6 replies to this topic

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
...Paging C05...

We have seen you post on several occasions that patches/releases require time in acceptance testing or certifying for the major console platforms. A process that adds weeks to the patch cycle. We understand that PC is in a code freeze, and so console currently gets everything first based on this cycle.

Following code parity and PC re-release, will RLD change to a PC-first release model?

The development cycle seems slow at the moment as there is much to be done that is invisible to community. Once development is over that hump of big feature additions/redesigns, we would love to see more small quality-of-life updates on a faster turnaround. Code could be updated/patched quicker on PC and make for more responsive development based on feedback from the dedicated PC community. Once the rough edges are worn off on PC, then you can go through the console certifying fewer times or with more chance of getting through?

Is there anyone at RLD that is willing to comment on the post-PC-Re-release update cycle?
Will RLD strive to meet the communication & responsive-development expectations that will restore peoples faith in Hawken?

Would also welcome any update on when PC re-release will be (if you're not sick of that question yet).

Cheers,
6ixxer
  • Zavier_ and (PS4)frostdragon2013 like this

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

dreams.gifezgif.com-gif-maker1.gif

• surgat, claisolais and Zavier_ like this

Zavier_

Zavier_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

TBH I don't get why forumlords post so much when RLD does little to nothing about it

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

TBH I don't get why forumlords post so much when RLD does little to nothing about it

tumblr_ofvjn0mdMF1vd4hlyo1_500.gif

• DieselCat, Xer06siX and Zavier_ like this

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

It would seem to me that PC would get content first post-PC relaunch given there's no certification time period as there is with Sony and Microsoft in terms of releasing content to console.

I also feel like this question has been answered before.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

The answer is 42.

PC will become our primary release platform once it's out, since we can push cutting edge stuff to Steam without limitations or a cert process. Consoles will be updated second when we feel the PC release is good enough for console cert.

• coldform, Elite_is_salty, Miscellaneous and 12 others like this

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

The answer is 42.

PC will become our primary release platform once it's out, since we can push cutting edge stuff to Steam without limitations or a cert process. Consoles will be updated second when we feel the PC release is good enough for console cert.

So we're the guinea pigs, got it.

Frankly I don't mind, if there is sufficient communication and follow-through.  The expertise of the PC veteran player-base is a potential tool that can and should be used to improve the game.

Now just let me direct your attention here.....

https://community.pl...he-pc-relaunch/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users