Photo

Joining Steam: having trouble getting support for login.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

LordJim47

LordJim47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Have been playing Xbox Hawken and want to try playing on my laptop (ASUS ROG G752VY), but I am stuck in the join steam loop.  Downloaded steam and my GT LordJim47 is recognized; password is not.  Steam ticket initiated (HT-CB5F-DNC3-7KXN), but after 2 days no response other than the automated email--not a trust builder by steam.  Any other way to play Hawken via PC? 

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
You'll have to get steam working to get the game installed (reinstall steam client, recover password, etc)

You can play the game without the steam launcher, but I don't know any other way to get the game.

LordJim47

LordJim47

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Thanks.  Cleared the hurdle and am able to play Hawken on my PC.  A great game on both Xbox and PC.  Still in the learning curve on the PC, so I'll probably be a Xbox die-hard, especially with access to all the Mechs on Xbox and not wanting to spend that much again to access my favorite mech for the map/mode I'm playing; but still one of my favorite games of all time!  Appreciate you response.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

the only method of downloading hawken on PC is thru steam.  I haven't had any real problems with steam, and the only real issues I have heard about didn't involve steam directly - another player's account was hacked, and that is the only issue I have heard of with steam.

• MechFighter5e3bf9 likes this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

only people i have ever seen get their accounts jacked did so by installing malware in the form of a hack they downloaded but if you verify your emails and add contact phone numbers etc there are several failsafe settings you can protect theft in steam with. each time steam detects a login from an unusual ip address or machine it halts and emails/calls me for verification so with that simple setting i dont see any way i can lose my account for even a moment hawken itself i doubt has any of the sort of protection steam accounts do so it becomes quite easy for a player to lose a hawken account to a gamehack infected with a logger. dreadess was the one you say lost their account to a hacker i bet, on forum she said how shes so thankfull for devs returning it but what she didnt say was a estonian hacker got a keylogger bound to a hawken gamehack on her pc he told me about the whole event days before i joined hawken as hes a old friend of mine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users