Story Mode!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

(Xbox)CN8787

(Xbox)CN8787

• Xbox Members
  • 1 posts
I'm usually relatively quiet when it comes to voicing my opinion in forums and social media, but I truly believe that not including a campaign with a decent story is doing this game a great disservice. I just started playing a few days ago and I can say that this has quickly become one of my favorite games I've ever played. And to have a game with such a unique aesthetic and visual style that doesn't have an equally unique and appealing playable story is kind of a bummer. Obviously there are financial considerations that might prevent development of such an endeavor, being that this is a free to play indie game, but the fact remains that this world you've created deserves a bad ass campaign. Hopefully everyone who plays pays so that we can get a slew of missions to put our skills to the test in a different way. Also, just as a side note, a melee weapon set would be pretty cool too. Just saying...

Edited by (Xbox)CN8787, 13 March 2017 - 10:20 PM.

(Xbox)AV0LL

(Xbox)AV0LL

• Xbox Members
  • 21 posts

A story mode sounds nice, and all, but once its completed, I would have little incentive to replay it.

If i had to pick story mode, or  more multiplayer maps, I would choose more maps.

However if they could jazz up the COOP Bot Challenge to make it more vaguely story like, combined with some kind of randomization. That would offer a lot of replay value, and probably get more gamer's interested in the game. Give them sort of a training ground before they get tossed into the nut grinder multiplayer modes. Basically give them a chance to like the game before getting brutalized in multiplayer.

However like you said, being a free to play game, any type of story mode is unlikely.

I personally hope the franchise goes for a long time. I would like to see a Hawken2, that is a whole game you just buy, with DLC later.

I think if they marketed it well, added more customization, and like you said tag on some sort of a story mode, it would be surprisingly profitable on a much larger scale than it is now.

No other game manufacturer is producing any sort of mech game, let alone a awesome one like Hawken.

Edited by (Xbox)AV0LL, 14 March 2017 - 08:42 AM.

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts
Google the Hawken comics- Good reads

They should be available to read in-game

Edited by (Xbox)x KiRK707, 14 March 2017 - 04:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users