapon? 

No. I think all the weapons should be spread out more.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

No. I think all the weapons should be spread out more.

Yes I can only support that, atleast the latest implemented wepaons. The Assault Rifle and Vulcan, etc. are pretty standart just like the EOC and Heat-Cannon but how about AM-Sar, Breacher and stuff? 

Additionally, you would have only two choices when making a new mech:

1. Add wide spread wepaons to the mech (AR, SMC, Vulcan, etc.) which makes the mech way less unique.

2. Invent a new weapon which takes more time and resources.

So adding 'rare' weapons to new mechs is actually the easiest way to do it.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

heat management is already very hard so adding an ability that uses heat instead would be very better and alot original

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Actually. Why make weapons less distinct? This is the problem I have with all the TOW Mechs is that 90% of them have the EXACT same loadout for weapons. Why not making a scorpions sting weapon that "poisons" the enemy mech, dealing slight damage but slowing them down by 15% and draining their fuel at a rate of 1Lps?

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
This looks pretty legit...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Actually. Why make weapons less distinct? This is the problem I have with all the TOW Mechs is that 90% of them have the EXACT same loadout for weapons. Why not making a scorpions sting weapon that "poisons" the enemy mech, dealing slight damage but slowing them down by 15% and draining their fuel at a rate of 1Lps?

I don't want any kind of CC in this game. Also, the 'poison' is the energized damage it deals with the XS-Sizzler. It deals DoT which increases if the target is already 'poisoned'.

What is poison for mechs you ask? Emp.

Additionally, take a look at the Harpoon if you did not yet.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

heat management is already very hard so adding an ability that uses heat instead would be very better and alot original

eb6.jpg?1307463786

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users