- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SacredBlack1

SacredBlack1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Alright everybody. Let's face it. The HC and experience gain in Hawken game types is way too low. I barely feel like I'm getting rewarded for anything considering on how small the experience and HC earnings actually are. It takes legitimately DAYS to just get ONE weapon, unless you're playing the game all day. Sorry, but I don't think a lot of people have the time for that. If you do have the time for that, god bless you, but I'm not one of those people.

Co-op Bot Destruction is a good example of this. Finishing all the waves to round 25, I felt like a boss and felt like I actually accomplish something because not many people actually complete Co-op Bot Destruction, and requires a good team. However, when I actually get to the experience and HC earnings screen, sadness begins to sink in. I barely felt like I got any rewards for my efforts and for my time. It takes 25-30 minutes to complete Co-op bot destruction from what I've timed. If you can complete it faster, great for you.

Now I know that this game needs as much money as it can get now that it's back up and running again after a lot of time, but I also hear that it's looking for improvements.

Here's something for you to think about. Take Warframe for example. The grind for weapons and gear in that game is there, but it's not invasive as to bore you into quitting the game. You actually feel like you're being rewarded for your efforts, and thus, when a player feels like he/she is rewarded, and feels like he/she wants to reduce the grind a bit, then he/she will feel inclined to purchase Meteor Credits and not actually feel like he/she is throwing money down the drain, or giving money to a company that feels like it's just sucking your money out of you.

In this case, it's all about making the player feel inclined to purchase, by also rewarding the player greater amounts for dealing with the grind. It's sort-of a reverse psychology thing. And that's something this game has to get right to be successful.

I want this game to be successful, and I want the people running it now to improve it from what it's been, and they are doing that, and I'm highly appreciative of it. But the grind in this game is just over-excruciating.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you consider what I said.

Edited by SacredBlack1, 01 April 2015 - 09:24 PM.

• ka0us and Vaskadar like this

MECH MASTER

armored-core-formula-front_20060622_0206

AngryOgre

AngryOgre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Service awards were great. I remember those really helping. You could also do a consecutive log in bonus or multiplier. Day 1 is a x1, day 2 x2, yada yada, day 7 x7 on all earned XP and HC.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Weapons and a few other things like crosshairs needs to be reduced in price.

A single weapon that you might not even like is more expensive than a mech?

Changes are definitely needed

Spoiler

SacredBlack1

SacredBlack1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Service awards were great. I remember those really helping. You could also do a consecutive log in bonus or multiplier. Day 1 is a x1, day 2 x2, yada yada, day 7 x7 on all earned XP and HC.

Yes, these would help as well dealing with the grind and make things a bit easier, but I don't see this happening anymore. If it was applied again, that would be great.

Weapons and a few other things like crosshairs needs to be reduced in price.

A single weapon that you might not even like is more expensive than a mech?

Changes are definitely needed

I agree. The weapon prices are ridiculous compared to some of the mechs, which just makes grinding in this game more excruciating and stressful.

MECH MASTER

armored-core-formula-front_20060622_0206

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users