• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

So of all the problems with the soft launch of Howken on the PC, this is the worst, as it makes playing pretty unbearable.

Whenever I turn, the screen kinda gets stuck and snaps repeatedly as I turn.  If I'm moving while turning it gets about 10 times worse.  Kinda hard to explain, but I uploaded a quick video.  It's not as apparent as in game, so I might have to upload another video at 1080.

Already messed with settings a bit, and played with the fps counter on, so this doesn't seem to be performance related.  If anyone knows a fix however, I'm all ears.

Video link:

Edit:

Here is another better video to show what's happening:

One suggestion was to enable borderless window, which seems to reduce the frequency of the stuttering.  The game is pretty unplayable still, so aside from attempting fixes, I basically have to shelf the game.

EDIT 2:

Did a full wipe and reinstall, issue is gone now.  Close thread now?

Edited by Morquedeas, 25 May 2017 - 09:57 AM.

• dorobo and nepacaka like this

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Maybe it's for the betterment of performance!

Yummi_Kitteh

Yummi_Kitteh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Can second this, overall feel is garbage, went from getting 200fps @ 1.12ms frame time, down to 75~90fps at 30ms+ frame time. If things don't "stick" like whats in the video, the client seems to outright lockup and lock ur PC up as well. For me the lock ups happen almost any time, even mid match, can play BDO, Overwatch, BF1, etc for hours and hours but yet 15 minutes on the new "Howken" and it's hard restart time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users