12 replies to this topic

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Hi Guys,

First up hooray for the relaunch.  Unfortunately for me I have a problem after the update.  I can launch the game through Steam fine and the intro plays (love the new intro by the way!!).  My mouse is active but once the video has finished playing (or I pass the video by clicking) I am greeted by a message saying:

Login Failed Error: 51C58D8A

A connection tot he Steam network is required to login.  Please ensure you are connected to the Steam network.  

The mouse cursor doesn't move and is stuck on the top right and consequently I can't click on the bottom right to "Click to Reconnect" as the mouse is dead.  I found ENTER and SPACE BAR work to click on the Close button in this message, which then shows me the Garage background before looping back to this error.  The only way to get out of this loop is to kill the process in Task Manager.  Also my Steam account is logged in.  AfterUpdate.JPG

Will log a support call through Zen as well.

• DemitronPrime likes this

Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Reboot Steam entirely.

Worked for me.

BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

I also get that error

Reboot Steam entirely.

Worked for me.

Did not work for me.

I have a lot of ideas and would like some feedback on them:

Suggestions for fixing things:

https://community.pl...of-suggestions/

Suggestions for new things:

https://community.pl...for-new-things/

capnjosh

capnjosh

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

One possible cause can be Steam system maintenance events like the one they did yesterday afternoon.  Sometimes full system reboots (beyond just a Steam restart) might be required.  Let us know what you see.

BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

One possible cause can be Steam system maintenance events like the one they did yesterday afternoon.  Sometimes full system reboots (beyond just a Steam restart) might be required.  Let us know what you see.

Reboot didn't really help. Now it displays, on some attempts, a "welcome to hawken" message that tells me about linking with my steam account, but then the play/link legacy acount-buttons are blocked by the error message, and closing it just reloads the game/makes it reattempt to sign in and give the same error.

Epicman0812

Epicman0812

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Yeah this happens on the Xbox One as well I just got the game yesterday for Xbox One and downloaded with the update. Any Idea's?

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

I did some restarts yesterday evening but if Steam was playing up will try again tonight when I get home.  

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Can't even get to login window with one of my alts. Say I need to update the game. But it wants to revert to older version BUT CALLING IT NEWER. ( has version 1.6.0.153994 but says I need to "update" to 1.6.0.153926 and then does NOT update nor any choice anywhere to update it and STEAM says what I have IS the newest version.) And sticks in a loop going login failed over and over. Great one more big bug.

Oh and I'm paying items and internals I ALREADY HAD. Like EMP III. owned it, didn't need to buy it again for about 80 mechs. Not joking. Really tired of doing it.

Edited by Nov8tr, 24 May 2017 - 06:07 PM.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be my firewall blocking hawken from the internet.

What the Heca-

VulpiniErebos

VulpiniErebos

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I was having the same problem. The game was approved in my firewall. Tried multiple restarts (Steam and entire computer) and reinstalled Hawken from scratch. No dice.  For anyone still having this problem try disabling Family View (don't ask me why it works it just did for me friend *shrugs*). If that doesn't work try reinstalling Steam. If you don't want to re-download your games settings etc try following these steps first.

1) Exit any Steam games and make sure you Exit Steam completely (you may need to go into your icons tray)

2) Locate your steam install folder which is usually " C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam "

3) Delete all files/folders except for: Steam.exe ,  config , steamapps , userdata

4) Once the delete is complete double click Steam.exe

5) Steam will now Update and download about 150 MB of data or more (for anyone who has capped internet)

6) Steam should automatically sign you in, if it doesn't obviously log in

7) ????

8) Profit? I hope this works for anyone still having problems.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

It only did it to one of my accts I had to create on Steam so I could play all my alts. Had to create a bunch of Steam accts to load one Hawken acct per Steam acct. It is now the only way to play on alts on Hawken. :(

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Starting the game without -login and -password fixed the issue for me after the update!

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Okay for me on PC, the problem is related to my firewall (as per Hecatoncheires).  Checked my firewall and looks as though the firewall is blocking the inbound connection needed by Hawken to work with Steam (looking at it from a high level). The file that the firewall is having a problem with is "HawkenGame-Win64-Shipping.exe" under \Hawken\Binaries\Win64.  Allowing inbound/outbound for this file seems to have allowed me to get in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users