Photo

Game Crashing? weird/broken graphics? maybe try these first...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

I can't even start the game !! it crashes/I get a window for a crash report...

first off - if you can't launch hawken, you might have some wierdness showing up in your configuration folder. that's an easy one - hawken will rebuild this folder if it doesn't find it, and will then auto-detect your hardware and make adjustments accordingly.

note: this will reset all of your custom button/key settings as well, and may set your resolution to something you don't like. i'll get to that, so be sure to READ ALL OF THIS.

• ​simply find your local config folder - the one that the game stores all your settings in - it's located in documents/My Games/Hawken/HawkenGame.
  • you'll see two folders there - just delete the one named "Config":
    9181c9312b.png
  • Once you have done this, try restarting hawken again.
  • if the game launches for you, this should fix some of those problems. if not, move down to the next one.
  • next thing to do is to go through your settings ingame and restore the things you had changed before.

cold's handy-dandy checklist of things to reset manually:

Spoiler

I get a lot of wierd stuff going on as far as graphics go - what do?(you sent me down to this one from the other one above it)

another simple one - update your graphics drivers.

this new version of hawken is built with dx11, and a newer version of it.  the best fix to a problem with a newer dx version is a newer version of graphics drivers.  both Nvidia and AMD provide software suites to accompany their drivers, so use those tools AND THOSE TOOLS ONLY to update your drivers. DON'T GO SEARCHING THE WEB FOR GPU DRIVERS.

if this doesn't fix your issue,  submit a ticket.

I followed your guide to repair my config, I changed my resolution, and now I can't move my mouse over the whole screen. SAD!

- or -

all of my HUD stuff is now squished into the middle of my screen! SADSAD!

Another easy one - try restarting hawken.

I can get in game, start a match, all that good stuff - but every time I click "LAUNCH", I get a random mech. HUH!!??

All of these are easy! you're gonna have to break the habit of hitting that button. I don't know why it's there, but now you need to simply click the mech you want to use. no need to hit launch.

as far as any other concerns, go ahead and post here, and I will periodically check up on this thread (re: when I feel like it) and reply accordingly.

CRASH AND BURN!

-cold

• Zdragow, Rajitha, Rainbow_Sheep and 5 others like this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Thanks dad!

• coldform likes this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

How about getting disconnected after a match?

After a match it goes into the loading screen for the next map, but upon loading the next map it immediately says I've been disconnected from the server and boots me all the way back to the login screen. Granted, it automatically logs me in again and brings me to the garage.

It's happened after every match so far.

Here's hoping deleting config helps.

• Z1Alpha likes this

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

How about getting disconnected after a match?

After a match it goes into the loading screen for the next map, but upon loading the next map it immediately says I've been disconnected from the server and boots me all the way back to the login screen. Granted, it automatically logs me in again and brings me to the garage.

It's happened after every match so far.

Here's hoping deleting config helps.

not a fix for your issue. that's something to do with the game itself - submit a ticket. http://hawken.zendesk.com

• Zdragow likes this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

arcanerx

arcanerx

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Your solution didn't work for me. Unable to go past the startup crash at all :(

Deleted the config folder, which then got reinstalled by steam. 

Shows the same error report, random 4 files not found.

Hope they release some sort of patch *soon* else HAWKEN may lose *many* of its (few) players.

I'm waiting.....

Weisssnix

Weisssnix

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I followed your instructions, deleted the config and restarted - still doensn´t work, I mean I couldn´t do such a thing wrong, any advice? I´m not native english so maybe I missed something in your post even though I read it several times and followed your instructions as displayed, still shows me the error crash:

Address = 0x1d3b7fd0 (filename not found) 

Address = 0xcb8fd1b0 (filename not found) 
Address = 0xcb8fd1b0 (filename not found) 

greetings Weisssnix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users