• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

KarlSchlag

KarlSchlag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

... after playing the monstrousity that is Hawken now, I'll never touch this game again. I want to CRY. No bugfixes. No new maps. A HORRIBLE port. And what have you done to the graphics?? I don't know what filter you used, you must have killed some concept artists and texture artists to get this result. Everything looks flattened, there is no contrast anymore, the skydomes are simply grey now. WTF have you done to this game??? Server quality is still bad. And the UI... oh god the UI. The so called "web"... it is just plain bad. Confusing and bad. And bad. Bad bad bad. Some of my old mechs are still missing by the way. Did you think I didnt notice?! You tried to confuse me with your web?! Hahaha.  And one of my three Zerkers is still broken. And NO: I dont want to send in a f...in support ticket for this issue anymore. The skins....The new skins are a JOKE. I will find you ten people in this community who could have done better than this kindergarten-skin-stuff... Oh god, the electric skin.. I want to CRY even more...

What did I expect? Not much... Just good servers, bugfixes, new maps/mechs and a dev-driven event now and then. Do you care about one of your biggest fans and core player for many years? No... you are a company and have to proceed into the future. Hawkens bright future. Therefore, I curse you with eye-cancer (see text above) 

Congrats

You REALLY messed it up 

Good bye everyone

• diablo878, dorobo, ArchMech and 6 others like this

IRZUTYo.png

SaYxVQp.pngbWmghey.png

KDR Veteran Member / KDR Server Administrator

Spoiler

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

sad.gif

• Guns_N_Rozer and DieselCat like this

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

... after playing the monstrousity that is Hawken now, I'll never touch this game again. I want to CRY.

after seeing the formatting monstrosity that is your post, I want to cry. 

Edited by Rainbow_Sheep, 25 May 2017 - 01:48 AM.

• MomOw, Bad_BennyAK, Gueber and 2 others like this

Spoiler

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Judging a game by  an unfinished patch is like judging a meal by tasting individual ingredients.  I'm SURE a lot of these issues will be updated and polished.  I played Hawken today, and  -  SURPRISE!!   Had fun!   Was it as nice as pre-update?  Not in every way,  but I'm sure it will be addressed. 

News Flash:   I joined a buddy in a European server, (I'm in Alaska)  and I had WELL over 200 ping,   previously unplayable.

Not only did I hang,  I actually did OK!   Kicked some butt!  So,  obviously,  they're smoothing the gameplay out first.  Just bring back our garage and our pretty PC  4K  graphics soon!

• Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous and Rainbow_Sheep like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

You will be back.

• diablo878, Miscellaneous, MomOw and 9 others like this

EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Judging a game by  an unfinished patch is like judging a meal by tasting individual ingredients.  I'm SURE a lot of these issues will be updated and polished.

AFAIK releasing an 'unfinished patch' to a released game is not only bloody stupid but also bad business sense. A patch should always fix issues not create more.

• claisolais, Friga and Brother3J like this

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

You will be back.

not alone , may be he will be back with his little pilot^

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Instead of fixing some of those issues on consoles first, they've decided to bring the chaos on PC first.  GG.

Now the land of PC have to wait to see if RLD is capable of make things right.

I dont mind bugs or performance issues, I could wait for that, but the things that they've created--those "NEW" holos, new G2 systems, new chassis camos? Impressive level of LAZINESS.

I have my doubts.

Since I bought some of the bundles, I started to behaved like a collector, purchased every seasonal staff with pretty high MC tag, and planning to purchase a lot MCs when new chassis hits. Maybe one day game can be restored as "acceptable" to me, but that arent any time sooner. 

Waiting another six month or a year for them to fix it? I have 1710k HC and I dont even want buy a new mech to give it a try, because everything seems like ruined, nothing much left for me to stay. Garage, ascetic atmosphere. server awards--I almost achieved them all And now? 

This is sad.

Donno why Op keeps playin this game, but the reason holds me here just got shot in the chest.

Ic6j9zJ.png

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

AFAIK releasing an 'unfinished patch' to a released game is not only bloody stupid but also bad business sense. A patch should always fix issues not create more.

They did this to console version already, ruined Hawken's chance for console launch, now PC launch (It was still Hawken beta before they launch it). People from APB warned us when RLD took over, now history seems repeating itself.

• diablo878 and DieselCat like this

Ic6j9zJ.png

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Making a game cross-platform is not a minor undertaking.  When is the last time that was done?  Also adding in voice?  And the continual server tweaks?  I don't think a major overhaul is bad business.  Just ask Bentley. 

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

They said it was a soft update. That means that they're working on it. There are bugs and stuff to be worked out. That's to be expected.

This signature is under construct

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

KarlSchlag? Never heard of you.

Making a game cross-platform is not a minor undertaking.  When is the last time that was done?  Also adding in voice?  And the continual server tweaks?  I don't think a major overhaul is bad business.  Just ask Bentley. 

First one that comes to mind; Final Fantasy XI. And they let console and PC play together. It was release on PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. Had a lot more content, and has run for 14 years. 

I was in beta and still have an account.

Edited by TangledMantis, 27 May 2017 - 07:20 AM.

• Brother3J likes this

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

i approve of this post:

... after playing the monstrousity that is Hawken now, I'll never touch this game again. I want to CRY. No bugfixes. No new maps. A HORRIBLE port. And what have you done to the graphics?? I don't know what filter you used, you must have killed some concept artists and texture artists to get this result. Everything looks flattened, there is no contrast anymore, the skydomes are simply grey now. WTF have you done to this game??? Server quality is still bad. And the UI... oh god the UI. The so called "web"... it is just plain bad. Confusing and bad. And bad. Bad bad bad. Some of my old mechs are still missing by the way. Did you think I didnt notice?! You tried to confuse me with your web?! Hahaha.  And one of my three Zerkers is still broken. And NO: I dont want to send in a f...in support ticket for this issue anymore. The skins....The new skins are a JOKE. I will find you ten people in this community who could have done better than this kindergarten-skin-stuff... Oh god, the electric skin.. I want to CRY even more...

What did I expect? Not much... Just good servers, bugfixes, new maps/mechs and a dev-driven event now and then. Do you care about one of your biggest fans and core player for many years? No... you are a company and have to proceed into the future. Hawkens bright future. Therefore, I curse you with eye-cancer (see text above) 

Congrats

You REALLY messed it up 

Good bye everyone

everything below here should feel like scum:

sad.gif

after seeing the formatting monstrosity that is your post, I want to cry. 

Judging a game by  an unfinished patch is like judging a meal by tasting individual ingredients.  I'm SURE a lot of these issues will be updated and polished.  I played Hawken today, and  -  SURPRISE!!   Had fun!   Was it as nice as pre-update?  Not in every way,  but I'm sure it will be addressed. 

News Flash:   I joined a buddy in a European server, (I'm in Alaska)  and I had WELL over 200 ping,   previously unplayable.

Not only did I hang,  I actually did OK!   Kicked some butt!  So,  obviously,  they're smoothing the gameplay out first.  Just bring back our garage and our pretty PC  4K  graphics soon!

not alone , may be he will be back with his little pilot^

They said it was a soft update. That means that they're working on it. There are bugs and stuff to be worked out. That's to be expected.

KarlSchlag? Never heard of you.

First one that comes to mind; Final Fantasy XI. And they let console and PC play together. It was release on PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. Had a lot more content, and has run for 14 years. 

I was in beta and still have an account.

murica

Edited by ArchMech, 27 May 2017 - 01:56 PM.

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

i approve of this post:

"I agree with this post, but other people don't agree, waaaaaah"

Spoiler

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

source.gif

You can never leave hawken. Hawken is a drug. Now, bring the salt boy. Get better, love Hawken and return stronger. 

The new mechs add some nice diversity. 

• Rainbow_Sheep, Arkhaun, Gueber and 2 others like this

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
It would be cool to be able to break mechs down for loot based scrap. You have a chance to roll anything. It would be a nice surprise what you could get - cosmetics, parts or taunts? - and would keep people intresested.

wmmoney.png

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

i approve of this post:

Hey remove me from the scum list NOW! I wasn't ironic back there. I agree believe me!!! 

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

It would be cool to be able to break mechs down for loot based scrap. You have a chance to roll anything. It would be a nice surprise what you could get - cosmetics, parts or taunts? - and would keep people intresested.

The research quests reward a mech after a certain amount of kills in that class. I think that's where it will end. I don't think Hawken needs salvage.

I don't think RLD should give away cosmetics. I don't think there should be MC rewards either. RLD won't make any money if there are ways to get stuff that currently requires real money. If RLD makes no money, Hawken servers get shut down. If you are jealous that you can't get a cosmetic other than by opening your wallet... good. I'll never have the cupcake chassis, even if I'd happily drop cash to the value that the VI bundle cost. I'm sure the people who bought VI want it to stay that way.

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts
[redacted]

Edited by (PS4)frostdragon2013, 29 May 2017 - 03:13 AM.

Most posts i make are taken from members of a large hawken community called krimson's cutthroat commandos o7

i'm a JOBS pilot who takes the souls of brave scouts

i play sharpshooter and vytro at long range because point blank is long range right?

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts
Ps4 servers are also struggling ps i dont think anyone likes the energy cosmetics
  • Arkhaun likes this

Most posts i make are taken from members of a large hawken community called krimson's cutthroat commandos o7

i'm a JOBS pilot who takes the souls of brave scouts

i play sharpshooter and vytro at long range because point blank is long range right?

Sokram

Sokram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Well, electric skin is really bad.

Epsilon_Knight

Epsilon_Knight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Christ's sake, people moan like a two dollar strumpet over anything nowadays.  Hawken is in working order.

... after playing the monstrousity that is Hawken now, I'll never touch this game again. I want to CRY.

After reading this post (god take pity on my eyes), I suspect you want to CRY most of the time.

No bugfixes. 

Apart from "server reservation failed" and the easy-to-forget thing where VOIP hadn't worked for years...

And what have you done to the graphics?? I don't know what filter you used, you must have killed some concept artists and texture artists to get this result. Everything looks flattened, there is no contrast anymore, the skydomes are simply grey now. 

I guess if it's "ironic", randomly changing text colors is an excellent way to make your point (look terrible).  Anyway, try adjusting your monitor.  The "skydomes" are not "simply grey" now, unless there's something wrong with your monitor or you.  Maps look good.  Framerate is better than before on my computer. Sorry you're having a fit about it.

And the UI... oh god the UI. The so called "web"... it is just plain bad. Confusing and bad. And bad. Bad bad bad

Whoa, a point everyone agrees with!  Restating things is on point and good.  And Good.  Good good good.

Some of my old mechs are still missing by the way. Did you think I didnt notice?! You tried to confuse me with your web?! Hahaha.  

Did you quit taking your meds?  The devs aren't trying to confuse you.

And one of my three Zerkers is still broken.

Damn.  The world weeps with you.

And NO: I dont want to send in a f...in support ticket for this issue anymore. 

I'm shocked.

The skins....The new skins are a JOKE. I will find you ten people in this community who could have done better than this kindergarten-skin-stuff... Oh god, the electric skin.. I want to CRY even more...

Roughly a fifth of your post is about a handful of bad skins.  Game is ruined, better quit now.  It'll be difficult for you, but try to uninstall through the tears.

Congrats

You REALLY messed it up 

Good bye everyone

Some bugs have been squashed, they're working on the rest.  There ARE new mechs.  A new map is in the works, and the devs have been setting up special servers, and doubtless there will be events in the future.  But hey, don't let that rain on your parade.

Goodbye, good riddance, see you when you come back.

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

tumblr_ly90gadUwd1qj73e2o1_500.gif#jack%

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

_Valefor_

_Valefor_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

The research quests reward a mech after a certain amount of kills in that class. I think that's where it will end. I don't think Hawken needs salvage.

I don't think RLD should give away cosmetics. I don't think there should be MC rewards either. RLD won't make any money if there are ways to get stuff that currently requires real money. If RLD makes no money, Hawken servers get shut down. If you are jealous that you can't get a cosmetic other than by opening your wallet... good. I'll never have the cupcake chassis, even if I'd happily drop cash to the value that the VI bundle cost. I'm sure the people who bought VI want it to stay that way.

I think they should at least start you off with a small amount of MC (maybe 100 or so) which would encourage new players to browse the premium items. Otherwise with no MC to start out with, many new players wont even look at cosmetics and such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users