Button remapping

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

(Xbox)Bubba XBL

(Xbox)Bubba XBL

• Xbox Members
  • 1 posts
Left shoulder for boost just feels unnatural to me. Would love to be about to remap controls.

(Xbox)AvalancheW0lf

(Xbox)AvalancheW0lf

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 36 posts

Indeed this would be a wonderful thing to put in place 

~A lonewolf will never live in this harsh world~

But don't fear join me as we kill as a pack not a lonewolf

https://www.twitch.tv/avalanchewolf

LadyTiggs

LadyTiggs

Super Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

We're hoping to have key remapping and / or more preset configurations. 

~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Having an XB1 Elite would solve this problem if I'm not mistaken. There's an app that allows for remapping of the buttons.

en-INTL-PDP0-XboxOne-Himalaya-Console-Bu

It's an awesome controller compared to the Scuf 360 I used previously...to play on the PC, to compete with the very best!

Seriously though, it's a very good, if not, superior, alternative.

(Xbox)HalcyonQuagmire

(Xbox)HalcyonQuagmire

• Xbox Members
  • 25 posts

Having an XB1 Elite would solve this problem if I'm not mistaken. There's an app that allows for remapping of the buttons.

en-INTL-PDP0-XboxOne-Himalaya-Console-Bu

It's an awesome controller compared to the Scuf 360 I used previously...to play on the PC, to compete with the very best!

Seriously though, it's a very good, if not, superior, alternative.

Buying a better controller is not an adequate solution. I've always held the belief that the HEAT is the best weapon in the game and now I'm just playing scout and laughing at these console players. Still miss my flak scout though.

Edited by (Xbox)HalcyonQuagmire, 01 July 2016 - 06:12 PM.

• (Xbox)renegade2k likes this

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Buying a better controller is not an adequate solution. I've always held the belief that the HEAT is the best weapon in the game and now I'm just playing scout and laughing at these console players. Still miss my flak scout though.

I think it's great you have a favorite weapon, and no points to make.

(Xbox)HalcyonQuagmire

(Xbox)HalcyonQuagmire

• Xbox Members
  • 25 posts

I think it's great you have a favorite weapon, and no points to make.

What points can I make? The console version has no options.

I also find the current button configuration lacking. I would much rather have pushed in left thumb be vertical thrust instead of one of the triggers.

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

What points can I make? The console version has no options.

I also find the current button configuration lacking. I would much rather have pushed in left thumb be vertical thrust instead of one of the triggers.

While I understand it is not acceptable in this day and age to not have customizable controller schemes, I was asserting that, there are options:

(Xbox)B4SK3T C4S3

(Xbox)B4SK3T C4S3

• Xbox Members
  • 1 posts
You can remap any controller with the button remapping app according to Microsoft. I agree it should still be an option in game though.

(Xbox)AnOlderGamer

(Xbox)AnOlderGamer

• Xbox Members
  • 2 posts

XBO gamepad is so bad that an over priced Eilte pad looks good.

hmm, wonder what is wrong with that picture.

But yes in game remapping would be great.

And dude stop trying to sell the Elite, using it doesn't make you elite just foolish for throwing m$ another 150. XBO should have a better standard pad. A decent pad shouldn' be extra.

(Xbox)WEREWOLF 762x39

(Xbox)WEREWOLF 762x39

• Xbox Members
  • 8 posts
Just make the option available in game please. I play WoT everyday and I don't want to change my controller settings whenever I switch games.

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

XBO gamepad is so bad that an over priced Eilte pad looks good.

hmm, wonder what is wrong with that picture.

More options?

And dude stop trying to sell the Elite, using it doesn't make you elite just foolish for throwing m$ another 150. XBO should have a better standard pad. A decent pad shouldn' be extra.

"Customization is foolish and overpriced" Thanks for letting us know, first-hand. To each their own.

Even when remapping makes it's way into the new version of the game, the back paddles and longer and convex joystick have made a difference in my gameplay, so I'm actually promoting options that work better.

Wait until people get their keyboard and mouse working. You'll be back, spouting "foolish", or something non-sequitur.

Edited by X-Ployt, 02 July 2016 - 07:45 AM.

(Xbox)XGC DeadlyOne

(Xbox)XGC DeadlyOne

• Xbox Members
  • 8 posts

All xbox controllers can be remapped in the xbox settings> controller settings. Good luck guys and enjoy 

• XPloyt likes this

(Xbox)AvalancheW0lf

(Xbox)AvalancheW0lf

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 36 posts

@XGC: Agreed but still this should be a in-game option for a game such as this. (A link would of been nice for future reference) 

@X-Ployt: Agreed and it is a valid work around (Plus it is the best controller on the market ive tried) 

@AnOlderGamer: As for your "pad" comment i don't know why a game-pad is important you dont use them anymore, am not going to list the differences of the standard vs elite but you haven't looked into them, please do research before you comment, and calling ppl foolish for spending there money they earn is rude. By the way your foolish for spending money on a video game console. (See your foolish to people who dont like video games) Please grow up if your going to post on forums.

How to customize a standard XboxOne wireless Controller: //support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/customize-standard-controller-with-accessories-app

@lady tiggs Cool is glad to see you guys are looking into expanding the game

• XPloyt, (Xbox)TheEnigmaShew and (Xbox)LordJim47 like this

~A lonewolf will never live in this harsh world~

But don't fear join me as we kill as a pack not a lonewolf

https://www.twitch.tv/avalanchewolf

(Xbox)Yorgoth LoG

(Xbox)Yorgoth LoG

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 52 posts

I'd like to be able to have varying sensitivities per mech, since its very hard using a sniper mech compared to something like incinerator where you spam heat blasts which have splash damage. Jankey controls don't help :P

Incinerator + Berzerker = Bae

(Xbox)TheEnigmaShew

(Xbox)TheEnigmaShew

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 56 posts

The remapping also went live for the regular controller a few months back, dl the accessories app from the storefront on your xbox and remap away.

XBox Ambassador, Desert Storm Veteran, Founder Enigma Gaming a club dedicated to gaming ethics and promoting co-op gameplay.

Clan [EV] Enigma Vanguard

(Xbox)Rook Razgriz

(Xbox)Rook Razgriz

• Xbox Members
  • 10 posts

We're hoping to have key remapping and / or more preset configurations. 

As mentioned please consider individual mech control layouts and sensitivities. It would be really nice to assign a toggle instead of hold option for boost and weapon fire as well.

(Xbox)phed thc

(Xbox)phed thc

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 37 posts
Remapping is needed so bad,this game is killing my fingers
  • (Xbox)renegade2k likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users