- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

(Xbox)LordJim47

(Xbox)LordJim47

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 34 posts

New to Hawken and have watched some videos that zoom in to target and shoot the enemy.  How do they do that?  I'm running a Vanguard, G2-Charge, CR-T Recruit and Nief.  Thanks in advance for the help. 

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts
Mechs with a zoom mechanic are the Sharpshooter and Reaper; Theyre sniper mechs so yeah, they have zoom. The button by default on Xbox is the right thumbstick click, its a utility button for secondary weapons. The Raider, for example, uses this button to switch between an arched fireball projectile or a near-hitscan MIRV blast where as sniper mechs use that button for the zoom

(Xbox)LordJim47

(Xbox)LordJim47

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 34 posts

Thanks.  Some much to learn; good thing I'm retired and have no deadlines or schedules I do not control.  Looking forward to an Xbox Hawken guide.  Will do some "training" and see if I can figure out how to use the utility button for secondary weapons more effectively.  

Have taken the Vanguard to level 5.6 and bought the G2-Vanguard. Then found MS Store had two new add-ons so I now have 5 new Mechs to learn.  Picked the Bruiser to start with because I kept getting clobber in death-matches and sieges by people fighting them.  Found out why and am now able to deal out some of my own destruction. 

Appreciate your postings. 

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts
I was considering writing up a guide on general Hawken basics, seeing as at least you would be interested, Ill start writing after work today

(Xbox)LordJim47

(Xbox)LordJim47

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 34 posts

Thanks.  Your info has made my play sooo much better.  Had a run of victories in team death match yesterday 12+, where I was able to maintain 3rd or 4th place consistently.  Looking forward to using whatever you produce.  I'm sure I will not be the only one to benefit.  Appreciate your efforts to make this experience even better than awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users