- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

SecretSociety

SecretSociety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hi, I have a problem when joining a server, I use hawken without steam so i just open the Hawken.exe, it loads normally I join with my acc and all ok, but when i try to join in a match  it starts to load saying:_Connecting... and after it stop,  1 min after it say, Your connection to the host has been lost , but my internet is working cz i can join in google. youtube etc. also when i open steam for playing hawken from it, steam say me error in the connection. does anyone know how to fix it? I can't join in a single match. 

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

First comparing internet access to google or youtube to anything else is pretty meaningless to be honest, its comparing apples to oranges.  Two completely different types of network traffic on completely different ports.  Just because access to the internet (normally TCP protocol on port 80) is forwarded and works correctly, it does not mean that ALL other traffic is forwarded also.  For example, perhaps someone locked down the router to prevent all other traffic from forwarding the traffic except for port 80, so that only web browsing would work correctly, that could explain why Hawken doesn't work correctly.  

Secondly, what is the EXACT message that steam says when you try to open Hawken from within steam?  Do all your other games work correctly?

The issue could be a setting for the firewall on the computer, or a setting inside the router, or could even be ISP related.  You never mention if this is home residence, work, or school.  If its work or school (location or the equipment) it could be that specific traffic is blocked on purpose.

If this is on a home residence you could check your firewall settings for Hawken or completely disable the firewall and try to connect and see if all the sudden it works.  Don't forget to re-enable the firewall after testing.  If that worked then obviously Hawken isn't setup in the firewall correctly, one way to easily fix this would be to delete the Hawken profile in the firewall settings (if there is one) and reopen Hawken, which should throw a popup displaying a message to allow access.

If that doesn't work, the issue could be with the router. Check your UPNP settings on the router, it sounds like its not automatically forwarding the specific ports Hawken wants and uses to communicate.  You could manually forward the specific ports to a specific IP address on your internal network, but unless you have set up specific restrictions to lock a specific computer to one specific IP address, that is unadvised because the DHCP could hand it a different ip address on the next DHCP lease request (normally every 24 hours).

If I remember correctly, Hawken uses ports 7777, 7778, 7779, 27900 and maybe some others.  It might even need every port from 7777 through 7797, I forget really its been so long since anyone had to worry with it, your router should be smart enough that it shouldn't matter, if it isn't I'd get a new router ASAP.

It could also be an issue with your ISP blocking specific ports, one way to test would be to temporarily move the computer either to the DMZ, or directly to the modem with the firewall off and test.

Either way, its going to require some work and both access to router settings, and some networking know how, and from what I've read so far, you might be a little outside of your ability.

• SecretSociety likes this

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

SecretSociety

SecretSociety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

FyWHIXu.png

N2pVT3U.png

That's how it's actually, I changed my Wi-Fi for neighbor one and i could play normally. before these problems , I was tweaking router settings and this problem started but i restored the settings, i could play yesterday  but today the issue came out again  and the match just say me "Your  connection to the host has been lost" , I have always played with my wifi without this problem 

Update; I restored the router settings and Iīts working , hope it dont crash anymore, Thanks for your help, it was very useful

Edited by SecretSociety, 29 December 2016 - 08:00 PM.

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Update; I restored the router settings and Iīts working , hope it dont crash anymore, Thanks for your help, it was very useful

Well, thats odd that you restored settings and now all the sudden its working, but thats really how it should of been in the first place, I'd say the vast majority of users never have to get their hands dirty trying to fiddle with router settings.  I've had good luck with Netgear equipment, but lately I've been really impressed with ASUS routers, so much so that its now my main router.

Two more things from the info you posted though, check the Upnp settings WHILE or just after you have been playing Hawken, there should be port numbers and the internal IP address they are forwarding to listed in the list, the picture you posted is empty, most likely because nothing on your network ever sent any requests to the router.  But again, if its actually doing anything, you'll see a listing of ports and ip addresses.  Upnp is supposed to timeout and drop items off the list after a specified time in the settings somewhere, most routers I've worked with have been defaulted to 30 minutes.

And the DMZ is known as a DeMilitarized Zone, meaning that any thing on that address is unshielded from any restrictions or protections on your router.  The info you posted is blank, which is fine and normally the way to set it up, but if you wanted to move a computer to the DMZ for testing, you'd simply enter the IP address of the computer in the line provided, and click enable.  I wouldn't place a computer on the DMZ for anything longer than about 10 or 20 minutes, but it would at least let you test things and see where the issue is, meaning if it still had an issue while set to the DMZ, it would be a problem on the specific computer, if not it'd be an issue with the router.  It would at least allow you to isolate where the problem is at is all.

Anyways, good luck and hope it stays working.

[DELETED]

SecretSociety

SecretSociety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Well, thats odd that you restored settings and now all the sudden its working, but thats really how it should of been in the first place, I'd say the vast majority of users never have to get their hands dirty trying to fiddle with router settings.  I've had good luck with Netgear equipment, but lately I've been really impressed with ASUS routers, so much so that its now my main router.

Two more things from the info you posted though, check the Upnp settings WHILE or just after you have been playing Hawken, there should be port numbers and the internal IP address they are forwarding to listed in the list, the picture you posted is empty, most likely because nothing on your network ever sent any requests to the router.  But again, if its actually doing anything, you'll see a listing of ports and ip addresses.  Upnp is supposed to timeout and drop items off the list after a specified time in the settings somewhere, most routers I've worked with have been defaulted to 30 minutes.

And the DMZ is known as a DeMilitarized Zone, meaning that any thing on that address is unshielded from any restrictions or protections on your router.  The info you posted is blank, which is fine and normally the way to set it up, but if you wanted to move a computer to the DMZ for testing, you'd simply enter the IP address of the computer in the line provided, and click enable.  I wouldn't place a computer on the DMZ for anything longer than about 10 or 20 minutes, but it would at least let you test things and see where the issue is, meaning if it still had an issue while set to the DMZ, it would be a problem on the specific computer, if not it'd be an issue with the router.  It would at least allow you to isolate where the problem is at is all.

Anyways, good luck and hope it stays working.

The problem stays, I just tried to play and it's not working , I dont understand much what u trying to say, I dont know english langauge enough, If you cuold say me what exactacly must I do. thanks

ntl4Un3.png

PD: when I check the ping with CMD "Ping google.com" it says 

Request time out

Edited by SecretSociety, 30 December 2016 - 01:26 PM.

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

The problem stays, I just tried to play and it's not working , I dont understand much what u trying to say, I dont know english langauge enough, If you cuold say me what exactacly must I do. thanks

PD: when I check the ping with CMD "Ping google.com" it says 

Request time out

Yes, trying to communicate when there is a language barrier in the way makes things more difficult.

First, I'd reset the router to factory defaults.

What happens when you type "ping 8.8.8.8" and "tracert 8.8.8.8" and "tracert google.com" at a command prompt??

[DELETED]

SecretSociety

SecretSociety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I think something bigger is wrong with this, becouse i have been noticing my router lose internet connection, Internet led turn off some times,no much but it does. before the router didn't have that problem, In these days i was reading pages about MTU and i just changed that value in laptopt and router for 1664, also I used MAC filter for blocking someone in wifi, and I saw a setting wich it said IoPE something like, i changed for PPPE or i dont remember  when I did this inmediatly I lost connection and I just reset reset the router to factory defaults.  , idk if it's my ISP or router because before I used to restore settings and it worked normally I am going to wait until 11 pm to know if it works, I read in steam this: "If you notice that your Steam connection only has issues during certain hours of the day (for example in the evenings between 5pm and 11pm), it is possible that your ISP is blocking or "shaping" your connection.  Please test your connection at other hours of the day and contact your ISP directly if you believe this is causing the connection issue" I  could get into game at 10:58 yesterday lol. 4aLK3LW.png

Tracert google.com showed me same result to tracert 8.8.8.8

Update: waiting at 11 pm didnt work .

Last update: i restored deafault settings and it works inmediiatly. so I'm soo confused what is the problem, the most probably is that it will crash for tomorrow. I turn off the wifi all nights YI2I53b.png

Edited by SecretSociety, 30 December 2016 - 08:36 PM.

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Well changing MTU values shouldn't kill anything, so I don't think the problem would be there.

It failing after you changed from whatever the default was to PPPoE makes sense because PPPoE is a type of tunneling protocol, when you run PPPoE, you also need a username and password.  Its a very common practice on DSL modem setups, not so common on cable modem infrastructure.  If your ISP doesn't use PPPoE then that explains why it didn't work when you modified the router to use it.

Normally PPPoE is enabled and setup inside the DSL modem settings, and the router is just set to automatic.  You can however move the PPPoE username and password from the DSL modem settings to the router settings, but then you need to make the DSL modem operate in "bridge mode".  At that point the DSL modem just becomes a simple pass through translator. 

If your system seems to die out after one day (24 hours) of working correctly, it could be a DHCP lease issue, where the computer is not getting a new lease after the old one has expired maybe.  I ran into this issue with a crappy Wifi repeater I used to use to get a better signal downstairs on the far side of the house.  I had to do some hacks to get it to work by disabling DHCP on the repeater, and forcing it to pass the DHCP information from the router instead.

Open a cmd prompt and type "ipconfig /all" and take a look under one of the network connections you'll see these two settings.

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, December 30, 2016 12:25:42 PM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, December 31, 2016 12:25:43 PM

If your system works correctly before the lease expires, and fails after the lease has expired,open a cmd prompt again and type "ipconfig /release" followed by "ipconfig /renew" and see if all the sudden it starts working again.  If it does it might confirm the problem is with DHCP leases.  Also take note the IP address before (when the lease was expired) and after you renewed it, to see if it is the same or different.  Normally unless another computer has come online during the time the old lease expired and before it requested a new lease, it will just assign the same IP address as before.

If possible maybe you can try another router, it could be that the one you are using has failed internally.  Maybe see if theres a new firmware for it at the company's support website.

Oh, sounds like you want to prevent someone on your WiFi and if someone keeps getting into your WIFI even after you create new passcodes, make sure you turn off WPS, and they will no longer be able to decode your new passcodes.  I used to check all the neighbors routers for that vulnerability for fun.  Thats when I discovered the neighbors ASUS router was smart enough to stop allowing me to spam requests to it after so many failures.  It required I send a few requests and then wait a few minutes to continue, I set a timer script and let it run and after 6 days it finally responded with the WiFi settings and I was able to get on their network.

I hope you are able to use something like google translate to convert my technical english to your native language, and I hope that the translate works correctly and you are able to make some sort of sense out of it.   :smile:

• SecretSociety likes this

[DELETED]

SecretSociety

SecretSociety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Well changing MTU values shouldn't kill anything, so I don't think the problem would be there.

It failing after you changed from whatever the default was to PPPoE makes sense because PPPoE is a type of tunneling protocol, when you run PPPoE, you also need a username and password.  Its a very common practice on DSL modem setups, not so common on cable modem infrastructure.  If your ISP doesn't use PPPoE then that explains why it didn't work when you modified the router to use it.

Normally PPPoE is enabled and setup inside the DSL modem settings, and the router is just set to automatic.  You can however move the PPPoE username and password from the DSL modem settings to the router settings, but then you need to make the DSL modem operate in "bridge mode".  At that point the DSL modem just becomes a simple pass through translator. 

If your system seems to die out after one day (24 hours) of working correctly, it could be a DHCP lease issue, where the computer is not getting a new lease after the old one has expired maybe.  I ran into this issue with a crappy Wifi repeater I used to use to get a better signal downstairs on the far side of the house.  I had to do some hacks to get it to work by disabling DHCP on the repeater, and forcing it to pass the DHCP information from the router instead.

Open a cmd prompt and type "ipconfig /all" and take a look under one of the network connections you'll see these two settings.

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, December 30, 2016 12:25:42 PM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, December 31, 2016 12:25:43 PM

If your system works correctly before the lease expires, and fails after the lease has expired,open a cmd prompt again and type "ipconfig /release" followed by "ipconfig /renew" and see if all the sudden it starts working again.  If it does it might confirm the problem is with DHCP leases.  Also take note the IP address before (when the lease was expired) and after you renewed it, to see if it is the same or different.  Normally unless another computer has come online during the time the old lease expired and before it requested a new lease, it will just assign the same IP address as before.

If possible maybe you can try another router, it could be that the one you are using has failed internally.  Maybe see if theres a new firmware for it at the company's support website.

Oh, sounds like you want to prevent someone on your WiFi and if someone keeps getting into your WIFI even after you create new passcodes, make sure you turn off WPS, and they will no longer be able to decode your new passcodes.  I used to check all the neighbors routers for that vulnerability for fun.  Thats when I discovered the neighbors ASUS router was smart enough to stop allowing me to spam requests to it after so many failures.  It required I send a few requests and then wait a few minutes to continue, I set a timer script and let it run and after 6 days it finally responded with the WiFi settings and I was able to get on their network.

I hope you are able to use something like google translate to convert my technical english to your native language, and I hope that the translate works correctly and you are able to make some sort of sense out of it.   :smile:

Thanks for you help, after the last reseting it didnt crash, my ISP isn't that good anyways. 

Edited by SecretSociety, 01 January 2017 - 06:06 PM.

• SS396 likes this

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Thanks for you help, after the last reseting it didnt crash, my ISP isn't that good anyways. 

Well, lets hope it stays working.

Good Luck!!

And Happy New Year.

[DELETED]

SecretSociety

SecretSociety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Well, lets hope it stays working.

Good Luck!!

And Happy New Year.

Hi and happy new year xd, Dude the problem still, I found this, maybe itīs the problem. Do you know how to fix it? 

The Last MAC is mineu6Qm3dZ.png

Edited by SecretSociety, 03 January 2017 - 01:46 PM.

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Hi and happy new year xd, Dude the problem still, I found this, maybe itīs the problem. Do you know how to fix it? 

The Last MAC is mine

Hello, I just happened to be online, lol.

Well, do you have that computer set to be a static IP address (in windows) for some reason?  If yes, then that explains why the lease is expired.  If not, then that could be your problem.

open a cmd prompt and type "ipconfig /all" that will show if DHCP is enabled or not.  If it isn't you have the PC set to be a static address which is perfectly fine, if not then there is a problem with the computer requesting a new lease after it has expired.

We are getting closer.

I would set the PC to use DHCP.

Go here and do the each of the steps.  Hopefullly you can use your native language in the lower left corner too.   :thumbsup:

https://support.micr...tcp-ip-settings

Just make sure that in steps 4, 5 and 6, you only do ONE of each of the steps.  You want the one that says "get IP settings automatically"

Good luck.

[DELETED]

SecretSociety

SecretSociety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hello, I just happened to be online, lol.

Well, do you have that computer set to be a static IP address (in windows) for some reason?  If yes, then that explains why the lease is expired.  If not, then that could be your problem.

open a cmd prompt and type "ipconfig /all" that will show if DHCP is enabled or not.  If it isn't you have the PC set to be a static address which is perfectly fine, if not then there is a problem with the computer requesting a new lease after it has expired.

We are getting closer.

I would set the PC to use DHCP.

Go here and do the each of the steps.  Hopefullly you can use your native language in the lower left corner too.   :thumbsup:

https://support.micr...tcp-ip-settings

Just make sure that in steps 4, 5 and 6, you only do ONE of each of the steps.  You want the one that says "get IP settings automatically"

Good luck.

For joining in router settings, I must type 3 numbers in IPv4: 192.168.1.184 - 255.255.255.0 - 192.168.1.254. when I am in router settings I dont have internet connection. typing "ipconfig /all"  the lease say:

Lease obtained. . . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:14:25 p.m
Lease expires. . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 6:14:27 p.m

I dont know if I am looking for a problem where there isnīt , I always have changed settings in router and I just restore default settings and everything get normal, today the problems was soo I went in router settings and watched this lease thing, I just clicked submit without changing values, my internet get normal again, anyways since 15/01/2017 I will get 4 Mbps internet and maybe tomorrow ISP will change all conection cables, My ISP use telephone red for giving me internet, those cables are soo old more than 5 years Sometimes when I do the ping with promp it loses some data, I do it again and it doesnt lose anyting, itīs not stable, sometimes lose all other ones no, I have neighbor WIFI password  from same ISP and it's normal, that one was installed about 2 months or less. actually I can play, I will try to find the problem if it exist in my router, cz my laptop is ok. thank you, your knowledge helped me hard, If i wouldn't asked for that lease I was thinking it was the problem. lets hope that changing  Megas and changing all those cables and all  it get fixed. Thanks!!!

Edited by SecretSociety, 03 January 2017 - 06:54 PM.

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

For joining in router settings, I must type 3 numbers in IPv4: 192.168.1.184 - 255.255.255.0 - 192.168.1.254.

Ok, that looks as if you are assigning a static IP address in the TCP/IP settings for some reason, there should be nothing wrong with doing that (I use obtain automatically),

192.168.1.184 is the computers address
255.255.255.0, the subnet
and 192.168.1.254 the default gateway.

when I am in router settings I dont have internet connection.

That is not normal, and I don't know what would be stopping it.

typing "ipconfig /all"  the lease say:

Lease obtained. . . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:14:25 p.m
Lease expires. . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 6:14:27 p.m

That shows that a DHCP lease is being correctly obtained, so it appears to be working correctly, the question is does the computer request another lease AFTER that one expires (Wednesday, January 4, 2017 6:14:27 p.m).

After doing a bit of reading, this might be related to a recent bug with Windows 10, if you can get onto a working network can you check your Windows updates, and make sure kb3206632 is installed as soon as possible? I think it might solve the problem.  At least from what I've been reading, people with similar issues are reporting that it solved their issues.
https://support.micr...pdate-kb3206632

I dont know if I am looking for a problem where there isnīt , I always have changed settings in router and I just restore default settings and everything get normal, today the problems was soo I went in router settings and watched this lease thing, I just clicked submit without changing values, my internet get normal again, anyways since 15/01/2017 I will get 4 Mbps internet and maybe tomorrow ISP will change all conection cables, My ISP use telephone red for giving me internet, those cables are soo old more than 5 years Sometimes when I do the ping with promp it loses some data, I do it again and it doesnt lose anyting, itīs not stable, sometimes lose all other ones no, I have neighbor WIFI password  from same ISP and it's normal, that one was installed about 2 months or less. actually I can play, I will try to find the problem if it exist in my router, cz my laptop is ok. thank you, your knowledge helped me hard, If i wouldn't asked for that lease I was thinking it was the problem. lets hope that changing  Megas and changing all those cables and all  it get fixed. Thanks!!!

No problem, you'll be a network pro soon, but I have a feeling this might be a bug in Windows 10.

I hope that patch fixes it.  I wish you more luck.

[DELETED]

SecretSociety

SecretSociety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Ok, that looks as if you are assigning a static IP address in the TCP/IP settings for some reason, there should be nothing wrong with doing that (I use obtain automatically),

192.168.1.184 is the computers address
255.255.255.0, the subnet
and 192.168.1.254 the default gateway.

That is not normal, and I don't know what would be stopping it.

That shows that a DHCP lease is being correctly obtained, so it appears to be working correctly, the question is does the computer request another lease AFTER that one expires (Wednesday, January 4, 2017 6:14:27 p.m).

After doing a bit of reading, this might be related to a recent bug with Windows 10, if you can get onto a working network can you check your Windows updates, and make sure kb3206632 is installed as soon as possible? I think it might solve the problem.  At least from what I've been reading, people with similar issues are reporting that it solved their issues.
https://support.micr...pdate-kb3206632

No problem, you'll be a network pro soon, but I have a feeling this might be a bug in Windows 10.

I hope that patch fixes it.  I wish you more luck.

Hi , I just wanted say my internet got fixed, ISP came and changed all my connection from Router to power poles, the technician said me those cables was in very bad condition and almost broken, I dont have that problem since 3 days ago. Thanks 

Edited by SecretSociety, 06 January 2017 - 02:23 PM.

• SS396 likes this

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Hi , I just wanted say my internet got fixed, ISP came and changed all my connection from Router to power poles, the technician said me those cables was in very bad condition and almost broken, I dont have that problem since 3 days ago. Thanks 

That is great to hear my friend!!

I'm glad it is working, and have fun enjoying that new internet!!!   :smile:

[DELETED]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users