Fixing the Unholy Trinity

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

(PS4)kdesmo

(PS4)kdesmo

• PlayStation Members
  • 18 posts
I have played with and against Rocketeer, Civ, and Technician mechs, and in their current form these mechs ruin the game in team matches.  

Technician:

There are already many sources of healing in the game.  The self-repair action is unique and interesting and really is all the healing needed in Hawken.  Health drops and heal-over-time upgrades are reasonable.  There is really no need for a mech that increases the amount of healing in the game, not to mention they get rewarded exceedingly well for breaking the game. Weapons that don't require aiming to delete mechs do not make the game more fun.  

It's a wonderful looking mech, like all the Hawken mechs, and even if it keeps all the current healing and scoring strengths, perhaps reducing its mobility when using its healing ability would make sense.

Civ:

The EOC repeater was under-appreciated by many in beta, but some realized its potential and terrorized the servers with their Infiltrators. Having dual EOC repeaters is much too powerful.  Again, with minimal aiming requirements the Civ can destroy mechs in a few button releases. If the Civ player has any aiming ability, players with other mechs are going to have a miserable game.  Unless everyone uses a Civ, and then now we are playing Call of Duty.  Perhaps increasing the heat gen on the EOC repeater would require the Civ player to exercise some jugment before firing.

Rocketeer:
What a great looking mech, and it really pulls off the air-superiority theme.  However, this mech has 2 minmal-aim-required weapons along with the G2 version capable of carrying 4 zero-aim turrets.  Its high enery capacity and energy regen means you can just keep your triggers down, float in the sky and rain death down upon the plebe mechs below.  Invisble mechs?  Lock-on and Fire!  Pesky Berzerker?  Jump, squeeze left trigger!  Nief?  Please.  

What the Rocketeer needs to be more interesting to play and play against is some skill requirement.  Perhaps require 2 second tracking on the seeker before it can fire.  Or increase heat gen or firing interval.  

Hellfire missiles.  I love how these look in the trailers, but they seem to be tracking too well in the game.  If the tracking logic can't be changed then maybe reduce the number of missiles fired, or increase the tracking time required before firing.

If nothing else changes, then reduce its energy level and regen so mechs that catch it in close range can have a nice snack.

Hawken is a brilliant game with a unique aesthetic which has maintained its appeal with great gameplay, and I'm thrilled to see the servers filled with active games during peak times.  I wish more people would play siege mode, but perhaps they will once the Unholy Trinity is fixed.

Edited by (PS4)kdesmo, 13 September 2016 - 03:43 PM.

(PS4)War_MachineXL

(PS4)War_MachineXL

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 121 posts
Best fix for the game is to stop playing. Reloaded has no idea what they're doing and are destroying this game just like APB. They're what 2 months behind now on their first patch? Sinking ship.

Also the only part of this post I agree with was the Rocketeer vs stealth mechs lock on should not happen.

CIV requires a good bit of skill with the slow velocity of the repeaters. Also it has no anti-air so hovering gives you a great advantage against them. Sure it's burst dmg is very high but the target has to be holding still or very good leading aim to hit every round.

Tech is the only class in the game that promotes team play. It has no burst dps and it's a light mech. Alone that mech is not a high threat and seems pretty balanced to me. The real problem is the inf healing with an Incenerator partner. Using the techs heat for ammo and the tech gets to keep healing.

Edit: Maybe they could tighten the cone for the Techs healing and deleting torch thing like they did for the seekers lock on cone.

Edited by (PS4)War_MachineXL, 14 September 2016 - 06:43 AM.

(PS4)peacecraftSLD

(PS4)peacecraftSLD

• PlayStation Members
  • 25 posts

The tracking is fine with the missiles. They are more difficult to use than you think to use them.

I'm on the fence about it locking on when invisible. Be a nice buff to the invisible mechs but then we would have to solely rely on vision to catch them sneaking around and I know most people aren't quite use to that just yet but it would be nice to see how it would play out at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users