- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

(Xbox)phed thc

(Xbox)phed thc

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 37 posts
Using the xbox accessories app you can remap your basic controller and switch any button for any other (though the triggers are locked to just switching them back and forth).

I was getting mad cramps in my hands trying to dodge and fly while managing weapons with the default layout, so I've swapped the bumpers with the thumb sticks buttons -- dodging is way more intuitive, but I can't fly and aim (not too bad, since the first mech I'm concentrating on is the infiltrator).

I'm strongly looking at getting either an xbox elite or scuff controller though. With the dodge key and hover on paddles would be ideal I think.

The elite is looking better to me though with the more in depth customization and lower price.

For stick sensitivity I've settled on 270, seems to give me good tracking at close to mid range though it's a little too twitchy at distance...

What are you pilots finding works best for you? Share your fuzzy bunny if you have custom rigs or settings please.

Edited by (Xbox)phed thc, 02 August 2016 - 08:13 AM.

(Xbox)Deth3327

(Xbox)Deth3327

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 37 posts

I just stuck with the default layout and got used to it.  Although I understand the desire to move the boosts from the bumpers.  I now keep my pointer and middle fingers on the bumpers and triggers while playing this game.  

I have not spent much time looking at the elite controller, but maybe I will now.

• (Xbox)phed thc likes this

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts
Dont go with the Scuf, you cant remap the bumpers; I run a Scuf and Im still using the accessories app to make the paddles be hover and dodge.. My method is remapping the bumpers to be A and B, making my paddles mapped to A and B now map to the bumpers. An Elite controller doesnt have this slight issue, AFAIK

(Xbox)CCT DARK

(Xbox)CCT DARK

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 30 posts

I am using a Razor Saber-tooth controller that was made for the 360. I have to use a Titan One adapter to use, but it is nice! I can do everything with out my thumbs leaving the joy sticks. I use 600 sens, 110 FoV, and 1 cockpit lag. 

fMAAlgz.png

(Xbox)phed thc

(Xbox)phed thc

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 37 posts

I am using a Razor Saber-tooth controller that was made for the 360. I have to use a Titan One adapter to use, but it is nice! I can do everything with out my thumbs leaving the joy sticks. I use 600 sens, 110 FoV, and 1 cockpit lag.

That's so cool, using a Titan One, I could even connect a keyboard and mouse to own all (hestoned and craftydus excluded).

Though, I'm leaning towards an Avenger Reflex.

https://www.avengerc...-now-available/
  • (Xbox)CCT DARK likes this

(Xbox)CCT DARK

(Xbox)CCT DARK

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 30 posts

That's so cool, using a Titan One, I could even connect a keyboard and mouse to own all (hestoned and craftydus excluded).

Though, I'm leaning towards an Avenger Reflex.

https://www.avengerc...-now-available/

I actually have one if you want to buy it from me. I didnt like it that much. 

fMAAlgz.png

(Xbox)phed thc

(Xbox)phed thc

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 37 posts

I actually have one if you want to buy it from me. I didnt like it that much.

Pm sent

(Xbox)CraftyDus

(Xbox)CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 33 posts

Xployt runs an elite, and said he didnt like the scuf. He competed at a pretty high level in a sea of mouse/key pc players with it.

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

(Xbox)phed thc

(Xbox)phed thc

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 37 posts
Indeed he did, crafty.

I saw on the pc off topic that you use a switch to share your mkb between systems. Are you using a Titan One for the translation?

(Xbox)RemTHManiac

(Xbox)RemTHManiac

• Xbox Members
  • 2 posts

Just picked up an open box elite from eBay. Added the right stick click to the right small upper paddle for my missile lock . Added right trigger to left small upper paddle for an additional fire button. Both larger paddles are extra bumpers at the moment. Points have been climbing as I get used to it, only had 2 days. So far I like it. YMMV

(Xbox)phed thc

(Xbox)phed thc

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 37 posts
Oooh, I just got to try out my new (slightly used, thanks CCT dark!) Avenger Reflex, and I gotta say, it's sweet as candy.

I remapped the bumpers to A and B; movement is so fluid now.

I did have to shim the overlay to release some pressure off the left bumper cause it was too twitchy, and the B button keeps getting stuck down... will need to alleviate that somehow... positive first impression overall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users