- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

(PS4)F0ppery

(PS4)F0ppery

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 62 posts

Would it be possible to tone down the AI bots a little bit? or at least implement difficulty levels?

since this last update it feels like they single you out more often. whatever line of code that was, it works like a charm. my number of deaths can attest. 

This is not the problem, though. It feels like they almost never miss. which is the problem. You can dodge, dip, duck, dive, and dodge but those TOW missiles always seem to be fired where you're "going" to be. Same with grenades. these are not "precision" weapons yet it seems they consistently hit the center of mass of my mech every time regardless of my movements. The sharpshooter is a new problem since the update. the AI accuracy needs to be based on some sort of statistical model. there needs to be "error" when enemy bots engage you. If they don't miss every now and then it just feels pointless to even play the game. 

the initiate vanguard and scout with the mini flak cannons are another problem. When the game was first released they were practically untouchable. Then for a while I noticed they didn't seem nearly as OP and were killable. But since this last update, they are back to their OP ways. They can take me from full health to death in fractions of a second. So if they single you out there is literally no point in even trying. I don't see how it's possible that they do that kind of damage in that small of a time window. They can practically one hit you since you barely even have time to react. even if you could react, you can't do damage at the rate that they can so you're at the mercy of their will. 

I know gen pop doesn't care about AI bots since they tend to love PVP but AI Bots is really the only version of Hawken without enemies that spam/abuse hellfires, mines, turrets, and cloaks. 

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Ive always felt the coop was hard as hell by yourself and then when people start to come in they stop jus focusing on you (even in cloak)... and yes the mini flak scout and the vanguard are damn near impossible to kill before they kill you... and coop bots never miss
  • (PS4)F0ppery likes this

Mag__

Mag__

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Bots have always had difficulty levels. This last update made it so their difficulty scales throughout the game according to the match performance. (Difference in the human score vs bot score). So if you are winning by a lot the bots will become a bit harder, and vice versa. The games should be very closely contested because of this, and certainly more challenging, but the Bots will certainly miss. Although accuracy scales with difficulty as, it will never get close to 100% I can assure you :)

(PS4)F0ppery

(PS4)F0ppery

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 62 posts

Ive always felt the coop was hard as hell by yourself and then when people start to come in they stop jus focusing on you (even in cloak)... and yes the mini flak scout and the vanguard are damn near impossible to kill before they kill you... and coop bots never miss

Well, good to know I'm not crazy. 

Usually if other players are in the match it feels like they just steal kills with the assault mech. That's why I think it would be pretty awesome if doing the majority damage got you the kill rather than the last hit. I think people's play styles would be more "correct" for lack of a better term.

(PS4)F0ppery

(PS4)F0ppery

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 62 posts

Bots have always had difficulty levels. This last update made it so their difficulty scales throughout the game according to the match performance. (Difference in the human score vs bot score). So if you are winning by a lot the bots will become a bit harder, and vice versa. The games should be very closely contested because of this, and certainly more challenging, but the Bots will certainly miss. Although accuracy scales with difficulty as, it will never get close to 100% I can assure you :)

Eeeehhh... I don't know, man. They can take you from full health to DEATH petty quickly. 

Earlier today a heavy mech (pretty sure it was the initiate vanguard) took away half of my health with one hit. I was in a medium mech so that's kind of insane. I VERY easily could've been killed in about one second had that vanguard pulled the trigger again. For some reason it didn't. 

I'd love to see the statistics of kills and deaths with the last update but that's just the nerd in me, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users