Photo

Close but you missed the mark ( everything this game needs to address before community dies on console)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

(Xbox)ocktos

(Xbox)ocktos

• Xbox Members
  • 16 posts
First off its a fun game but has no depth and won't hold out or keep players wanting more.

Heres a list of the things I and probably most of the console community feel needs or added soon, before your gamers leave.

1- so I know its been brought up before but console gamers need customization, today's age console gamers need unlocks they need progression/ customiaztion. Even world of tanks on consoles allows some customization. I love playing your game but after I buy a mech what's the point of me getting ranks for it? It gives the gamer no unlocks or meaningful rewards... Bonus weapons or customization needs to be re-added to mechs

2- the party system, ok well its works but not in the auto queue.. So I can forgive that I have no problem searching manuelly to get a server, but the problem is the auto balancing doesn't take into account party members. I get that you don't want pub smashing but that's what console are about, we console gamers want quick easy match's to play with our friends. All console games that provide that on a bare minimum level do decently. Why do I wanna play this game in a party if none of my friends will be on my team,
So with that players cant enjoy it as much killing the very people.they want to work as a team with.

If those two things can be addressed sooner before later this game could have a home on console just like world of tanks, etc

Thank you for your time and keep up the good work. Like I said before I don't want to bash or be rude to a game that's got potentional.

(Xbox)TheEnigmaShew

(Xbox)TheEnigmaShew

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 56 posts

Not sure how far you have advanced any mech in it's ranks but they do indeed have custom pieces in the cosmetic area that get unlocked as you advance your mech toward elite status plus getting there allows the purchase of G2 mech of same type with upgraded armor, movement, dps and extra charges available for purchase of your items, and internals.

XBox Ambassador, Desert Storm Veteran, Founder Enigma Gaming a club dedicated to gaming ethics and promoting co-op gameplay.

Clan [EV] Enigma Vanguard

(Xbox)ocktos

(Xbox)ocktos

• Xbox Members
  • 16 posts
Ok, I know what your getting at but. Here's the thing the website states you can customize your internals and weapons from a preset, even the gear head poster girl pops up on the side of your screen stating this.

So now your like oh cool let me max rank my mech to show off I put time and effort into it, opps took me about 10 minutes to see that even the game lied to me.

Ok so you get cosmetic unlocks that look identical to the original design, or you get nothing at all like the maruarder gets nothing.

By the way I have maxed a few and only the vanguard has given me cosmetics out of the ones I've maxed. Vanguard/ maruarder are my maxed mechs

Please don't take it as I'm trying to bash the game, I love it I miss this genre but you need to grab a larger target then just a select 1000 players today's gamers want meaningful progression

(Xbox)ocktos

(Xbox)ocktos

• Xbox Members
  • 16 posts
Ok, I know what your getting at but. Here's the thing the website states you can customize your internals and weapons from a preset, even the gear head poster girl pops up on the side of your screen stating this.

So now your like oh cool let me max rank my mech to show off I put time and effort into it, opps took me about 10 minutes to see that even the game lied to me.

Ok so you get cosmetic unlocks that look identical to the original design, or you get nothing at all like the maruarder gets nothing.

By the way I have maxed a few and only the vanguard has given me cosmetics out of the ones I've maxed. Vanguard/ maruarder are my maxed mechs

Please don't take it as I'm trying to bash the game, I love it I miss this genre but you need to grab a larger target then just a select 1000 players today's gamers want meaningful progression

(Xbox)ocktos

(Xbox)ocktos

• Xbox Members
  • 16 posts
Forgive my double post it was done on my phone, but your comment about the g-2 versions having better DPS Is a lie. How do you get more DPS when the weapon stats are identical to the original mech. Or are you saying that just cause you get like 80 extra hit points with is next to nothing let's be honest. Your getting the g-2 just for the cosmetic carbon fiber look

(Xbox)TheEnigmaShew

(Xbox)TheEnigmaShew

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 56 posts

Seems looking deeper in the interest of full research I have found something deeply disturbing.

The development team has indeed simplified the mech customization for the console versions. This is not the worrying part the PC version will soon be the same. When the PS4 version hits the PC side will also have the same changes applied. This was explained by the community manager on the PC forums as a simplification so that new players would not have a high learning curve to play. Also to make the roles what they were intended to be.

The issue I have with this is the AI bots don't seem to conform to this formula. I have seen Berserkers and Assaults running around with weapons they should not have. And using abilities that they cannot have access to either.

The new formula for players is that only the items, internals, and weapon the mech starts with are the only ones it can wield. The internals and items can be upgraded once per generation. Once progression with the base mech is finished the Gen 2 unlocks with slightly better performance and the next level of items and internals available for upgrade.

The development team has said that the 30 starting mechs will be augmented over time with new mechs. And that the change will allow them to work on new customizations for those mechs, parts, and visuals.

My personal thought on this are shared with the greater PC community  and that is the customization of their mechs is what made the game for them. Tailoring their mech for their playstyle instead of having to shoehorn into finding that mech that does what they kinda need.

I feel that games need to not be afraid of being complicated. Making the player learn the intricacies of the game will attach them to it even more. Proud of their knowledge, their skill.

XBox Ambassador, Desert Storm Veteran, Founder Enigma Gaming a club dedicated to gaming ethics and promoting co-op gameplay.

Clan [EV] Enigma Vanguard

(Xbox)ocktos

(Xbox)ocktos

• Xbox Members
  • 16 posts
Please say it ain't so. This game has greatness but now their holding it back.

They should just limit the weapons to chassis

Heavies only on C class ( no B or A )

Mediums - etc

Etc

They should keep abilities locked to the specfic mechs, so to keep the incentive to buy mechs for the abilities..

Play it up like smite/ new gods formula

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users