Make Hawken's lore more pronounced in the game

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

(PS4)Mycoth

(PS4)Mycoth

• PlayStation Members
  • 6 posts

Hawken has a rich backstory, which is, surprisingly, touched upon very mildly in the game. I do not understand how this is so - considering many players will experience Hawken's universe only through the game, I wonder why it's lore isn't presented in greater detail, since it adds the context and gives a sense of purpose and a point of origin for mechs and the world they inhabit.

Specifically, make it more graphic. The current lore of the mechs shows an insight to the mechs' origins and its previous functions in the economy, before the Hawken virus struck and the battle for resources began. Why not include some pictures, small graphic depictions of the presented lore?
For instance, Kerby mech served as an everyday tool for peasants before it was fitted for war. This is a great fragment of trivia, as it brings this mech to life by showing its history. Supplement this with graphical content and you have an engrossing story, one which compels you to play the mech. Or you could make short videos of mechs, where you present them and how they were used in the past.

Also, present the context of the maps. Every map in the game has a context. Why are there floating stones in Facility? What happened on the Origin map in the Hawken story? Literally every detail of the game has a deliberate place in Hawken's story and it is completely neglected in its presentation.

• (PS4)FiST_Rocky, (PS4)frostdragon2013 and (PS4)angierico like this

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Yes I found myself reading the lore of all the mechs and pieced things together but having short videos would be koo... also a comic/graphic novel would be a great way to give the game more story
  • (PS4)FiST_Rocky and (PS4)frostdragon2013 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users