Mech progression and Pilot progression what's the point

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

(Xbox)EARUSHTON

(Xbox)EARUSHTON

• Xbox Members
  • 22 posts
I've been playing for a couple of weeks now and been ranking up. When my pilot ranks up it says I've unlocked new weapons and items, but can't see them. My mech ranks up but nothing happens. Do any attributes change? Does anyone know if the August update will change these things. I do like the game and I know it came from the PC, but can't see at the moment how to move forward.

(Xbox)st1cky98

(Xbox)st1cky98

• Xbox Members
  • 25 posts
On the pc I think you can mess with the weapons and stuff at different ranks but not on the Xbox yet you can upgrade your items and internals max your much out then get the g2 unlocked

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts
Those popups are from the old PC build (Which is still the current PC build atm), they left them in, Im assuming, by accident as they do give false information from time-to-time.

(Xbox)EARUSHTON

(Xbox)EARUSHTON

• Xbox Members
  • 22 posts

On the pc I think you can mess with the weapons and stuff at different ranks but not on the Xbox yet you can upgrade your items and internals max your much out then get the g2 unlocked

Those popups are from the old PC build (Which is still the current PC build atm), they left them in, Im assuming, by accident as they do give false information from time-to-time.

So would you know if the new update would clear some of this up? So would I be right to assume to unlock other mechs, I would need to max out the rank of the current mechs I own?

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts
Im not sure whether they will adress this issue in the next update.

In order to buy new mechs, you simply have to buy the mechs before it; For example, if you want the Scout, youll need to buy the Assault first so that youve unlocked the next few options in your mech tree, the Scout being one of the options after youve bought the Assault. After that you may buy the Scout. If you want any mechs G2 version, youll then need to fully level the G1 version to unlock the ability to buy the G2. Make sense? I hope I explained that clearly enough

Edited by (Xbox)x KiRK707, 23 August 2016 - 04:14 PM.

(Xbox)phed thc

(Xbox)phed thc

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 37 posts
They need to change that...

(Xbox)EARUSHTON

(Xbox)EARUSHTON

• Xbox Members
  • 22 posts

Im not sure whether they will adress this issue in the next update.
In order to buy new mechs, you simply have to buy the mechs before it; For example, if you want the Scout, youll need to buy the Assault first so that youve unlocked the next few options in your mech tree, the Scout being one of the options after youve bought the Assault. After that you may buy the Scout. If you want any mechs G2 version, youll then need to fully level the G1 version to unlock the ability to buy the G2. Make sense? I hope I explained that clearly enough

Yes thanks, that does make sense.

(Xbox)moboja2

(Xbox)moboja2

• Xbox Members
  • 1 posts

How do you unlock MECH'S!!!!
I am level 29 and stuck with just the base mechs and have the G1 Bruiser leveled up but can NOT buy the G2 BRUISER and all others are locked and can not do any upgrades!!

This so called guide tells you NOTHING!!!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!

Edited by (Xbox)moboja2, 13 September 2016 - 04:18 PM.

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts

How do you unlock MECH'S!!!!
I am level 29 and stuck with just the base mechs and have the G1 Bruiser leveled up but can NOT buy the G2 BRUISER and all others are locked and can not do any upgrades!!

This so called guide tells you NOTHING!!!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!

You need to reach the maximum rank with your mech before its G2 version is unlocked and available to be purchased; If that is not working for you, I believe there is still support tickets you can send for help from Reloaded

Edited by (Xbox)x KiRK707, 13 September 2016 - 07:17 PM.

(Xbox)LordJim47

(Xbox)LordJim47

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 34 posts

You can buy any mech with  red MC (Meteor Credits) -- costs $$s instead of waiting for unlocking and building up  blue game credits [think I got the colors right].

The downside of doing the buy-up is it does not make you a better pilot and you will spend a lot of money and still get killed by the good pilots.  There is not short-cut to getting good at being a successful pilot.  Knowing how to get the most out of a light, medium or heavy mech requires knowing where it excels, how to get it to do its unique thing, and then putting that knowledge into the instant it will work. 

Admiral Arleigh Burke said of the first destroyer named after him, "This ship was made to fight, you better know how."  He also was asked what the difference was between a good commander and a great commander, he said "About 5 seconds".

Applied to fighting a mech, the difference between a good pilot and a great pilot is about 5 nano-seconds--fighting a mech is faster than fighting a navy destroyer, or at least 15 years ago it was--might have gotten faster and harder with the new Zumwalt class ships.  I have all the lights and mediums now and I find fighting the lights make me a better medium pilot.  The lights make you learn how to hit and run, how to avoid being hit and how to not missing first because if you do your done.  Hard to tolerate the lousy K/D ratio until you improve Damage inflicted vs damage done to you. 

Eitherway you do it, it is just plain fun--or it was/is for me.  Wish I would have learned it sooner, would have saved some serious $$$$$$s.

Good luck.

• (Xbox)xROLLxTIDEx and (Xbox)CosmicCasey59 like this

(Xbox)iFARTed0nYou

(Xbox)iFARTed0nYou

• Xbox Members
  • 2 posts

I've been playing for a couple of weeks now and been ranking up. When my pilot ranks up it says I've unlocked new weapons and items, but can't see them. My mech ranks up but nothing happens. Do any attributes change? Does anyone know if the August update will change these things. I do like the game and I know it came from the PC, but can't see at the moment how to move forward.

The MK3 upgrades are only available on "G2" version of the Mechs. You cannot see or use them on the "regular" versions.

To get the option of even getting a G2, you must fully rank up the normal version of the same Mech or buy it with normal money verse game earned credits.  

(Xbox)EARUSHTON

(Xbox)EARUSHTON

• Xbox Members
  • 22 posts

The MK3 upgrades are only available on "G2" version of the Mechs. You cannot see or use them on the "regular" versions.

To get the option of even getting a G2, you must fully rank up the normal version of the same Mech or buy it with normal money verse game earned credits.

Thanks for the info

(Xbox)theguywhostengu

(Xbox)theguywhostengu

• Xbox Members
  • 6 posts

lock on rockets is for wimps.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users