8 replies to this topic

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

https://community.pl...te-november-15/

This should not have been posted in Hawken PC forums.

(I posted this here as a small rant for anyone who gives a damn or cares to comment...about things that... well it is smarter for me not to mention)

Edited by Xer06siX, 16 November 2016 - 07:55 PM.

• DemitronPrime likes this

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Yes, it is a dev update that directly correlates to PC Hawken.  I don't see why this is a question.

Edited by Silverfire, 16 November 2016 - 07:55 PM.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

This is a question because...Ehem...Silver...if you have been around long enough to realize...that this game has not seen an update in two years.

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

This is a question because...Ehem...Silver...if you have been around long enough to realize...

I've been around nearly as long as some of the longest tenured veterans around.

that this game has not seen an update in two years.

So? How is this fact relevant to c05 posting an update on developmental work on Hawken? Shouldn't this indicate that the devs are working towards an update? How is the dev thread not an update regarding PC Hawken? Care to elaborate?

Edited by Silverfire, 16 November 2016 - 08:15 PM.

• Miscellaneous, claisolais, Amidatelion and 4 others like this

lNM7VnC.png

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

I've been around nearly as long as some of the longest tenured veterans around.

So? How is this fact relevant to c05 posting an update on developmental work on Hawken? Shouldn't this indicate that the devs are working towards an update? How is the dev thread not an update regarding PC Hawken? Care to elaborate?

How long is that now?

This is relevant because these kind of "updates" have been coming along for the last two and a half years to be more specific, with nothing to show for it.

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

How long is that now?

This is relevant because these kind of "updates" have been coming along for the last two and a half years to be more specific, with nothing to show for it.

I've been in Hawken since 2012.

I don't know if you missed this post:

There's honestly not much work left to do on PC that wouldn't also apply to consoles. The goal is to add reasons to keep playing the game, ultimately. That is platform agnostic.

We're betting that some of the stuff we're doing in Content Update 3 (which will hopefully launch around the same time as PC relaunch) will actually add those reasons.
If you want me to go into technical detail, well, there's only really database merging to be done (adding in and sync'ing up the two backends which contain Mech stats) and better integration from our development pipeline to Steam. Those are the only two major technical issues that apply to PC.

I absolutely enjoy my job here working with the team. I can't remember the last time I was excited to get up every day to start working at any of my previous jobs.
But it's still a business, and that is taken into consideration too when we make decisions.

Right now sticking to the plan is, well, our plan.
If we sidetrack too much from what we're doing now, we'll have a ton of incomplete systems, buggy code, and an overall messy relaunch. We don't want that to happen.

We know how important this game is to you (as it is to us) and we want to make sure it's perfect before doing it right. With the PC relaunch, we have one opportunity to make a big impression on people.
That's why it's taken years to get where we are now. Good things are worth waiting for.

Any updates going to console is going to end up on PC Hawken.  That's how all the dev updates regarding console stuff is relevant to PC Hawken.

• Miscellaneous, _incitatus, Knowledge70 and 2 others like this

lNM7VnC.png

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

There are many features out for console that are not out on PC which came out first. Bread and butter. Spread the love, I have been a strong advocate for the console ports for a long time, it's a good thing to see. Not at the abuse of HPC.

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

There are many features out for console that are not out on PC which came out first. Bread and butter. Spread the love, I have been a strong advocate for the console ports for a long time, it's a good thing to see. Not at the abuse of HPC.

It was more wise to do the console release and then work on a unified codebase after the other port was completed so that it's easy to work across all three. Constantly updating PC while trying to develop a console port would've complicated things unnecessarily for console port focused devs.  PC Hawken, while not updated for 2 years is already in a very stable state as a game. So to say HPC is being 'abused' I think is rather strong of a phrase.  PC Hawken has pretty stayed the same in terms of playerbase for quite some time.  And it's pretty steady.

Whereas I'm not thrilled with this path of development, I can see why the current path was taken and can understand the merits of taking that path.

Edited by Silverfire, 16 November 2016 - 09:25 PM.

• Knowledge70 and Xer06siX like this

lNM7VnC.png

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Yes, because it contains information relevant to PC - aka the early next year date, plus all the content in that update will make its way to PC at the relaunch.

If you would rather me make a two-sentence update about all the things you're getting at the time of posting and keep content locked away to those console forums, I can start doing that. But I won't, because that's pointless and you guys all deserve to give feedback on things that will eventually come to PC.

Closing.

• Robscancer, crockrocket, Miscellaneous and 12 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users