20 replies to this topic

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

- Armor Fusor

•   Now grants the expected amount of health over time.

- Repair Torch

•   Now heals as expected and equipped as the secondary weapon of the technician once more

- Repair Field Generator

•   Effectiveness is now 50% of the normal Repair torch effect (down from 95%)

- Turret Placement

•   Players can now place a maximum of two active turrets. However these turrets can be of one or both types. Ie. A player may place two rocket turrets, two Machine gun turrets or one of each.

Dev Notes:

•   Allowing 3 turrets of each type upset a lot of players as it drastically affected the flow of the game. We feel that allowing 2 maximum turrets but granting players flexibility regarding turret type will make turrets more effective but not as overwhelming as they were before.

-36M

•   Reduced Damage taken in Heavy mode in front by 15%
  •   Increased Movement Speed in Heavy mode (previously immobilized)
  •   Increased Boost Speed in Heavy mode by 50%

Dev Notes:

•   The 36M’s immobility left it feeling vulnerable and ineffective. We feel these changes make it mobile enough to be effective without diverging too much from the powerful hulking feel of the mech.

Jobs:

• EMP Blast Ability has a slightly larger radius

Dev Notes:

•    The most recent Jobs nerf left the EMP Blast ability feeling a bit too anemic. This boost in radius should leave it feeling a bit more effective while still 25% less than it was originally.

Miscellaneous

• Fixed an issue where players could not 180 spin immediately after boosting forward
  • Fixed an issue where an empty pro tip dialogue would display at the start of a match.
  • Reduced client disconnections while in a match.
  • There should be fewer cases of the client booting you back to the main menu while you were in a match.  This was caused by some extraneous polling the client was doing to make sure it could still talk to our backend services. While connected to a game server, it doesn’t really matter that much if the client can or cannot talk to our backend, so these disconnects were generally useless or incorrect.
  • Fixed Class A Mech icons.
  • Xs should no longer be the only thing shown in scoreboard

• (PS4)kdesmo and (PS4)frostdragon2013 like this

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

Well thanks CO5 thats made me a happy jobs pilot

Edited by (PS4)frostdragon2013, 15 March 2017 - 05:15 PM.

Most posts i make are taken from members of a large hawken community called krimson's cutthroat commandos o7

i'm a JOBS pilot who takes the souls of brave scouts

i play sharpshooter and vytro at long range because point blank is long range right?

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

It would be fun to have the "preadnician" as a unique variant for those playing in the times without the tech :)

Most posts i make are taken from members of a large hawken community called krimson's cutthroat commandos o7

i play sharpshooter and vytro at long range because point blank is long range right?

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts
Bug report] the vytro when equipd with assault rifle appears to play the firing effect for the assault rifle on a loop while charging the charge beam

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

Bug report] some reports of armour fusor not working

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

Bug report] (ahh spaming again ) heavys are not able to go to heavy mode during end cutscene

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts
Bug report] some reports of people unable to pick technician

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Bug report] some reports of armour fusor not working

Can you please provide more info on this? Which armor fusor is not working?

• (PS4)frostdragon2013 likes this

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

we managed to work it out some servers had not reset so fusor and tech were unavailable 

(PS4)Mycoth

(PS4)Mycoth

• PlayStation Members
  • 6 posts

When viewing a mech in a garage, I noticed that the menu thumbnails i.e. Lore, Items, Internals,..., were sort of overlapping with each other, and I couldn't access those that were overlapped.

I also noticed when my first TDM match started that certain sounds weren't present, such as boosting forwards or flying. They were present in the following matches though, so not sure if this is a bug.

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
People are saying they having to rebuy their primary weapons and some internals... I had to rebuy the armor fusor on all mechs which doesn't bother me I have $ but for others saving to buy something its set them back

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

Um one of my friends want an Irish flag

Edited by (PS4)frostdragon2013, 19 March 2017 - 06:26 PM.

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

Explanation request ] so how does the "earned exp" leader bored [board] work 

(PS4)Mycoth

(PS4)Mycoth

• PlayStation Members
  • 6 posts

I also feel that the current turret emplacement restrictions aren't really cutting it. Matches where all six members of the team are placing turrets all over the place are becoming more and more prevalent. It amounts to 12 turrets in the worst case scenario, which seriously messes with the flow of the game. Not to mention it is a considerable damage bonus without the use of any kind of skill.

Reduce either the damage or healthpool of turrets, or better yet, limit their emplacement to one turret per player, as is the case in the PC version.

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

Nah i think A Classes should have a large damage resistance to turret damage B Classes some resistance c Classes just regular damage

(PS4)Mycoth

(PS4)Mycoth

• PlayStation Members
  • 6 posts

Nah i think A Classes should have a large damage resistance to turret damage B Classes some resistance c Classes just regular damage

That wouldn't really solve the issue. Point is, the current setup fosters sedentary gameplay, which is contra-intuitive to this game, where movement is key to survival and dynamics of combat. Now we can see 'turret encampments' where people just sit and wait. It is boring to play, especially if you can compare the experience with the one on PC, where such situations simply cannot happen.

Also, why would A class mechs have higher turret damage resistance, when they are by design weaker mechs? They have superior mobility, on which their survival highly depends. Your suggestion would only deepen the issue, since it follows the sedentary gameplay logic.

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

Well the a class would be harder to track than a C class but i like the idea of turrets and CO5 said it was about choice

(PS4)Mycoth

(PS4)Mycoth

• PlayStation Members
  • 6 posts

Well the a class would be harder to track than a C class but i like the idea of turrets and CO5 said it was about choice

It is naive to think that automatic damage dealing items wouldn't be a constant choice when considering mech builds. This is called meta gameplay, where certain  mech builds dominate others that offer different gameplay styles. Turrets offer no challenge to improve skill of the player, and are also annoying to play against. With recents chages they have become low-risk-high-reward items, which will likely dominate lower-skilled lobbies. As said, turrets will become the meta, the go-to mech build.

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

Well thanks for the patronage but the second we deal with the turret spam we will get "air com op" [drink] or scanner op truth is there will never be balance unless they all force us to use 1 mech 1 set of internals and 1 set of items

Edited by (PS4)frostdragon2013, 20 March 2017 - 03:58 PM.

• (PS4)Mycoth likes this

(PS4)PsychoGenesis-

(PS4)PsychoGenesis-

• PlayStation Members
  • 4 posts

I know I'm late to this discussion, but I also have strong feelings regarding turrets. First off, to state my position. I hate turrets, and for the most part I can agree with mycoth and I do agree that when a player relies on a turret it becomes a crutch that will limit a players growth. Although, I do not feel the current two turrent restriction per player is inadequate. For the most part two turrents is by no means overbearing. It only becomes a problem, as mycoth stated, when the entire team loads up on turrents and drops as many as they can to create this pseudo-fort and camp it out. This does hurt the fun for me even if I can deal with it. To be frank, it's annoying and this is also speaking for the other players I regulary play with. (Albiet we are but a very small fraction of the playerbase)

Regardless, I do understand that not all players are going to be able to be as mobile as some. That some players won't even be interested in mastering movement to the extent of others. There are players that would much rather play a vangaurd and just turtle up in turrent mode. Turrets help them and add to their fun factor.

Herein, I don't suggest a nerf but a counter. We now have a mech that can immobilize opposing mechs, we have an emp that can disable weapon systems, but why not have this emp destroy turrets, scanners, and scramblers. It is an elctromagnetic pulse afterall and with the current way the emp fires, being the firsbee that it is, I don't use it very often. This would certainly make me consider using it more.

Edit: As far as I'm concerned, I would have no complaints with scrapping the emp disabling mech weapons in favor of a larger area of effect that only destroys electronic items that are deployed within it's effective range. We already have the ism disruptor, that will disable a mech's optics and the jobs, that will disable a mech's movement. Therefore, maybe this is something to consider as well.

In closing, whether it be a new ability, a redesign of the current emp, and/or a new emp item strictly for disabling items. I feel that a pulse to destroy electronic items would give us a skill based hard counter to the current "get a point and build your fort" gameplay that we've been seeing as of late and I hope others can agree.

Edit: Also, I do know the current emp also disables turrets, destroys hologram and shields. I'd much rather it completely fry the auto targeting turrets targeting system rather than just disable it. They still have an extra single turret they could drop after the emp and even though the 12 turrets may be disabled they just come right back up with no further effort required. Although, this does help quite a bit 12 turrets is a lot to destroy individually.

Edit: After using the emp exclusively for the past two days, I feel the only thing the current emp is lacking as an item counter is range. The 8-9 second down time the turrents undergo is substantial (I'd still rather it destroy them outright, but this still works), but I know the emp is something many players, at least on pc, complain about. This is because it also shuts down mech weapon systems, due to this and the fact it was nerfed in the past, I feel a buff to range would not be a good idea, but it falls very short as an item counter. The range is no where near enough for even one persons turrents, you dont drop them right next to each other whenever you have time to plan there placement. 

Edited by (PS4)PsychoGenesis-, 18 April 2017 - 10:16 PM.

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

a minor bug there appears to be text across the top of the end screen saying "test" this text is located amongst the mech symbols in the score bored 

Edited by (PS4)frostdragon2013, 30 April 2017 - 07:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users