Hawken Lacks Basic Thumbstick Functionality

- - - - - Legacy Thumbsticks

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

(Xbox)RaG nuh RocK

(Xbox)RaG nuh RocK

• Xbox Members
  • 2 posts

Just thought I'd drop by to make this post. Just downloaded this game, it looks great. First thing I looked for was thumbstick functionality, and I was and am still disappointed that Hawken doesn't have basic thumbstick layouts such as Legacy, Southpaw, etc... I've been playing with Legacy thumbstick setup since Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64 (it was default thumbstick layout). Legacy thumbstick configuration is simply a swapping of the X-axis on each stick. With default thumbstick layout (this is standard for all console games) you move forward/backward, left/right with the left stick and the right stick simply moves your crosshair around. On Legacy, move left/right on the left stick is swapped with look left/right on the right stick. Virtually every Triple A shooter on console has the Legacy and Southpaw thumbstick layout. With Southpaw, the stick's move/look inputs are swapped entirely.

I'd really love to see Legacy thumbsticks added to the game, it's such a shame to see good games come and go without ever playing them. I'm not very good with the default thumbstick layout that most games have, as I'm sure most people aren't very good playing Southpaw, inverted, or Legacy. I can't really enjoy the game to it's max potential with a thumbstick layout that makes me an easy target that can't aim very well. I'll check back from time to time to see if there have been any responses, but I'm not holding my breath. Thanks for reading!

Edited by (Xbox)RaG nuh RocK, 02 October 2016 - 06:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users