HUD Explained

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

(Xbox)EARUSHTON

(Xbox)EARUSHTON

• Xbox Members
  • 22 posts
Can any one take the time to explain the HUD symbology to me. Some items I can make a guess at ie the skulls for consecutive kills but why change colour? What does the first aid icon mean, I know I'm under repair but why flash an icon to tell me that? What do some of the symbols mean.

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts
You said "..explain HUD symbology..", as in, youd like any bit of information available? Ill try to skip the obvious stuff...

Someone explained the skull color change to me and I totally forgot it over the years. Im pretty sure they change color to symbolize the skulls new meaning; 5 kills- But I have poor memory and seem to feel as though dominating a player has something to do with it....? Someone clarify this

The health icon appears when youre being healed because it doesnt only show during repair; It shows anytime youre recieving health, be it from a Technician or a health orb.. Why? Its easier to notice than having to turn your view to see if the Tech is healing you or to see if the orb you wanted to dodge to during a duel is actually within range to heal. Its just faster and easier information display.

The small guage to the right of your health meter? Thats the dodge cooldown meter; It changes color when you use your dodge, the meter pin falls and builds back up and the color will switch back- Your dodge is now off cooldown. With every mech having varying dodge-CDs, this little guage helps you learn that mechs timing.

Hope this helps, any other symbols youre confused on? I cant currently think of anything else, booting my console to look and be sure theres nothing I forgot to mention lol
  • (Xbox)Riker210 likes this

(Xbox)EARUSHTON

(Xbox)EARUSHTON

• Xbox Members
  • 22 posts
Thanks for the info, the small icons which are just above and to the right of the health meter, are these the mechs abilities? There seems to be one with two arrows and clock type icon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users