Making Lemonade: Alternate Weapons Solution

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

(Xbox)DerangedMime00

(Xbox)DerangedMime00

• Xbox Members
  • 3 posts
Pretty sure this topic has been beaten to the ground over and over again. Yes, we as Xbox player love customization in all its form and glory. Simplicity is not what attracts us to play a game but diversity that gives us a reason to play. I can more than agree with your decision to balance this game by making some changes here and there but problems are already becoming apparent with my play time experience (e.g. Recruit mech being able to take down a G1 Predetor is a bit nonsensical) To rectify this situation without imbalances requires a simple solution: Ammo Selection. Might take some effort to implement however this will add some level of customization to your current mechs by being able to select a certain ammo type that can be strong/weak against certain mechs in-game (e.g. shrapnel rounds shatter on impact causing high damage to lighter mechs but weak against armored mechs. Titanium rounds are effective against armored mechs but weak against light mechs) For balancing players can only have 1 selected type of ammo on each weapon per round. What do you guys think good or awful idea?

(Xbox)CraftyDus

(Xbox)CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 33 posts

Predator is an art form. It is counter-intuitive.

It took us 3 months to realize it could eat thermometers for lunch when it was first released.

However, having your choice of 3 different primary weapons per mech is something they've done before.

There can be a vast divide in terms of balance between say a raider with an eoc primary in contrast to one with reflak, depending on the abilities of the player.

Such balance dilemmas can be solved by keeping mech primaries static, and fortifies it as a class-based shooter.

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users