Photo

The G2-Raider: What I like & what I don't like.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

As many of you know, I love the normal Raider and I often proclaim it to be one of the most viable burst mechs in the game due to it's balance of offense and defense.

When the G2-Raider was announced, I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. After I got the G2-Raider, I immediately noticed a few problems.

What I like:
The G2-Raider is definately a fun mech to play as, no doubt about it. Typically when I play any other mech, nippy little A-class scouts and infils have no problem flying around my head like a provoked wasp. When playing G2-Raider, they know to be more cautious, because they know that if they get too close (or if I get to close) then they'll be about as flat as paper. It's a sort of intimidation mech that takes advantage of the expectations of the typical C-class mech that then throws off the cover and shouts "FOOLED YOU, I'M FAST AS ****!" leaving the opposing mech to scramble in panic.

What I don't like:
I get that the G2-Raider is a C-class mech, and as such it has to be slow, but pairing it up with speeds that only barely surpass the Brawler's and then armour lower than that of the Vanguard's (albeit only 10HP) is just crazy. A good idea would be to either increase the G2-Raider's HP to match it's current speed, or increase the G2-Raider's speed to match it's current HP would be a good idea.

I'll say that maybe a reason it's so slow is so it can be offset by G2 Blitz, but I still believe it to be crazy!

I understand that the G2 Raider has the largest fuel tank in the whole game which is most likely so that G2 Blitz can last longer, but that brings me onto my next point, the fuel regen.

I can understand that the fuel regen has to be slow because of the large tank, but my goodness, I doubt it really needs to be THAT slow! Increasing the fuel regen just by a tad would help!

By no means to I expect the G2-Raider to be effective at air combat, that would be ridiculous....

How about you? Do you agree? Do you not? Any better ideas? Or do you believe the G2-Raider is better off left as is? 

Thanks!

Edited by SparkyJJC, 31 March 2015 - 01:37 AM.

• PoopSlinger and shosca like this

AXgnWyr.png

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
In my opinion, I think the idea of G2's is a decent one, but I also feel it should have been implemented earlier in the game's life, or give out many more at the time. They should also only be able to be unlocked by experience, and not with meteor points.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

In my opinion, I think the idea of G2's is a decent one, but I also feel it should have been implemented earlier in the game's life, or give out many more at the time. They should also only be able to be unlocked by experience, and not with meteor points.

Yeah the lack of G2's does make it seem a bit odd...

AXgnWyr.png

M3CH47

M3CH47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Lower HP & fuel and buff the speed/dodge & blitz!?

Edited by M3CH47, 31 March 2015 - 08:45 AM.

<3 BLITZ  |  CEREBRAL PILOTS  |  BONK BONK

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

"FOOLED YOU, I'M FAST AS ****!"

Spoiler

This is a signature, revel in its glory.

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

G2 raider in my opinion is really solid where it is. After experimenting for roughly 150+ hours with it purchasing 6 different copies and producing 6 very viable builds, the one and only complaint I have is that the ability put's you on radar even though you are walking. I'm almost certain it occurs because of the ability and its fuel consumption, however this is just a minor annoyance at this point. The G2 raider's greatest asset in my opinion is its radar range. If my team listens to my callouts at the start of a match on just about any map we can get a huge advantage knowing where the enemy is. It has made the first encounter of many games profitable

SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Lower HP & fuel and buff the speed/dodge & blitz!?

No.

I'm saying either:

Buff health to match current speed

OR

Buff speed to match current health

AND

Increase Fuel tank regen by a small amount.

AXgnWyr.png

SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

G2 raider in my opinion is really solid where it is. After experimenting for roughly 150+ hours with it purchasing 6 different copies and producing 6 very viable builds, the one and only complaint I have is that the ability put's you on radar even though you are walking. I'm almost certain it occurs because of the ability and its fuel consumption, however this is just a minor annoyance at this point. The G2 raider's greatest asset in my opinion is its radar range. If my team listens to my callouts at the start of a match on just about any map we can get a huge advantage knowing where the enemy is. It has made the first encounter of many games profitable

Pardon the double post, but which build do you feel is most viable?

AXgnWyr.png

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Pardon the double post, but which build do you feel is most viable?

I find that editing the previous post cuts down on double posting and allows you to still say what you want.

This is a signature, revel in its glory.

SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

I find that editing the previous post cuts down on double posting and allows you to still say what you want.

Too much work.

#2lazy

AXgnWyr.png

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

G2 needs faster walk speed, quicker ability cooldown, and the ability needs to not show on radar.  Blam!  Now it's viable.

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

The two MOST viable builds so far are the standard orblord (of which I rarely use) with the remaining one slot used as a basic fuel converter.

The second is the super speed build, which generally runs power surger, evasive device, and fuel converter. You can also run my version of this build which uses the composite armor and basic fuel converter instead of the two slot fuel converter. For maximum zerging of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users