Photo

Unreal Engine in use; can we have weather effects?

* * - - - 1 votes Weather Visibility UnrealEngine

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Now that we are so prominently reminded that Unreal is the engine of choice, I wonder if we could have some Unreal Engine weather effects.  Fog,  rain, direct sunlight blinding you, sandstorms,  etc.  

To get an idea of what I mean,  the best example I can use is Unreal Tournament 3,  Vehicle  Capture the Flag game mode.    There is a desert map,  where occasionally sandstorms blow up... you hear the wind whip,  the sand comes, and surrounds your cockpit... you can't see a thing!   AWESOME!!!  What a way to break up the action in a map!   Perhaps we could have some occasional fog... or maybe realtime day/night lighting for trying the map out in high/low light visibility conditions.  Rain.... maybe some Crysis-style rain drops streaking down the cockpit.... and better yet!! A slight cooling bonus against heat buildup, when it rains.     Also,  maybe a heat buildup penalty in sandstorms!

This is very doable, and already set up in Unreal powered games.  

Could this be doable?  It might be a good way to breath extra life into these good ol' tried and true maps. 

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

That would be amazing, but let's fix the game before piling any more potential problems on the mountain the devs already have to go through, cause there is plenty of work that needs to be done before new and flashy features can be expanded on.

Edited by DingdongJR, 25 May 2017 - 02:30 AM.

• Amidatelion and Bad_BennyAK like this

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Could this be doable?  

Oh yes, just let me organise a funeral for my GPU real quick

• EM1O, Shade__ and popeco like this

Welcome_To_The_Enclave.png

Spoiler

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

magnificent.  in garage i can pull 130-160fps, and jump into a prosk match at a glorious 15-25fps.  yes!  we need more load on the servers!  it is so fun chasing mechs and dodging around at the current speeds!  almost like playing on the old fx4600 gpu.  :yes:

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

I suppose there would be a config capable of making it not rain or not as much so old pc's could run it.

I've been asking this since alpha. Same with color palette change for Patterns! Because different colored camo's that has the same patterns. And no don't try to sell it to us as a new camo while it's just a color swap. Sell us a toolkit.

Back on the subject, in my blurry memory I have a souvenir that there was some kind of a dust storm in a "bazaar" kind of map.

Oh and I totally forgot THE THING I WAS ALWAYS Whining about:

OLD INTERIOR DASHBOARD

https://www.youtube....h?v=qI2bg-EeXAI

Oh and look there's some "pollution"' in uptown?

Edited by Luaq, 25 May 2017 - 08:45 AM.

Zavier_

Zavier_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Would be useless when Hawken is being pushed into competitive scene. But imo, that would look with previous version of hawken , now it feels downgraded 

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Oh yes, just let me organise a funeral for my GPU real quick

As I said...   Try Unreal Tournament 3,  Vehicle CTF.  It's not THAT much of a resource hog.  a decent NVidia 9 series card will look just fine. 

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

As I said... Try Unreal Tournament 3, Vehicle CTF. It's not THAT much of a resource hog. a decent NVidia 9 series card will look just fine.

Yeah a lot of us don't have Nvidia 9 series or equivalent. I don't and I'm sure many others are like me.

Edited by Silverfire, 29 May 2017 - 06:03 AM.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I don't have an Nvidea 9 series card, I have an ATI Radeon 790... and I'm getting the best, most solid and consistent frames out of this new version that I've ever had from Hawken.  It doesn't drop off a bit, not even in situations where 6 mechs are crammed together bombing each other with explody weapons.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Nolo24

Nolo24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Spoiler

its kinda already in the game... If you go outside the boudries in wreckage you see all kinds of neat stuff. Flying butterflies (?) Fog, water, semipermeable trees ect. All the cool stuff is already there, why not use it??

Edited by Nolo24, 02 June 2017 - 12:34 PM.

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

Copy3ms

Copy3ms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

that would be amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users