- - - - - ip port

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

dalvyk

dalvyk

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm playing HAWʞEN on PC. I have to prioritize it on my router for smooth latency but I'm not sure what port (UDP & TCP) and IP address the game uses. Can someone provide me with information about what I'm asking? or the game just uses steam's default game ports (UDP) 27000-27100?

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

The gameservers do not use one specific IP.

Your best bet is prioritizing 7000-8200 as a majority of game servers use this range and other applications do not interfere with this location, generally.

Additionally, you will want to prioritize https (443) so that your connection stays low latency to our backend.

Though, generally, port priority only helps if there are multiple users on your network competing for local traffic (ie; in a dorm situation), and does not help with the connection between your router and the gameserver. If you are your own network's administrator, you may wish to set a static local IP without DHCP and prioritize all traffic from your machine.

Prioritizing ports will not speed up your CPU/GPU/RAM/Disk/ISP.

If you still feel like connection speeds are an issue, try changing from wireless to wired if at all possible. You may also be bottlenecked by the router itself - 100 Mbps routers vs 1 Gbps routers are a huge leap.

Edited by CZeroFive, 15 May 2017 - 07:24 AM.

• EM1O and peacecraftSLD like this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

wow

• dorobo likes this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

dalvyk

dalvyk

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

The gameservers do not use one specific IP.

Your best bet is prioritizing 7000-8200 as a majority of game servers use this range and other applications do not interfere with this location, generally.

Additionally, you will want to prioritize https (443) so that your connection stays low latency to our backend.

Though, generally, port priority only helps if there are multiple users on your network competing for local traffic (ie; in a dorm situation), and does not help with the connection between your router and the gameserver. If you are your own network's administrator, you may wish to set a static local IP without DHCP and prioritize all traffic from your machine.

Prioritizing ports will not speed up your CPU/GPU/RAM/Disk/ISP.

If you still feel like connection speeds are an issue, try changing from wireless to wired if at all possible. You may also be bottlenecked by the router itself - 100 Mbps routers vs 1 Gbps routers are a huge leap.

Yes I have multiple users on my network. I use somewhat "complicated?" router (Mikrotik) with mangle rules. I can mark packets via port or IP (both src & dst) which I can prioritize in queue tree. It helps a lot when I playing real time games even someone is downloading and watching or streaming on my network. Also all devices do have their own static IPs. Thanks by the way, I'll try prioritizing those ports on my router. (My game has its own bandwidth :biggrin: ) 

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

jeez. all this and i have a 5 year old junk computer that rages when i play hwkn.

heh

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users