8 replies to this topic

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Hi Reloaded,

Have the locations where the Singapore servers are hosted changed?  I used to get 76ms ping which was quite playable but I just checked tonight and my ping is over 400ms.  It's either a few things.  It is either the routing my ISP is using from here in Western Australia to Singapore (and potentially a broken route somewhere) or the location has moved.  Be good to get your feedback.  I simply cannot play at that high a ping.  

Deathstrike_666

Deathstrike_666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

The route the connection takes is messed up for the Singapore servers from Australia. Using Ping Plotter I found that the route I was getting had it being sent to America first before being sent back to Singapore. This is why we are now getting high ping in those servers

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Which means I now can't play.  As there is no-one generally on the Oz servers and my ping to Singapore has now gone up by 400ms, no way I can play and enjoy the experience.  

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

I think it's safe to say that the Australian servers are essentially dead until Reloaded give us an incentive to return. We Australians also tend to be a minority so we are probably are not too high on the "to-do" list when it comes to things to fix.

Deathstrike_666

Deathstrike_666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Well I still play on the Asian servers (The Tokyo ones) and USA servers pretty much with around 200 ping and I do fine :P

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I haven't been able to play Singapore for ages.

I doubt it is something that Reloaded can do anything about.

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

I wonder if any of that routing goes near either of these.... (I haven't done a trace so can't say)

http://subtelforum.c...-eastern-india/

http://subtelforum.c...ables-restored/

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Found the problem.  I remember seeing the routing uses Vocus at times.  Looks like the cable has been cut again.  

http://status.vocus....?IncidentID=217

So in short, Vocus have a failed circuit and traffic is re-routed.  Therefore ping will be high till it's fixed.  So not a Reloaded issue.  

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

My singapore issues have nothing to do with the sea-me-we-3 cable unfortunately.

I just get one really atrocious hop into singapore that adds well over 100ms and ruins my latency.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users