Photo

Broken - Picking Server to play on (or 931D9C29)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Hi Reloaded,

I tried to play Hawken tonight and decided I would select the closest servers to me with the best ping.  My ping to the Singapore servers in the Asia region is about 76ms at max.  This is an ideal ping for me to play at.  My ping to the servers marked "ASIA" is 240ms+, not an ideal ping to play at.

Since the changes to the matchmaking it seems as though the number of instances of the dreaded 931D9C29 errors are more numerous.  If I select a match (say TDM) and then click on launch, the matchmaker will then do it's "magic" and get me a game fairly quickly and I am dropped into a lobby ready to blast some mechs.  The problem is that the matchmaker continually puts me on the ASIA server DESPITE THERE BEING A SERVER IN SINGAPORE WITH PLAYERS ON IT AND FREE SLOTS.

If I manually try and join the servers that I would like to play on (you know so it's a bit competitive) I try and select the server and then get the dreaded 931D9C29 error.  If I try again, and even after a new player has joined that server, again I get 931D9C29.  If the match switches over and a new map loaded and the lobby is accepting players, again I get 931D9C29.  Tried multiple times and eventually just gave up.

I can only assume that (1) the matchmaker IS NOT TAKING INTO ACCOUNT the closest server; (2) it is being discouraged to pick a server so you are forced to use the automatic match maker; (3) there is a bug that has gotten worse over time and now makes me exit the game instead of sticking around and playing.

Can someone look at this.  I will log a seperate case through the repair bay.

• WillyW likes this

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Weird. The matchmaker is only supposed to find servers from the current region you have selected at the top drop down menu. Are you 100% certain that you didn't have the wrong region selected when you used the matchmaker? 

I will agree with you about the first part, though. I have noticed it nearly impossible to use the server browser to manually find games. Its like 9/10 times, even if the server is within my range and not full, it still refuses to allow me to join it when I try to.

Edited by WillyW, 05 February 2017 - 05:33 AM.

2XhpJes.png

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

The problem is the ASIA" region consists of servers that are in Japan and Singapore.  The Japan (old Tokyo servers) have a ping (for me) at over 200ms while the Singapore servers have a ping of around 76ms.  My normal region is Oceania (being in Australia) but no-one is ever on anymore so Singapore is my next best bit.  

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Oh, right. My bad. Yeah, I can understand how that can be frustrating, since the server browser has been essentially useless for manually joining games.

2XhpJes.png

ReversusRex

ReversusRex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

The matchmaker is probably having the same issue with connecting you to those servers that the server browser is.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

From a comment by c05 (appologies if my paraphrasing is wrong)

That error is the clients inability to represent the message that you are considered unfit for the match according to the new logic? The MMR spread allowed to browse into a match is much narrower than it used to be.

I can only browse into matches very close to my calculated MMR (or higher i think). The star ratings are proper broken right now. You should use herokuapp to check the server MMR and compare it to your MMR so that we can estimate if you fall into this situation.

This is supposed to be fixed by the relaunch.

EDIT: and matchmaker has never taken best ping into account as it can't calculate ping until you lauch into a match. Cart before horse stuff.

Edited by 6ixxer, 05 February 2017 - 05:03 PM.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

yah.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

the last few sessions i had also displayed this behavior to me, 2+ tdms (white not gray) not full not changing maps keeps failing to connect manualy and matchmaker even fails sending me in an empty server. only repeatedly clicking and retrying works on said server after unknown random time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users