• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Hello all, I have been streaming for awhile and been part of the community of hawken for quite some time, and some know that I do stream this game alot but you know what. I need help, I want to know how to get max frames while streaming with decent quality cause every game im in I get fuzzy bunny fps and now its frustrating on my part, although real time gameplay lags, you wont see it much on the playback. Is there specific settings?

Shadowplay or OBS? im not much of an overlay person

these are my specs

• Processor: AMD 8350FX 8-Core 4.0ghz 
• Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA 
• GFX Card: ASUS DCUii 780ti 
• RAM: G.Skill Sniper Series 4gb(2) 
• OS Drive: Kingston V300 Series 120gb 
• SSD Storage Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB HD 
• Case: NZXT Phantom ATX Series Full Tower 
• Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w gold 80+ Fully Modular • Monitors: BenQ XL2411Z 24inch and 23inch Acer •Mouse: Cosair M65/ Logitech Proteus g502

also i have 2 780ti's in SLI? I just  don't understand how everything goes to fuzzy bunny once im in game.

Edited by HOHOHOSANTA, 26 July 2016 - 05:08 PM.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

IIRC Hawken cannot support SLI.

Maybe you can use one of those 780tis for a dedicated recording device though I'm not sure how you would go about doing that.

I would stick with OBS personally, look for the NVENC encoding options to keep weight off the CPU. Hawken loathes Piledriver chips.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

IIRC Hawken cannot support SLI.

Maybe you can use one of those 780tis for a dedicated recording device though I'm not sure how you would go about doing that.

I would stick with OBS personally, look for the NVENC encoding options to keep weight off the CPU. Hawken loathes Piledriver chips.

It does not support SLI? what kind of fps doesnt support sli lol, I mean I did use NVENC but then other people from what i read and stuff use x264 encoder because it gives off better quality. I mean with 2 780ti's I have alot of power and hawken only takes like 40% GPU Load, It remains fairy cool around 45-50c even on Ultra settings but even going to medium my frames just die and I don't understand how going from medium, to high to ultra and tested with physx all has the same result.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

NVENC does give a lower quality for the same bit rate, but x264 is all on the processor, which I see as the weakest part of your system.

Also when I had an 8320 and a 970 I found that NVENC encoding gave me better frames than x264 specifically in Hawken. Shadowplay claims to be a zero load operation but I found this to be very evidently not the case, so I got rid of that loathsome GeForce experience crap,. That said maybe shadowplay will work OK for you with a pair of 780tis.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

had a friend test, a 1080 on hawken on ultra settings. his frames dropped to 60 during fights on bigmaps, so looks like the game is the problem, the optimization of hawken is terrible even for newer cards...cause when im uncapped frames I get over 300 lol on ultra...but even when Im on medium quality its the same. So I guess hawken just eats PC's and we cant do anything about it unless they remake it with a new game engine or something

• DemitronPrime likes this

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

If you don't get better results with the 1080 then the CPU is definitely the limiting factor. The best you can do in terms of frame rate while recording is to do as much of the work as possible with the GPUs.

That said, 4gb of ram in 2016 is pushing it. Might want to bump that up to 8gb now that ram is fairly cheap again if only for quality of life.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

hawken relies more on GPU, I have my statistics up when I play and this damn game uses almost 50%, not even other games like OW, etc use that much. its crazy lol yea i need more ram..I just set it to performance mode yesterday was running a bit smoother. wasnt streaming though

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Does your performance monitor tell you how many cores are in use? When I ran an 8320 it always told me I was at 20-30% but only a few threads were in use. I think something about how the Viscera cores handle Hawken just falls flat for some reason.

My experience (anecdotally of course) going from 8320 and 270X to a 8320 and 970 to a 4790k and 970 to a 4790k and 980ti was that the upgrade from the 8320 to the 4790k was the largest boost in frame rate by a substantial margin, and for framerates while recording it made a huge jump. Conversely the jump from the 970 to the 980ti made almost no difference in Hawken: the dips were still there on busy maps, though somewhat less so.

I guess I should already have asked what you are using to record right now. That would be a helpful baseline.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

I believe it uses 4 or all 8 lol I forgot. im at work atm, im have to check. its just hawken optimzation man its so bad...lol, well im not the one who tested the 1080 personally but i was told by that person, in other games he got an extra 100-150 fps, and although hawken maxes out frames in main menu, ingame battles make it still drop 60-80 now for a 600 dollar new card thats bad on the games part, cause it questions how beefy a 1080 really is but hawken is a motherfc^*&^% on GPU and CPU's. 

I use OBS with no overlays

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

if you have NVidia gpu I would recommend shadowplay its an outstanding gameplay recorder with next to no loss of FPS. I don't know why you would stream a beyond broken game that clearly has poor optimization, no sli, and 100+ other stuff that is wrong with the game.

TurquoiseTortoise

TurquoiseTortoise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

something something hawken uses cpu mostly something something the gpus arent being used enough something something you want an intel cpu somethingsomething

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

you need to find a new plumbus

• ReversusRex likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users