• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Hey guys, just added a new video to my youtube. Thought I would share with you, we had some decent lobbies today which doesn't happen too often. Please enjoy. Don't mind the music lol

• Guns_N_Rozer, eth0 and Rainbow_Sheep like this

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Didn't you retire like 5 times?

• Elite_is_salty and eth0 like this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

it's impossibru to do retire from hawken , if so there will be no pilot  :yucky:

• ReversusRex likes this

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

6 T_T

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Asking the real questions

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

I'm not bashing video just some thoughts on what i see. Watching this even with quadra kills and all there's no feeling of wOAAH i wanna do that too! It's an opposite reaction. I wanna stay away from this. All that zoomy jerky action. Two guns with different reload times. One that can be used without zooming another that only accurate with zoom on. So unintuitive. Add to that dodging while zoomed..  so messy. Yes i'm bad with sharpshooter and for someone that just starting or interested in hawken this probably looks like total mess. Looks too fast and at the same time too slow. I just can't explain it better.

gaga_5.gif

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
Well in that kind of lobby I'm not saying you would but most people would quit. That type of sniping is required, your not just gonna be standing in one spot and expect great outcome and that's what people don't understand. You have to move ALOT, my DPI is high on my mouse so the reactions look like that. I wouldn't expect many people to understand that.

In terms of someone new asking "hey, I wanna learn sharpshooter is there any videos or someone I can watch" That's the level you would wanna watch. The reload times make sense since one is a powershot so I expect the cool down to be longer.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

That type of sniping is required, your not just gonna be standing in one spot and expect great outcome and that's what people don't understand. You have to move ALOT

Yeah, and to add to that, Facility in particular requires even more fast SS movement and quickscoping than on other maps. The close-range underground area and long-range areas above ground plus the ease of transitioning between them for both teams means you need to constantly reposition based on where enemies are. Quickscoping is absolutely necessary at distances between almost contact shots out to midrange because you have to avoid damage and keep situational awareness while also staying accurate and getting the damage bonus from scoping.

If you're staying roughly in the same portion of the map (e.g. the Prosk or Front Line bridge) firing from longer range then it isn't nearly as vital to descope after each shot because it's easier to monitor the paths to you at a distance and the other team is usually occupied with yours anyway. It can even be detrimental to unnecessarily zoom in and out in that situation since a lot of the time you'll only have a split second to hit small portions of targets as they move in and out of cover.

Edited by JeffMagnum, 18 December 2016 - 05:06 PM.

d1eZeG3.png

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Yeah, and to add to that, Facility in particular requires even more fast SS movement and quickscoping than on other maps. The close-range underground area and long-range areas above ground plus the ease of transitioning between them for both teams means you need to constantly reposition based on where enemies are. Quickscoping is absolutely necessary at distances between almost contact shots out to midrange because you have to avoid damage and keep situational awareness while also staying accurate and getting the damage bonus from scoping.

If you're staying roughly in the same portion of the map (e.g. the Prosk or Front Line bridge) firing from longer range then it isn't nearly as vital to descope after each shot because it's easier to monitor the paths to you at a distance and the other team is usually occupied with yours anyway. It can even be detrimental to unnecessarily zoom in and out in that situation since a lot of the time you'll only have a split second to hit small portions of targets as they move in and out of cover.

Which is why when it comes to Bazaar its just SS Heaven, instead of Bunker being my favorite map. There is so much team position thats spread out that, most of those angles you can just poke, while have people to close in on targets. The good thing about a map like that is even when  a pred/infil is playing on enemy team, you can easily point them out. Still a lot of movement is required due to the size of the map, and fights happen in random spots on it. Not just one area.

ReversusRex

ReversusRex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

I'm not bashing video just some thoughts on what i see. Watching this even with quadra kills and all there's no feeling of wOAAH i wanna do that too! It's an opposite reaction. I wanna stay away from this. All that zoomy jerky action. Two guns with different reload times. One that can be used without zooming another that only accurate with zoom on. So unintuitive. Add to that dodging while zoomed..  so messy. Yes i'm bad with sharpshooter and for someone that just starting or interested in hawken this probably looks like total mess. Looks too fast and at the same time too slow. I just can't explain it better.

I think part of what adds to that feeling of it looking "too fast" and "too slow" at the same time is his combination of smaller FOV and higher sensitivity. His high sensitivity makes the camera pan fast yet he is moving fast across a small field, making it a little disorienting. I'm guessing you play at 100+ fov and lower sensitivity?

Edited by ReversusRex, 18 December 2016 - 06:37 PM.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

i dont see any probs. pop-scoping to hit accurate, and kill ftw.

but yeh, fix the music. rather be bored with actual sounds or you voice.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

i dont see any probs. pop-scoping to hit accurate, and kill ftw.

but yeh, fix the music. rather be bored with actual sounds or you voice.

I was listening to that while playing , can't fix lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users