Skilled, Paying Players are Lonely :[

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

(Xbox)BIGMANLOGJAM

(Xbox)BIGMANLOGJAM

• Xbox Members
  • 6 posts
Hello. I just have a (hopefully) easy one...

First of all, this game is amazing and I can't believe it's free. I think that's the only reason a lot of people aren't playing it; nobody expects it to be this good. It's so good, you've convinced me to spend money on it. I did this because I want to see it get even better, and unlike a lot of the whiny buffoons on here, I understand that a good thing like this can't last forever without some money.

Anyways, here is my issue. I am somewhat good at the game and feel like I'm being punished for it. I'm banished from almost every server for skill level, so as a paying customer I have three or four half, full, laggy servers to choose from. Where all of the whiny noobs with no commitment that will quit anyways are getting the greatest gaming experience. Could we loosen up the skill level cutoffs until there are enough players to make this fun? It's especially bad since I work the night shift. It makes me not want to play :[ I'll pay $20 more bucks for this patch, and you already have a “full game's worth" out of me. I love you.
  • (Xbox)xX PAN1K Xx, (Xbox)xROLLxTIDEx, (Xbox)st1cky98 and 1 other like this

(Xbox)xROLLxTIDEx

(Xbox)xROLLxTIDEx

• Xbox Members
  • 24 posts
Check my post history.

This game absolutely punishes you for being good. This is the biggest troll game ever. The game play/combat system is AMAZING! It is the best thing on xbox one. The matchmaking system the WORST of any game I have ever played.

The matchmaking/MMR/party size limitation is already killing the game's player base.

It is so bad that whoever came up with the idea should be fired for gross negligence and costing the company money. Yes, it is that bad.

My friends and I assume that the devs of this game must have been routinely curb stomped by teams of skilled players in previous games and this is Their revenge. Trolling at its finest.

How come no one visits these forums? Why are rooms half empty? Why are there so few available servers? If you're intentions are to prevent people from getting their feelings hurt then why keep score at all?
  • (Xbox)xX PAN1K Xx, (Xbox)Deth3327 and (Xbox)CCT DARK like this

(Xbox)Riker210

(Xbox)Riker210

• Xbox Members
  • 10 posts

Coming from a Game QA/Development background, the two comments above are offensive and entirely pointless dribble...

Onto actual feedback, the 'free to play' syndrome is its blessings and downfall. Pay 5-10 bucks unlock a far better mech than 95% of the player base has and STOMP everything. The autobalance has issues and doesnt seem to take into unlocked mechs, rank or anything. There are times when the  death match game score is 35-3 out of purely matching up the heavy hitters all together and then after 5-10 games it finally corrects itself and finds a sweet spot with evenly matched opponents giving some of the best FPS action ive had in years. 

I am looking forward to regularly streaming this (as we have already for 2 weeks) and seeing how the game improves (hopefully). Wish list item 1, better balance of teams for players who havent payed into the game yet (which you wont get them too as is now) and paying people who have unlocked far better mechs than most of the players base. 

(Xbox)xX PAN1K Xx

(Xbox)xX PAN1K Xx

• Xbox Members
  • 17 posts

Well I don't have the credentials of a self-proclaimed Q/A or Development background, but I have been playing video games for 20 years, often team based games, and find myself being the primary demographic a game like this is made for. I find the fact you feel you should come in and dismiss opinions offhand, with no substance, offensive. The fact that I don't recognize your name means either you don't play on the North American servers or you haven't reached the same level MMR as the other 2 posters. If you had, you'd realize that the matchmaking only places about a dozen of us into the same games over and over again because it deems us too difficult for the normal casual gamer. Often times the wait between games can be quite substantial. I only make this post as a point of reference to other forum readers though, as your other post "From the Veterans of QA" destroys any credibility you may have had. Anyone who claims they cannot figure out the Siege game type (which did have instructions on how to play) or the in-game weapons without assistance from outside websites, is obviously not a long time gamer and certainly not someone heavily involved in the industry. Your other post also immediately cries about the free-to-play system which is actually one of the better I've seen. You can achieve any mech in the game without paying a dime. The only items you cannot obtain without real money are some visual customizations. The fact that you have the option to pay to get the mechs instead of grinding them out, just makes people who don't want to support the game in the first place cry that some people got the better mechs before them. The fact that my time is valuable enough to me that I choose to speed up my acquisition of the mech I want should not penalize me in game. Again, I'm the player the game is trying to attract. The gamer that will play their game exclusively and put money into the game so I'm positioned where I want to be. The game can make money off me and receive a consistent player base of others like me, and instead of tailoring the game to players like me, we have a game that we cannot bring a full team into a "team deathmatch" game and a matchmaking system that has prevented me from getting into a full game for quite some time. The gameplay in Hawken is awesome, which is what makes those of us complaining about the matchmaking and team system so upset. We can't play the game we really want to play because it's unbearable.

• (Xbox)xROLLxTIDEx and (Xbox)LordJim47 like this

(Xbox)Riker210

(Xbox)Riker210

• Xbox Members
  • 10 posts

There you go you gave proper feed back explaining your issue...

"that the matchmaking only places about a dozen of us into the same games over and over again because it deems us too difficult for the normal casual gamer. Often times the wait between games can be quite substantial"

AND

"The fact that my time is valuable enough to me that I choose to speed up my acquisition of the mech I want should not penalize me in game. Again, I'm the player the game is trying to attract. The gamer that will play their game exclusively and put money into the game so I'm positioned where I want to be. The game can make money off me and receive a consistent player base of others like me, and instead of tailoring the game to players like me, we have a game that we cannot bring a full team into a "team deathmatch" game and a matchmaking system that has prevented me from getting into a full game for quite some time. The gameplay in Hawken is awesome, which is what makes those of us complaining about the matchmaking and team system so upset. We can't play the game we really want to play because it's unbearable."

Self proclaimed QA? I'm pretty sure my paycheques dont say self proclaimed that lol.

The siege mode had no instructional, it just put me in the match and said go spewing forth 'battleships deploying' non stop. I wasnt the only one trying to figure it out based on the mic convo. (you shouldnt need to use the website to explain an in game function or behaviour. ) An instructional on first time playing or while on the loading screen (which is an MS Technical Requirement, no loading can be blank or appear frozen) 

The Veterans of QA is our gaming group, its made up of 20-30 former/current QA/DEVs people who have worked in gaming for 5-20+ years. lol Im sorry my words were harsh and you dont like our game groups name, but I cannot help that. 

PS> I do play on NA and no I do not have higher ranking mechs as I dont only play this game and have not dished cash out yet as the game is very unstable, incomplete and overall a mixed experience. When its more on par with what I'd expect as 'complete' ill dish out some cash. 

(Xbox)xROLLxTIDEx

(Xbox)xROLLxTIDEx

• Xbox Members
  • 24 posts

Riker210, You and gamers of your ilk are the problem with this game.  I am glad that I offend you.   This game is not pay 2 win.  If you truly believe so, then you have never played a pay 2 win game.  I can tell from your posts that you have had your feelings hurt in a few matches.   The fact that you claim to come from a QA/developer background just confirms my point that devs routinely get curb stomped by teams of skilled players. 

They fact that you cry and complain "There are times when the  death match game score is 35-3 out of purely matching up the heavy hitters all together" tells me that you are on the receiving end  of that beating.  You should work on getting better at the game and making friends in the game so that you don't get your ass handed to you regularly.  That is something you can control.   Instead you prefer to beg the game devs to prevent skilled friends from playing together so that they quit hurting your feelings.   Wow, just wow.  

In another post you state "The speed mechs seem to have no real purpose later...they just get smoked with autolock missles".  I can only shake my head at this statement.  This is another example where you are proving how bad you are at this game and how little you know.   If you truly believe the speed mechs have no real purpose than you have never played against hestoned or thejamjambalar in their scout mechs.  I will guarantee you that those two will run circles around you, raping you so hard you will have to walk away with a mattress on your head.   What will you do then?  Beg the devs to give you a gametype where you never have to play skilled players?  O wait, that is what you are doing now! 

Why not try to play the best and work on getting better? 

• (Xbox)xX PAN1K Xx and (Xbox)LordJim47 like this

(Xbox)CCT DARK

(Xbox)CCT DARK

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 30 posts

Not bashing just continuing the conversation. 

"PS> I do play on NA and no I do not have higher ranking mechs as I dont only play this game and have not dished cash out yet as the game is very unstable, incomplete and overall a mixed experience. When its more on par with what I'd expect as 'complete' ill dish out some cash."

I grind all of the G2s' I have, only three, but my G2 Raider is also maxed out, so that would actually be enough for a fourth. I would say that it takes about 4-6 hrs per mech to G2 it. Also MMR has nothing to do with what gen mech you have it is about the pilots accuracy, game sense, team work, and maneuverability. Before I had G2s I was smashing people that did have them. I also think that paying for a G2 will make you worse with the mech overall, bc if you have to grind it then you get a lot more play time on it, all of which was on an inferior mech. So in my opinion Hawken isnt pay to win.   

"In another post you state "The speed mechs seem to have no real purpose later...they just get smoked with autolock missles".  I can only shake my head at this statement.  This is another example where you are proving how bad you are at this game and how little you know.   If you truly believe the speed mechs have no real purpose than you have never played against hestoned or thejamjambalar in their scout mechs."

I agree, I would say that the Scout has the highest skill ceiling in the game. And auto lock missles are easy to dodge in an A class mech you do what I call an "L maneuver" dodge to the left or right then thrust forward. They miss every time and if you get up close to a Rocketer they are done. I have a Montage that shows this I will link it below. It is about the third or forth clip I kill a Bruiser and Rocketeer, both have hell fires(lock ons), with a scout.

http://xboxclips.com...b6-7860d1bb65eb 

• (Xbox)xX PAN1K Xx, (Xbox)xROLLxTIDEx and (Xbox)LordJim47 like this

fMAAlgz.png

(Xbox)Deth3327

(Xbox)Deth3327

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 37 posts

Riker, you need to play more before you make overarching comments about mech types and player skill.  As Tide said above, I guarantee you Hestoned and Jam will own you (and nearly everyone else) in a their scouts or other light mechs.  Also I also can vouch for the inability to find matches.  I alway see the same people in matches over and over again and rarely can find a full game of Siege or Missile Assault.  

This is not a pay to win game, and buying a G2 is a miniscule advantage.  

If this game is to survive as a team based shooter it needs to allow for "Teams" to actually play the game.  

• (Xbox)xX PAN1K Xx and (Xbox)xROLLxTIDEx like this

(Xbox)xX PAN1K Xx

(Xbox)xX PAN1K Xx

• Xbox Members
  • 17 posts

I'm sorry, the way I posted some of that info may have been confusing. When I stated "self-proclaimed Q/A or development background" I was referring to this:

Coming from a Game QA/Development background, the two comments above are offensive and entirely pointless dribble...

which is a non-verifiable statement. If you would like to back that statement up with your "paycheques" from a game developer you are more than welcome to and at that point you would no longer be self-proclaimed, but verified. I personally would not recommend doing this, but I wanted you to understand the difference. Saying on a forum that you have this or that background is useless as it cannot be proven one way or another, thus the "self-proclaimed" comment.

Also, when I quoted "From the Veterans of QA", I was referring to the title of a post you made on this forum. I am not offended by a groups name, nor did I indicate I was. In fact I had no idea, nor did I care, that it was a group. Your words were not harsh, but ridiculous. You came into a post in which BIGMANLOGJAM laid out his issue and his suggestion and to which xROLLxTIDEx responded, backing up BIG's opinion and stating he should check ROLL's prior posts to see where ROLL had also laid out issues and suggestions. You immediately jumped on these two dismissing their ideas with no substance as to why and progressed to crying about a totally different issue. Then in your response to me, you condescendingly act as though I finally addressed an actual issue, which indicates the other 2 posters had not.

In your post "From the Veterans of QA" you state the game doesn't teach you to play Siege and that you couldn't figure it out and I then explain to you that this is one of a few things that destroys your credibility because the game does teach you. In your response you state:

There you go you gave proper feed back explaining your issue...

The siege mode had no instructional, it just put me in the match and said go spewing forth 'battleships deploying' non stop. I wasnt the only one trying to figure it out based on the mic convo. (you shouldnt need to use the website to explain an in game function or behaviour. ) An instructional on first time playing or while on the loading screen (which is an MS Technical Requirement, no loading can be blank or appear frozen) 

I would like to point you to https://community.pl...siege-tutorial/, not because I feel you should have to use a separate website to find instruction (I agree you should not), but because the very first graphic in his post is the in-game picture of the siege explanation that appears the first time you load into siege. It also appears each subsequent time until you click that little box that says "Don't Show Again". This is again a very telling view into your experience in video game Q/A and Development.

As was pointed out by subsequent posters in this thread, the g2 mechs have nothing to do with the MMR or how you are matched in a game and the actual advantage to a g2 is fairly minor (less than a 10% armor boost, no weapon upgrade, a second use of items [once upgraded], and probably the best is slightly upgraded internals [once upgraded]). Whining about people being able to obtain them with real money as opposed to time on game is just sad.

You readily prove my point by stating that as a casual player you haven't spent any money on the game and don't plan to unless they fix what you consider broken, which includes the fact that you can pay for mechs. Showing that the demographic they need to be catering to are players like myself and ROLL so they could actually afford to make the needed changes. Then you state that players that have contributed to the bottom line should be dismissed as "pointless dribble".

Overall I think you like to try to sound important, but do not actually have any knowledge about or time spent in the game and thus should refrain from commenting on such.  I will read any response you make, but will not likely respond any more myself as it's a waste of time.

• (Xbox)Deth3327 and (Xbox)LordJim47 like this

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts

"Paycheques"

My sides...

Edited by (Xbox)x KiRK707, 25 August 2016 - 06:07 PM.

• (Xbox)xX PAN1K Xx likes this

(Xbox)xROLLxTIDEx

(Xbox)xROLLxTIDEx

• Xbox Members
  • 24 posts

You readily prove my point by stating that as a casual player you haven't spent any money on the game and don't plan to unless they fix what you consider broken, which includes the fact that you can pay for mechs. Showing that the demographic they need to be catering to are players like myself and ROLL so they could actually afford to make the needed changes. Then you state that players that have contributed to the bottom line should be dismissed as "pointless dribble".

I am friends with Panik.  We play daily.  We have played together for 15 years, since the days of MechAssault on the original xbox.  We have a good group of guys who have all played together across many games since then.  As a group we have desperately been waiting for another "MechAssault" to come out for xbox.  When we heard about this game, we all became very excited.  We saw soo much potential in this game that pretty much everyone in the group bought the $50 starter pack that included the vanguard.  We did this because we saw potential in this game and we want it to be successful. 

Please, devs, save this game.  You can begin by removing ALL barriers.  Remove ALL skill caps.  Let everyone play everyone.   Remove the barriers between North American and South American and European servers, etc.  Remove the party limit and allows teams of competitive skilled players to compete.  Let these teams twitch their matches or upload them to youtube.  This can be advertisements for Hawken to bring more players into the game.   Make teamwork amongst skilled players a selling point for this game and not something to be banned.  Hardcore gamers will support you.  Casuals will not. 

• (Xbox)xX PAN1K Xx, (Xbox)Deth3327 and (Xbox)LordJim47 like this

(Xbox)Deth3327

(Xbox)Deth3327

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 37 posts

I am the only one of my crew that has stuck with this game after we all found out how limiting the party system and matchmaking was in this game.  I am sure 3-4 more paying players would be playing this game if not for these things.  Multiply that by all the hardcore gamers that have tried this game and gave up on it for those reasons and you have missed out on a lot of money.

I couldnt agree more with what Panik and Tide are saying.

• (Xbox)xX PAN1K Xx likes this

(Xbox)LordJim47

(Xbox)LordJim47

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 34 posts

New to gaming with Xbox and PC but won't quit-- skill only comes with a systematic approach: observe, plan, do, observe change the plan, do again-repeat as necessary.  Have been spanked by all of you several times but learned something each time; if only I could figure out what you did faster, I'd get better sooner.  Thanks anyway.  Once I figure out how to do it better, I'll try to figure out how to get on one of your teams-if I'm lucky!  For now I'll be the best target you can find, but not as easy as last time, at least I hope not.

• (Xbox)xX PAN1K Xx and (Xbox)Deth3327 like this

(Xbox)SWARTHOS

(Xbox)SWARTHOS

• Xbox Members
  • 3 posts

I'm just going to keep playing free until I get a solid grasp of what I'm doing out there.  After things become second nature for me and I finally realize where I want to go and how I want to proceed then I'll probably shell out some greenbacks.  If my interest crashes and burns somewhere along the way... so be it.   Not everyone is a millionaire and neither is everyone a pre-pubescent no job, no cash child.   If you gotta P2W then alright.... For now I'm really enjoying just running around out there squeezing the triggers.

I paused there for a moment and gave this some more consideration... Wait a minute!  Have we become so spoiled that we are going to complain about this game?  Man, I can remember back in the day when we didn't have a whiff of anything like this available to us to play!  I can remember back in the day when games like Planet Of Death were the most beautiful experience of multiplayer gaming known to man!  Those days were short lived and few and far between.  Really... I say embrace this and enjoy it.  It/we won't be around here forever.

• (Xbox)LordJim47 likes this

(Xbox)AV0LL

(Xbox)AV0LL

• Xbox Members
  • 21 posts
I think some of the unbalanced teams could be fixed by simply allowing players to switch teams before the match. Let the community spilt up the skill level of players from match to match. I know personally I would much prefer to be playing against good players rather than be on the same team why the opposite team clearly is outskilled.

I have to agree it seems like the game puts all the better players on one team.

I've found that siege is full of experienced players usually the same ones. And other game modes are full of unexperienced players.

(Xbox)AV0LL

(Xbox)AV0LL

• Xbox Members
  • 21 posts
Best thing to do is just play bots your unexperienced with if your team is clearly winning/more skilled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users