• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

-Reverted maximum client FPS value in an online game - please let us know if this alleviates some hitreg issues.

-Push to Talk is now on by default.

-Nief's ability tooltip has been fixed.

-Fixed an issue where alt tabbing would cause a client hang or sometimes a crash.

-G1 Vanguard should now have access to the BUNKER ENERGY MIDDLE

-The multi-kill assignment has been disabled temporarily while we investigate it further.

-"Undefined" should no longer show up in the Explore Maps lobby.

Edited by CZeroFive, 24 May 2017 - 05:47 PM.

• Nachoeslach, Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous and 5 others like this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Your note mentions the Nief... I cannot find the Nief in the PC version anywhere.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Your note mentions the Nief... I cannot find the Nief in the PC version anywhere.

Or the Charge

• EM1O likes this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

lo_spaghetto

lo_spaghetto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

1. I can't believe Reloaded took my idea on the EMP mech ability and ALSO put it on the EOC Raider. Not sure if they got that idea from me first, but seriously, why the EOC Raider?? I mean Jobs... EOC Raider is supposed to chase down some weak mechs and end them with a big load. Now Jobs can only walk around and wait for enemies to pop around the corner to pop the EMP ability. What's the difference between that and throwing a regular EMP on the ground?? I have a lot more to say, but mainly, I just don't understand the philosophy of Jobs.

2. All the maps now look darker and has more contrast in color. The way the mechs look just don't blend in with the environment anymore.

3. Why the electric skin?? I think this goes against Hawken design in general. Electric skin sticks out like a sore thumb.

CitkI9t.jpg

xbIxKeE.png?1

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

1. I can't believe Reloaded took my idea on the EMP mech ability and ALSO put it on the EOC Raider. Not sure if they got that idea from me first, but seriously, why the EOC Raider?? I mean Jobs... EOC Raider is supposed to chase down some weak mechs and end them with a big load. Now Jobs can only walk around and wait for enemies to pop around the corner to pop the EMP ability. What's the difference between that and throwing a regular EMP on the ground?? I have a lot more to say, but mainly, I just don't understand the philosophy of Jobs.

The difference is Jobs's Emp stuns enemy movement for 3 seconds, then along with stunning Jobs for 3 upon iniating, before popping off. You can still aim, and boost...very slowly. The kind of cool thing is how the physics are still in effect. For instance, you could run from the enemy, jump+emp, then air 180 to face them as the emp stops them, while sort of floating away.

It doesn't seem like a big deal on PC because alot more players know how to aim. Not a game-breaking mech, but...if I'm not mistaken, it does have the most reaching radar. The G2 has 220 meters - could be a decent comp mech, depending on the rules.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

constant screen/game lockup in garage, whether in main or alt.

1st or second respawn, immediate freeze.

match end, enter garage for next match. complete lockup.

alt tab is inoperative in any case--active or frozen

all of these require either a cold dead reboot of windows, or at least a user logout and re-entry to load the game back up.

repeat ad infinitum.

amd 8350

fx7750 (low/low)

1360x768 29" flat screen

win7ultimate x64

game is completely unplayable. please fix.

Edited by EM1O, 25 May 2017 - 04:15 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Compliance

Compliance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

I don't see much feedback posted here yet, but I'm having some issues...game related, not personal issues...ok well maybe some personal...but, be that as it may I'm sticking to the game related for now:

- The game crashes after every round just as the next game starts. I can't even control-alt-delete out of it. I have to restart the PC.

- The chat window seems to disappear and reappear at strange times during the ending and beginning of games. In other words it used to be present post game, but no longer.

- I'm getting random audio static-like feedback sometimes.

- Hit reg seems like it may be slightly better in the one game I played today as opposed to last night. Not sure if that's an accurate observation, but generally the hit reg seems much worse compared to before the new release...which was also bad in general.

- Minor thing...in the settings "double-tap to boost/dodge" actually works in reverse. Ticking the box disables it.

Anyway, I was hoping things would be better tonight, but I see the game is still unplayable (for me at least), so I'll wait to see if the bugs get ironed out.

• EM1O likes this

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
Hit f5 , Use console for chat, or just insult them with your microphone

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

EPIC GAME, 7:4 60 SECONDS LEFT, KEJIGOTO JOINS, AND THE GARAGE SCREEN FREEZES.

thanx devs for a completely disappointing night.

please nufnck this game.

if noobs and other vets are getting this, you have a BIG problem: everyone going elsewhere to do a playable game.

and maybe not returning

bad juju.  :no:

edited:  not pertinent.

edited:  recommend investigating possibility of it being Keji's fault.

Edited by EM1O, 26 May 2017 - 01:50 PM.

• Nov8tr likes this

nRJ1C9n.png

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

redacted | redundant

Edited by EM1O, 26 May 2017 - 01:47 PM.

nRJ1C9n.png

HellbringerII

HellbringerII

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

+1  seeing same issues as EM1O, Compliance & lo_spaghetto
color issues like dark/shadow areas are way toooo dark.  cant see any detail, just blackness.   distant is still way too foggy/misty. Same freezing issues.  complete lockups ctl-alt-del useless.  have to use power to reboot.  I did notice in task mgr, the hawken process is reaching 4GB+.  Maybe its a memory leak issue.   Also noticed aspect ratio is off.  and when in menu screens, some of the elements dont fit.  Descriptions, badges, etc are sitting behind other GUI items.   Even though im on a 27" 2k monitor set at 2560x1440, all the graphics in menus and the game elements are really large.  it  seem more like they're displaying at 1280dpi.  very distracting.   before the update , i had none of these issues.   Hawken is not as fun anymore.  Please help!

Compliance

Compliance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

3rd night since the release....still the same issues...audio feedback, can't play more than one round as the game locks up the whole system before the next round starts...glitchy gameplay in general...any word on whats happening?

Next question....why the hell wasn't this tested better before the release?

The strange thing with this game is...initially it was so good...and still the general idea makes for a superior game...or at this point only the potential for bringing back what was a superior game...yet through what I can only surmise is constant, very poor decision making on someone's part...with all of the shenanigins of tweaking, nerfing, patching, adjusting whatever, the pc version offers nothing further except constant and utter disappointment. You people have not heard a single word that any of the player base has been saying. All we wanted was for the game to work better (like it used to), and to have better server support, in a broader area, in the US (like it used to). But what you came up with, after all this work, and all this time, was to present a new release that only offered cosmetic changes, with a playability level that makes it the worst variant yet! It's like some weird nightmare of the PC game version of Groundhog Day...

• Nov8tr likes this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

every single night since the "update" i get a garage or post-game lock up.

this is beginning to suck big honkers, folks.

please fix

nRJ1C9n.png

(PS4)boydutton

(PS4)boydutton

• PlayStation Members
  • 2 posts

if your having difficulty may i suggest you uninstall the game and then reinstall worked for me!

Edited by (PS4)boydutton, 27 May 2017 - 01:49 AM.

xehs

xehs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The score is equal and the time is out. Which team wins the game? I hope this part didn't change. I wish it was reverted back to the old way where people could've enter last-minute hardcore mode to get the last kill to ultimately win the game, which added more excitement to the game.

The emp vs shield. I also wish this was reverted back to the old way. This change made it harder to beat A-Class mech, which made it even harder to kill top scout players as they just run away or counter-attack without getting emped  (when emping them without emping the shield is already a difficult task because of their size and speed) contributing to way more unbalanced game than before. Worse, I'm getting myself emped and get killed. To elaborate, you have to get close to these players to kill them, and they often hide behind the shield before they run away when they are at disadvantage but they are now getting away too easily without getting killed or, worse, simply counter-kills the self-emped attacker making their K/D ratio worse than before the patch.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

ummm. no, i feel this is a dev problem--software checks all pass.  i don't seriously believe there is an AMD hardware only junkbox in their game testing lab, or this may have been caught sooner (some folks are getting ghost-maps or floorless maps) as it was originally nvidia-centric coding.

nRJ1C9n.png

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

found this little gem while walking the dog:

IhnRvbC.png