Cross platform play?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

(PS4)FiST_Rocky

(PS4)FiST_Rocky

• PlayStation Members
  • 4 posts

In the Happy Birthday news,  you mention the PC version will catch up to the changes of the console versions.  If all versions will then be nearly the same, could we then have cross platform play,  like with War Thunder? WT players can play against each other using PC (Windows and Linux), MAC, and PS4. Sadly, not Xbox but that is due only to Microsoft not allowing it to happen,  yet. Doing this,  the servers would never be idle, and the community would become one huge single one. Just a thought,  for expansion. 

• (PS4)frostdragon2013 likes this

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

We're researching our options, but nothing to share at this time regarding cross-play.

• (PS4)FiST_Rocky and (PS4)frostdragon2013 like this

(PS4)Kirchiri

(PS4)Kirchiri

• PlayStation Members
  • 22 posts
I could see cross platform for consoles but do not mix PC players with consoles. The keyboard and mouse are far superior to controller and console players would get crushed. After playing both platforms for a long time I can safely say console players would get destroyed by nature of the input device.

I would love xbox and PS4 cross play though, that would be a fair balance and would double the size of the console community.

Edited by (PS4)Kirchiri, 21 December 2016 - 09:10 AM.

(PS4)FiST_Rocky

(PS4)FiST_Rocky

• PlayStation Members
  • 4 posts

I could see cross platform for consoles but do not mix PC players with consoles. The keyboard and mouse are far superior to controller and console players would get crushed. After playing both platforms for a long time I can safely say console players would get destroyed by nature of the input device.

I would love xbox and PS4 cross play though, that would be a fair balance and would double the size of the console community.

In some games,  that would be true. But having played War Thunder for some time now only on my PS4, which means I've been playing against PC,  MAC,  and Linux players. Except for the low graphics cheaters (turning off grass, bushes, and many trees even if having a high-end PC), I have been able to do well enough. And seriously, doing a circle attack, a controller or joystick would be more of an advantage than a mouse. It would only help the zoomed in sniper mechs the most, due to the fine movements needed for an exact shot. 

(PS4)Kirchiri

(PS4)Kirchiri

• PlayStation Members
  • 22 posts
I've never played warthunder so I can't speak to that. Have you played Hawken on PC? Not trying to be rude but I've put hundreds of hours on PC and scouts will run circles around console players and be more accurate with their weapons. Scouts on console are like slow toddlers in comparison, no offense but it's the perfect analogy.

Maybe make a separate matchmaking for console and PC so those that want that experience can but don't make it a full transition. That way those that want to play on console exclusively still can.

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

On planetside a M+K warrior can gun down controler users in droves

• (PS4)Kirchiri likes this

Most posts i make are taken from members of a large hawken community called krimson's cutthroat commandos o7

i'm a JOBS pilot who takes the souls of brave scouts

i play sharpshooter and vytro at long range because point blank is long range right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users