Last update Tweaks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

(Xbox)AV0LL

(Xbox)AV0LL

• Xbox Members
  • 21 posts
First, I would like to see the technician fixed like it was before the update. I feel like taking away the repairing power of the technician not only makes the technician worthless now, but also ruins a lot of higher tier tactics of the game.

Second, I like the calendar system that has been implemented. However I feel like some of the rewards are too much too fast. For instance the free G2 Sharpshooter. I know personally I had to grind a long time to unlock the G2 Sharpshooter. I feel the real problem is at this rate everyone will have everything unlocked fairly quickly with little to no incentive to play the game to unlock more. Thus taking some of the fun/challenge out of the game.

My thoughts are instead of giving away stright to G2, you could give people dubble xp for a specific bot for 48 hours or, something similar. That would get them most or all of the way to G2, but still require playing to unlock it. Resulting in a more rewarding game experience, and sense of accomplishment.

(Xbox)WorstKnightmare

(Xbox)WorstKnightmare

• Xbox Members
  • 4 posts

First I am not WORSTKNIGHTMARE.   He is my brother.   He signed in once and now I can't sign him out.  I am A backhand slap.  i tried to post win my phone but that didn't seem to work either.

Anyway, since this topic is already started, i figured i would just add on instead of creating an entirely different post.

First of all, the update has nearly ruined the pvp deathmatch IMO.  Why would you add more turrets?  Now most matches are people in Rocketeers who hide behind a wall of turrets.  And it seems like the turrets are stronger with more range.  TurrAnd oddly, the energy turret is still only a 2 count.  You actually need 3 of those since they are most often are not very effective.

I also agree with the OP about the technician.  Without the ability to heal, he is not the technician.

And the matchmaking system is just odd.  When I look at the kill list, I see names of many players I have never seen, yet I play mostly with all of the same people.  And I often times am put into a room with no one in it when I know that other there are other matches with spaces open.

And speaking of the Rocketeer, why is it the only mech with no real weaknesses?  It has a lot of health, 2 homing weapons to that is is solid against small mechs, it is very powerful, and it rarely ever overheats.  I feel like a lame when I play with it.  

Finally, you shouldn't have to back all of the way out of a match in order to make changes in the garage.

Now for the positive things.  I do like the daily reward system.  I also like the OP idea of giving double xp Instead of just mechs, but that is only if you fix the turret issue.  If you don't fix the turret issue, many won't play enough to rank up to get new mechs.

Hawken is currently my favorite game, and I would like it to stay that way.  I like that you do updates as frequently as you do.  And the number of mechs is great.  Thanks.

(Xbox)WorstKnightmare

(Xbox)WorstKnightmare

• Xbox Members
  • 4 posts

Also, i noticed that some users have 2 of the same internal installed.  I recorded a player who had 2 of the deflectors installed on his Scout, as if they aren't hard enough to kill already.

(Xbox)AV0LL

(Xbox)AV0LL

• Xbox Members
  • 21 posts
He brings up a good point about the turrets. I feel like having one of each turret worked well. However I do like having three instead of two max. I just feel you should only be able to deploy one of each at a time.

I think being able to deploy as many as you want would work good in a game mode where once you die you are dead for the remainder of the game, but with being able to respawn over, and over again more than one turret of each kind is too much.

With all that said I really appreciate the Hawken team getting the game to its current state. I love the game, and it is my favorite game also. Hope the team reads this, and considers my input.
Thanks again

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

First, I would like to see the technician fixed like it was before the update. I feel like taking away the repairing power of the technician not only makes the technician worthless now, but also ruins a lot of higher tier tactics of the game.

Second, I like the calendar system that has been implemented. However I feel like some of the rewards are too much too fast. For instance the free G2 Sharpshooter. I know personally I had to grind a long time to unlock the G2 Sharpshooter. I feel the real problem is at this rate everyone will have everything unlocked fairly quickly with little to no incentive to play the game to unlock more. Thus taking some of the fun/challenge out of the game.

My thoughts are instead of giving away stright to G2, you could give people dubble xp for a specific bot for 48 hours or, something similar. That would get them most or all of the way to G2, but still require playing to unlock it. Resulting in a more rewarding game experience, and sense of accomplishment.

The technician repair torch was bugged in this update; unfortunately a glitch had caused it to not heal. We have replaced it with a temporary secondary until the next update comes out.

It will take 24 days of logging in to unlock the G2 Sharpshooter this month. We'd be surprised if this actually gets people to log in and play, as previously a high percentage players did not stay beyond the first day let alone log in for 24 of those days. At the end of the month, the calendar will be reset and start over with different rewards.

As for internals, there is a situation where a player can get two Shock Coils. We have disabled the Armor Fusor by turning it into a Shock Coil as the Armor Fusor internal is bugged in this update. All previously purchased Armor Fusors will be reverted back to Armor Fusors after the next update. There is no benefit to having two Shock Coils, as the reduction is only applied once.

We are monitoring feedback with turrets.

Glad you guys are enjoying the game otherwise, though! You should notice a slight framerate increase, the deadzone on the controller should feel more responsive, and of course the assignment/daily calendar is a great incentive to keep playing.

Keep the feedback coming, and happy gaming!

(Xbox)AV0LL

(Xbox)AV0LL

• Xbox Members
  • 21 posts
Excellent, thank you for the quick reply.
The technician was my biggest concern.
Thank you, for responding to my other feed back also with explaining about it.

I really like the assignments that have been implemented also, great addition to the game.

Stellar work Hawken team, thanks again.
  • CZeroFive likes this

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts
The Turret spam needs to go...
  • (Xbox)Audimaxx likes this

(Xbox)Audimaxx

(Xbox)Audimaxx

• Xbox Members
  • 8 posts
100% agree on the turrets. What a ridiculous idea.

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts

And speaking of the Rocketeer, why is it the only mech with no real weaknesses? It has a lot of health, 2 homing weapons to that is is solid against small mechs, it is very powerful, and it rarely ever overheats. I feel like a lame when I play with it.

It has terrible DPS and most players who use it don't have a grasp on basic movement capabilities, they normally just fly backwards and fire. To counter them, one method is to rush them with a sustained mech and when they fly, simply dodge and boost your way beneath them and spend as much time as you can firing to out DPS them, easy win. Another method is to use a long range mech and beat them at their own strategy, a Sharpshooter can cause a lot of problems for them. Light mechs need to utilize mobility entirely and get either behind, beneath, or to the side of any C class to safely deal damage and continue the ring-around-the-rosie-of-death but they likely will need to poke some health off first- It depends on the skill of your opponent. Theres also the stealth mech option, use something with a cloaking ability (Predator, Vytro, Infiltrator) and sneak up behind him. Lastly, you can dodge the Hellfire missiles, even when being locked on; You need to hit dodge just a moment before the rockets hit you and you'll dodge most or all of them. High tier players can do this without looking, the alarm alerts you and you kinda just guess based on where you think you're locked on from.

I hope that helps you deal with them. I'm not a fan of that mech myself, once there's more than one Hellfire I want to cry...

Edited by (Xbox)x KiRK707, 05 March 2017 - 10:10 AM.

(Xbox)Rostam01

(Xbox)Rostam01

• Xbox Members
  • 1 posts

I also think there should be fewer turrets. The level of use before the update was okay

(Xbox)WorstKnightmare

(Xbox)WorstKnightmare

• Xbox Members
  • 4 posts

( A Backhandslap again.) I appreciate the quick response also.  I was in a hurry trying to type my original post.  I apologize if the tone came off too negative.  I really enjoy Hawken and I certainly appreciate the quick feed back.  I do like that you all do so many updates to the game to continue to make it great.  It is my favorite game and I love the overall flow.  You all keep up the great work.

And  thanks Kirk for the Rocketeer tips.  And I agree.  Most players really don't know how to use them.  I feel dirty when I use the Rocketeer but when I do play with it, it is probably my best mech.  

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts
I just wish it wasn't everyone's best mech lol.. Then I'd hate it a lot less

Edited by (Xbox)x KiRK707, 06 March 2017 - 08:39 PM.

(Xbox)CosmicCasey59

(Xbox)CosmicCasey59

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 48 posts
Like Kirk said use a fast moving light mech and take them out, myself I like the kerby, all the turrets are a problem. The scout now there's a problem. Damn thing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users